• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] teebird t3

I just got back from the field. I was testing out my new G* T3. I have a max weight, redish/orange, production (regular) stamp. I was throwing along with a FSO Jolly Launcher T3, my Glow CAL-tooled, and about 4 other G* Teebirds (regular Teebs).

I would say that the new G* T3 IS, in fact, a longer Teebird. It's great at holding a line, and has that classic fade finish. Flat, if I crank on it, it has some HSS slide and a nice finish. Farther throws than any other TB I was throwing. The FSO JL T3 is beefy, REALLY BEEFY!

All in all, I think the G* T3 will sit nicely between my TB arsenal (Glow CAL-tooled, G*, DX, DX Glow) and my PD arsenal (C, P, & S lines).

I just got back from the field. I was testing out my new G* T3. I have a max weight, redish/orange, production (regular) stamp. I was throwing along with a FSO Jolly Launcher T3, my Glow CAL-tooled, and about 4 other G* Teebirds (regular Teebs).

I would say that the new G* T3 IS, in fact, a longer Teebird. It's great at holding a line, and has that classic fade finish. Flat, if I crank on it, it has some HSS slide and a nice finish. Farther throws than any other TB I was throwing. The FSO JL T3 is beefy, REALLY BEEFY!

All in all, I think the G* T3 will sit nicely between my TB arsenal (Glow CAL-tooled, G*, DX, DX Glow) and my PD arsenal (C, P, & S lines).

Did you see a difference between the T3 and your other GStars? They looked the same too me.

In other news, I'm loving this disc. It flies like a Teebird and is flatter than other Star teebs so it fits really comfortably in the hand. I'm throwing it in my normal Teebird range, 350' give or take a few, but it feels just so nice in the hand I want to throw it all the time. Nice straight to fade Teebird flight, and I've nailed some trees and the plastic hasn't scuffed or bent.

Innova's done good on this one.

Yeah, I looked at the G* T3 vs my G* Teebs, and I'd say there is little difference to the naked eye. Granted, I wear glasses and my vision is far from 20/20, but the difference wasn't noticeable. I will say that the T3 is flat. When I got my G* Teebirds I hand picked the flattest ones. So I've never really known G* Teebs to be anything but flat. The huge difference in the two is the flight! Both are similar, but the T3 easily goes farther without having to try as much. I've also clocked some trees and haven't seen any damage. At all.

I will be filming a comparison video for Hucking Aces tomorrow, but I will put up some quick observations. First, this and my flat, firm glow Teebird are almost identical. I would have to get out my calipers to really see, but to the eye and the hand they are the same. I used the glow as my longer, slightly more OS Teebird. So really, the T3 is my backup to that.

I'm a Teebird connoisseur, so I did notice quite a bit of difference between this and my regular G Star. I had to put a little anny on the T3 to get some turn. Not so with the G Star. The T3 seems to hold low lines better better than a standard Teebird as well. Can't wait to throw it some more.

I will admit that I haven't thrown a GStar Teebird, only the T3. I'm still skeptical that there could be such a huge difference in flight when there's no difference in PLH or dome, but who knows. The only way to find out is to throw a GStar.

But I'm not going to throw a regular GStar because I'm in love with throwing this T3 and I don't want to throw anything else right now. It is so sweet. Perfect straight to fade flights every time, and even when I think I've thrown it poorly, it somehow ends up flying beautifully. I'll say it again: I love this disc.

Threw the crap out of my T3 today. Vid should be up later this week. I've grown to love it. It is as advertised. Less glide, ever so slightly faster.

I found that my flat, firm glow Teebird (from the DGV run) was more overstable, had less glide, is flatter and is about the same speed. I'm wondering if the T3 is of the same mold.

I parked a few holes with the T3 today and nailed my innova competition bag from 355 feet though. So that was awesome.

Will probably pick one of these up, but since I got an FD2, this is suddenly not high on my priority list.

I'll have my video out later this week. It's a great disc. Solid addition for Innova. Pretty eager to see this released in Champion plastic in a full production run.

I haven't gone out for a back-to-back comparison with my T3/TBs, but I did throw mine a couple times and it felt/flew like a TB. I didn't notice the dome being particularly different.

Has anyone had time to compare, are you getting more D or covering different lines than a TB can do?

Different lines, no. But I am finding a little more D over my regular Teebirds. It's not a lot. In the field, I was getting 10-20 feet. On the course though, on golf lines, the difference is negligible. It does lack the typical Teebird glide, so it's a little (emphasis on the LITTLE) better in a headwind.

Fights out of anny a little better too. I wouldn't say it's a huge improvement over regular birds, but it comes out of the hand faster for sure.

Did Innova release the #'s of proto T3s Color/Stamp combos made? I know that they have for past proto star releases.

I haven't gone out for a back-to-back comparison with my T3/TBs, but I did throw mine a couple times and it felt/flew like a TB. I didn't notice the dome being particularly different.

Has anyone had time to compare, are you getting more D or covering different lines than a TB can do?

I don't think there's much of a difference. It flies like a fresh, stable/overstable Teebird flies. In terms of distance for me, it's just as far as other Teebirds but I think I might be hitting my solid Teebird distance (350' or so, with 375' being a really good rip) more consistently. I attribute that to the superior feel of the disc. It feels like my flat, stiff champ Teebirds but has more glide and isn't as overstable out of the box, so it flies farther than a Champ TB out of the box.

What a great disc. Innova's killing it lately. First there was GStar, which is great. And now this Teebird, which is exactly what a Teebird should be.

Alcuin: mirrors my observations, even though you throw a good bit farther than me. My flat, firm glow Teebird and T3 are very close, with the champ glow ie being just a bit more OS.

It's a solid disc, but I don't see myself stocking up. I already have 8 Teebirds, and that should last me a dang lifetime.

Did Innova release the #'s of proto T3s Color/Stamp combos made? I know that they have for past proto star releases.

Good question! Out of the 25 I saw that have come to the local shop, the Purple ones were the rarest. And I noticed only 1 Purple G* out of all the ones I've seen in auctions (whether Ebay or the FB pages).

As far as the CFR FSO ones that came out, we contacted Mark Molnar about the number of color variations they produced. He said that he didn't know, but that the Blue and the Darker Green (not the Day Glow Green) were the fewest produced.

I'd love to see a vid comparing the flights of the GStar TB, T3, and some different runs of champ TBs.

I'd love to see a vid comparing the flights of the GStar TB, T3, and some different runs of champ TBs.

I'll have one posted later this week comparing the GSTAR Teebird 3, G Star Teebird and a CFR flat glow Teebird. It's shot and edited, just waiting for Hucking Aces to post it.

I threw them flat, anny, hyzer and forehand in the field, then took them to the course for various shots.

I could make a video with all my Teebirds against the T3 but that wouldn't be for awhile.

Latest posts