• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Trilogy

I like that other thread. This thread is one of the failest threads of the year so I'm just adding to the fail.

Think of it this way, we already have a heaping pile crap the size of a house burning away nicely here so what's the difference if a add another couch?

I like that other thread. This thread is one of the failest threads of the year so I'm just adding to the fail.

Think of it this way, we already have a heaping pile crap the size of a house burning away nicely here so what's the difference if a add another couch?

...No. The only fail here is you pissing your pants on another thread and turning around and posting it here.

...No. The only fail here is you pissing your pants on another thread and turning around and posting it here.

rolls-eyes.jpg

any people at world ams thank team trilogy?

any truths just flying great in the woods?

thanks for several laughs. especially those TT rules.

btw, people have been doing the fanboy all one brand thing for awhile, while i agree the name is stupid it is catchy, i dont see a problem with the idea. but i think those members need to be careful cause not everyone out there realizes they arent actually apart of the companies.

At least the companies you are helping to make more $$ actually do give quite alot back...well DD anyway, idk about the other 2.

I was one of TTs harshest critics at first. But after conversing with SteezeOG and getting over myself, I realized there really isn't anything wrong with it. I have seen a few people, mostly younger players, who have revamped their whole bag to join TT, but hey, that's their business not mine.

FWIW, here in Colorado Lat/Westside/DD are decently popular, but it's pretty rare to see anyone with more than two molds from the Trilogy in their bags at any given time. Lot of people rocking Ranger bags without a single Trilogy disc in there.

So it isn't really catching fire here, at least in our local league and In the tournament scene.

I'll be honest, I couldn't make myself read this entire thread but this is what I got out of it...
Everyone keeps asking "What's in it for me?" But TT is killing it because everyone buys in, with the idea to give, not take. Admirable. I honestly thought the dudes with the TT stuff were actually on the real DD/LAT/WS team. Man, this makes so much more sense now.

I gave this an honest try, to convert over, mainly to see if I could. I played in a lot of tournaments in the last two years, and did fairly well, but it was mainly to qualify for this year's Am Worlds. Between the two big tournaments I already played and Am World's, I qualified for next year four times over. So my competitive playing days will be numbered in the near future, keeping mainly to leagues, recreational rounds, and practice, so I do not know how much of an ambassador I could be for the sport anyway.

Regardless, I wanted to see if I could do it.

I converted over to the tandem of Mercy and Swans for putting. The Recycled Claymore, at least what few I could get my hands on, definitely pair up well with my Truths and Verdicts. However, it was my fairway drivers that killed me in the end. I simply cannot replace my Gazelles. There is no disc like it in the Trilogy lineup. I am not looking for forum help here in regards to the Gazelle, but I am putting it out there as a statement of fact for me; I could not replace the Gazelle. And since I could not replace that disc, I might as well keep the Roadrunner, Leopard, TeeBird3, and Predator in the bag as well. There are no exact replacements for them either, even though several are close.

I already run with the pairing of Swords and Trespasses. To cap it off, I also throw the XXX; always have, always will. So my bag was easily half Trilogy, but it only took one disc to blow up the whole plan.

It seems to me that if those that join TT do not benefit they will move on. Those that do benefit and continue to huck TT plastic will help promote the discs of companies with a small market share. Seems reasonable.

I converted over to the tandem of Mercy and Swans for putting. The Recycled Claymore, at least what few I could get my hands on, definitely pair up well with my Truths and Verdicts. However, it was my fairway drivers that killed me in the end. I simply cannot replace my Gazelles. There is no disc like it in the Trilogy lineup. I am not looking for forum help here in regards to the Gazelle, but I am putting it out there as a statement of fact for me; I could not replace the Gazelle. And since I could not replace that disc, I might as well keep the Roadrunner, Leopard, TeeBird3, and Predator in the bag as well. There are no exact replacements for them either, even though several are close.

Have you tried a Warship? It's classified as a midrange, but it really does go far. It's flight is almost Gazelle-like.

That said, I've had similar experience as you. Although I never had any thoughts to use my all-trilogy bag in competitive play, I do like to use it casually. For the most part, it holds up pretty well in comparison to my primary bag. However, I haven't been able to find a fairway driver that I can trust. I don't even need a direct replacement for my Teebirds and Patriots, I just want want to be able to confidently hit fairway lines. I was never able to click with Strikers or Rivers, and Stags, Escapes, and Saints go too far for me to use them as pure fairway drivers.

The Warship helps bridge that gap a bit, but I still feel like something is missing.

Have you tried a Warship? It's classified as a midrange, but it really does go far. It's flight is almost Gazelle-like.

That said, I've had similar experience as you. Although I never had any thoughts to use my all-trilogy bag in competitive play, I do like to use it casually. For the most part, it holds up pretty well in comparison to my primary bag. However, I haven't been able to find a fairway driver that I can trust. I don't even need a direct replacement for my Teebirds and Patriots, I just want want to be able to confidently hit fairway lines. I was never able to click with Strikers or Rivers, and Stags, Escapes, and Saints go too far for me to use them as pure fairway drivers.

The Warship helps bridge that gap a bit, but I still feel like something is missing.

HA! First time I've heard another Gazelle to Warship comparison :thmbup: that's pretty much what I found; when people ask me about the Warship my usual response is, "ya know, it's weird, but I find I throw it where I used to throw Gazelles mostly."

I was one of TTs harshest critics at first. But after conversing with SteezeOG and getting over myself, I realized there really isn't anything wrong with it. I have seen a few people, mostly younger players, who have revamped their whole bag to join TT, but hey, that's their business not mine.

FWIW, here in Colorado Lat/Westside/DD are decently popular, but it's pretty rare to see anyone with more than two molds from the Trilogy in their bags at any given time. Lot of people rocking Ranger bags without a single Trilogy disc in there.

So it isn't really catching fire here, at least in our local league and In the tournament scene.

You better watch dealing with that guy. I hear he's crazy. Cult like. I'm the Jim Jones of Team Trilogy. Woogie boogie! :hfive:

dang steeze og, i didnt like you before, but if andyjb vouches for you im sorry and can we be best friends? i promise to only throw trilogys !!!!!!

Latest posts