• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] teebird t3

Sounds like almost every other company in the history of capitalism, as production goes up quality goes down.

Those came out just a few months ago...of course you couldn't flip them for big bucks.

It's people like you that whine about selling a stack of disc at cost five years down the road.

Just like many other "limited" or first releases that have come out recently, the prices started out high and fell off quickly as the market reached saturation and the fad aspect faded. The throwback and DX stamps that were pulling $30-40 after they came out are selling at cost these days and thats if you find someone who wants them. I had the same experience with the pre-release G*, I picked up a Teebird for $25 thinking I got a steal and by the time I turned around to sell it the value had dropped to where I didn't make any money on it(which was fine, I wasn't going to get rich selling it either way). These discs are not going to hold their value when Innova turns around and immediately comes out with a production run of the same disc.

Just like many other "limited" or first releases that have come out recently, the prices started out high and fell off quickly as the market reached saturation and the fad aspect faded. The throwback and DX stamps that were pulling $30-40 after they came out are selling at cost these days and thats if you find someone who wants them. I had the same experience with the pre-release G*, I picked up a Teebird for $25 thinking I got a steal and by the time I turned around to sell it the value had dropped to where I didn't make any money on it(which was fine, I wasn't going to get rich selling it either way). These discs are not going to hold their value when Innova turns around and immediately comes out with a production run of the same disc.

Yeah those first run destroyers are hard to sell for more than $16 since you can just buy a production run for the same price. You guys are looking at this in too short a time period. Only a bobo pays $40 for a disc the week after it sells out at the factory store. Time will tell, molds will change, stamps will change. In five years people may be after flat first run gstar tee birds if 3 runs in a row come out domey. Or think of all the new players in the next five years that want to have a tight bag with 'old school' discs.

Yeah those first run destroyers are hard to sell for more than $16 since you can just buy a production run for the same price. You guys are looking at this in too short a time period. Only a bobo pays $40 for a disc the week after it sells out at the factory store. Time will tell, molds will change, stamps will change. In five years people may be after flat first run gstar tee birds if 3 runs in a row come out domey. Or think of all the new players in the next five years that want to have a tight bag with 'old school' discs.

You may be right but you can't argue that the value doesn't quickly wane after they are released...

I don't see the rapid inflation of price that occurs directly after a release to be more than a blip. Just the fresh hot item effect. People buying them because they don't have one but every one else does.

I had a chance to throw my T3 today. It feels like my go-to TeeBird, a Glow Champ Cal-tooled with the 2010 Big D in the Desert stamped Bird. And the flight!!! I would say it has just a tick *MORE* glide than my Glow Champ, but with the same fade that my Glow Champ had when I first got it! I'm going to say that Innova really hit the nail on the head with this one. Really loving the addition to my bag!

Does anyone have an opinion on its comparison with a Brinster Champ Teebird?

This is what I want to hear about. I am awash in Teebirds, and I think the Brinster and AJs are great renditions of the Bird. I'd like to see how the T3 stacks up to them.

From what I hear the Brinsters are still the most OS. The T3s probably sit somewhere between the AJs and Brinsters in terms of stability.

So its like exactly the same disc except it will fade a bit less at the end? Or can you glean a few more details from the differences?

So its like exactly the same disc except it will fade a bit less at the end? Or can you glean a few more details from the differences?

This^^^^^ Someone please give me a reason to spend 25-40$ for one of these. With only what.....500? released, people are wanting ridiculous money for them.

1. How do they fly compared to a totem teebird?
2. How does the glide compare to your other birds?
3. Does anyone know if these are going to eventually be released reg production?

This^^^^^ Someone please give me a reason to spend 25-40$ for one of these. With only what.....500? released, people are wanting ridiculous money for them.

3. Does anyone know if these are going to eventually be released reg production?

Just wait until August and by a production run for regular price..........I get spending extra money on something OOP, but not something that will begin production soon just to have it a couple months before everyone else.

Just wait until August and by a production run for regular price..........I get spending extra money on something OOP, but not something that will begin production soon just to have it a couple months before everyone else.

but then you dont get to be the cool kid with a beat in one as they release.

I think we can all agree that Innova was trying to meet demand for a product they get chided for not having, a flat teebird. This mold will almost definitely go to production, whereas the brinster will not be a regular disc. Regardless of how it flies, it will sell more than the brinster since it is flat. Personally, I have one brinster that I love a lot and will continue to use, but the rest I am getting rid of and I will use t3's as I add to my throwing pile. The one T3 I am throwing is a great disc that I got a for the regular price and yes, hopefully it will break in by the time the regular production run arrives.

Sorry to disappoint, but the flight is almost the same. Wouldn't be the first time 2 discs flew similarly. I will try and get a video of throwing some soon. Hard to do during the week.

You'd be a lot happier buying a seasoned 11x TB at roughly the same price, especially considering these will almost certainly make it into production soon enough.

Add more fade, and its a banshee.

^^ I mean...really! I've started just bagging a nice flat Banshee for my mega OS TB. The Brinsters just feel clunky/chunky in my grip.

You always hear that the dome on a disc is simply a factor of cooling time. To me, it would make more sense to simply let the discs cool longer to achive the flat top. Then you could retain the glide.

Flatness has never been a great concern of mine anyway. I have very good luck just flattening discs myself.

I did grab a couple of these @ the original price. I'll throw one to see if I like it. If not, it'll go on the block.