• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TDD's on the rise elsewhere???

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Ok, first off, I have NOTHING but respect for ANYONE who plays disc golf, no matter how good or bad they play...how many discs they carry, or what type of equipment they use....

BUT I swear as of late (and agreed with by many friends and fellow DGers) that this year is officially the rise of the "two disc douchebag". I am in no way saying if you play with two discs you are a douche bag(hell, shot my best round this year with just two discs), it's just that every douchebag I have run into this year is a two disc carrier jack ass. It's as if a whole slew of disrespectful punks got two discs from their mommy for Christmas and are hitting the courses in groups of 8 or more.

So far this year I have already yelled at no less that three groups for littering, throwing discs at county park signs, and yanking out trees and branches. Am I getting old and becoming that "get off my lawn guy" or has anyone else noticed around the country the rise and apparent inbreeding of the TDD's?

Its early in the year ... if your area is the same as mine those players will fade away as it gets real hot and few will return as the summer fades to fall.

we had this happen to us on our weekly mini..these grungy looking nasty ****s were behind my group and they proceeded to throw on us while we were still in the fairway...instead of bitching at them we just let them finish that hole

We call them one disc wonders around here, I guess being the South they can only afford one disc instead of two, hey just more money for Natural light!

We call them CF's. The "C" stands for casual. The "F" stand for...well, you get it. If they are really stupid and obnoxious we call them CMF's, although that might be offensive to you depending on how much respect you have for your mother.

There do seem to come out early in the Spring. By Summer I suppose most of them will be sitting in the air conditioning eating Doritos and watching Sponge Bob.

I guess I'm lucky. All the new people we have are pretty respectful and appreciate any advice we can give them.

I think it is all in the attitude.

I could have been easily considered a TDD until I got serious about playing. Any one of us could. Some guys seem to think it is "their" course because they belong to a club, that is a little silly.

Obviously one can easily earn the name TDD or CMF but I am not going to instantly assume that is the case.

We call them hackers around here because there always seems to be at least one of them hacking their way out of the brush. Most of them wear flip flops and they leave a trail of large energy drink cans in their wake and they all throw DX Valkyries. They're fun to watch because usually the first one will throw and then imediately start walking towards his disc while the second one throws. After the second one throws he will start walking towards his disc while the third one throws. It's just a accident waiting to happen.

One such group of these guys always plays hacky sack on a hole at my home course. They will do it right beside a basket and when groups get to the tee pad and yell at them they will just stand there beside the basket and wave the group through but they won't move. You basically have to throw right at them.

How about treating them nicely by explaining the game, technique, etiquette, "spirit of the game", inviting them to play with you....and giving them two discs - thereby making them FDD's? :)

We have a winner!!!

Ball-Z wins the guess the tasteless humor acronym of the day trophy by guessing Shat my pants laughing!!! :|:|:|

Ah hell, we get those guys all year round. (The group that had a member steal my XL yesterday are a perfect example). I define them more by their behavior than how many discs they carry. Usually they take about 7-9 strokes apiece to complete a 300' hole and use discs that are completely inappropriate for the kind of shot they're making.

Just another argument for more pay for play courses. A nominal $1-2 all day entrance fee would chase most of them off. That's their video game/nickel bag money you're cutting into after all.

I guess we are pretty fortunate in this area, I haven't seen much of this type behavior, thankfully.

Irony of the day, May 21, 2009:

The idiots who love to use the term "grow the sport" are the same idiots who complain the loudest about noob courtesy ignorance.

Irony of the day, May 21, 2009:

The idiots who love to use the term "grow the sport" are the same idiots who complain the loudest about noob courtesy ignorance.

LOL! you are absolutely correct!

Bunch of snobish asses and a bunch of newbies all in an unhappy family.

I had never heard it either but I think I figure it out,

sort of like pissing my pants laughing, but #2

nice one Sidewinding - you've got no shortage of classic one liners

We were all newbies once. I probably still am a little bit. However, I have always been big on respect. Actually if I am new at something I think I probably go out of my way to be polite. As annoying as these guys are I think that giving them the benefit of the doubt and courteously correcting them once is the right thing to do. Once you have given them that chance you can write them off as TDD. I hope that most of them decide to do the right thing.

It never bothers me to have new players on the course, and it really does seem that there is a pretty large number of new players at the moment. What does bother me are the groups that get angry and defensive when you try to nicely let them know about the etiquette of the game. Most people are really receptive to some pointers about how to behave, but every once in a while you get those groups that don't want to hear it...

Latest posts