• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Tell me about your Underworld...

Qikly

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
...pretty please!

I figured I'd make a companion thread to my Stag. How much turn to these babies have? Is it too much to make them a go-to driver (a la a River), or just a nice, steady turnover? Comparisons between various weights and plastics would be awesome.

Sounds too flippy to me. I have a feeling people will use it more as a utility, like an A-SS is for rollers and such. Good for shorter throwers generally, but not much if your throwing your fairways over 360'

Stag/Saint, Underworld/Vision, Tursas/Fuse...redundancy, overlap, saturation.

So now these are going to kick out perfectly good discs from the bag?

I don't really see the Stag/Saint overlapping that much, and I don't see the Tursas/Fuses overlapping that much. From what I hear, Fuses are more stable than Tursas, and I wouldn't consider any of the saints I have thrown to have 0 turn.

Stag wont be anything like the saint. The stag is what we all thought the the saint was supposed to be before it was released. The saint has some turn with little fade forward, while the stag wont have that turn and will have a nice reliable fade. I think they will actually compliment eachother nicely. A vip stag, opto saint, and gl saint should cover everything in this distance/speed slot of a bag

Lol, I've never thrown a saint, but man, you're way off...

Underworld and a Vision? Maybe if the Underworld was a speed 10, or the Vision was a speed 7.

And if the Tursas was actually as Understable as the flight numbers would suggest, it wouldn't overlap Fuse. But I'll call a spade a spade, and agree that the first run Tursas' are very Fuse-like

Lol, I've never thrown a saint, but man, you're way off...

Underworld and a Vision? Maybe if the Underworld was a speed 10, or the Vision was a speed 7.

And if the Tursas was actually as Understable as the flight numbers would suggest, it wouldn't overlap Fuse. But I'll call a spade a spade, and agree that the first run Tursas' are very Fuse-like

LOL, the man says he's never thrown a Saint, but no way it can be anything like a Stag.

Underworld and Vision? Speed 8 and 7, same rim width.

Yeh, always compare same plastic...Opto Fuse and VIP Tursas.

Moral of story: these discs are very similar Lat 64/Westside molds with minor tweaks in order to claim slight differences in stability and speed ratings. Other examples...Flow/Sword, Bolt/King, etc.

So has anybody actually thrown the disc instead of looking at flight charts? :)

LOL, the man says he's never thrown a Saint, but no way it can be anything like a Stag.

No no, you misunderstood me. I meant i've never thrown a saint so I can't compare it to a stag, not that it couldn't be anything like one.

I've thrown Vision/Underworld, and Tursas/Fuse that's why I can give actual in depth analysis on those, but not the Saint/Stag comparison.

I guess you're right about the Vision being speed 8, no idea why I thought it was 10, for some reason, I guess I just remember Lat64 classifying it as a distance driver, but I went and checked and sure enough, 8.

That being said, I can get a Vision on a full power rip about 45-50 feet further than I could my Underworld, and i'm fairly certain that the Vision has a nice healthy fade at the end of the flight, and the Underworld just rips and dies.

Threw a 169g Tournament Underworld today on 6 or 7 holes.
Definitely understable. I throw forehand for shots that need to fade right so it will end up being an utility disc for me.
Go to say though that not only is the plastic gorgeous, but it feels amazing and has more flexibility than my Gold Lines. That is what will keep it in my bag for now.
Plus I love the stamp, go figure.

8519000313_d9f4acbe68_o.jpg

Threw a 169g Tournament Underworld today on 6 or 7 holes.
Definitely understable. I throw forehand for shots that need to fade right so it will end up being an utility disc for me.
Go to say though that not only is the plastic gorgeous, but it feels amazing and has more flexibility than my Gold Lines. That is what will keep it in my bag for now.
Plus I love the stamp, go figure.

8519000313_d9f4acbe68_o.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts Skulboy! I can imagine it'd be hard to get a lot of mileage out of this disc if you had a reliable FH. How does it compare glide- and distance-wise to, say, a River?

Stamp seems made for you. :D

No no, you misunderstood me. I meant i've never thrown a saint so I can't compare it to a stag, not that it couldn't be anything like one.

I've thrown Vision/Underworld, and Tursas/Fuse that's why I can give actual in depth analysis on those, but not the Saint/Stag comparison.

I guess you're right about the Vision being speed 8, no idea why I thought it was 10, for some reason, I guess I just remember Lat64 classifying it as a distance driver, but I went and checked and sure enough, 8.

That being said, I can get a Vision on a full power rip about 45-50 feet further than I could my Underworld, and i'm fairly certain that the Vision has a nice healthy fade at the end of the flight, and the Underworld just rips and dies.

Okay, I hear you.

Some Visions are pretty stable, especially Opto's.

Way less stable. It won't pull out of the anny line like the river will. Thrown with a lot of hyzer it will flip up track right (rhbh) and it won't pull out. Kinda a utility for me at least so far.

I dont have problems with getting Rivers to hold anny line to the ground. So I am not sure if I would have a need for this disc. I throw the River for most of my drives so its become my favorite disc. Which is probably why I can work the disc so well. Realy looking forward to the Stag though. I think it will be the perfect compliment to the River.

I dont have problems with getting Rivers to hold anny line to the ground. So I am not sure if I would have a need for this disc. I throw the River for most of my drives so its become my favorite disc. Which is probably why I can work the disc so well. Realy looking forward to the Stag though. I think it will be the perfect compliment to the River.
i can get the river to do that all the way down but i have to force that on the river, where the stag wants to do it. reminds me of the glide when i threw them. its going anny 95% of the time unless thrown too high.