• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Tell me about your Underworld...

Thanks for your thoughts Skulboy! I can imagine it'd be hard to get a lot of mileage out of this disc if you had a reliable FH. How does it compare glide- and distance-wise to, say, a River?

Stamp seems made for you. :D

River, for me, flies flat with slight left fade at end. Underworld thrown flat goes right and finishes right. there was some wind and I really didn't get chance to put it through the paces so can't comment on glide and distance yet.

Wouldn't the Underworld overlap more with the River more than anything else? An understable Fairway driver that glides for days. I've noticed a lot of Westside's ratings seem to be slightly changed in order to make it different than Lat 64 discs. I haven't thrown a Stag but it could potentially be a useful hyzerflip disc.

Either way, that is one very nice looking disc Skullboy has there.

Last edited:
i can get the river to do that all the way down but i have to force that on the river, where the [Underworld] wants to do it.

Assuming you meant the Underworld there, that's been my experience with the River, too: depending on the severity of the left-to-right angle I'm throwing, it can be a fight to get it to hold that line. Obviously, getting better helps, but the Underworld piqued my interest primarily because it seemed like it would be more consistent in this regard.

i can get the river to do that all the way down but i have to force that on the river, where the stag wants to do it. reminds me of the glide when i threw them. its going anny 95% of the time unless thrown too high.

Good point about the need to force the River to hold that line. You have given me something to think about now in regards to picking up an underworld. Trying to keep my bag simple with few mold options and force myself to learn how to work what I have. Instead of looking for a disc to make a shot. If it wasnt for my urge to try out new Lat and Westside plastic this would be alot easier.

Wouldn't the Underworld overlap more with the River more than anything else? An understable Fairway driver that glides for days. I've noticed a lot of Westside's ratings seem to be slightly changed in order to make it different than Lat 64 discs. I haven't thrown a Stag but it could potentially be a useful hyzerflip disc.

The Stag is an overstable(ish) speed 8 driver.

edit: I have to edit mine because you edited yours! First time I read it you had Stag and not Underworld. Bah!

I say just beat them Rivers in a little and you will have a nice turnover disc. Find you one of the flatter ones and it won't take much to get it to where there is no fade.I like sticking to as few of molds as possible. Right now I use the River for all my fairway driver shots. The only thing I may need sometimes is an overstable fairway driver in the bag. Was looking at the Stag or possibly the DD fairway driver. Gonna wait on more reveiws of both first. I wish Latitude/Westside would release about a 12 speed turnover driver. I just don't dig the Bolt for that slot. Too nose angle sensitive for me.

^^^Give this man a cigar!

So....Correct me if I sound off on this:

I'm going to buy all 3 of the new westside molds. The only hang-up is my justification to the girlfriend(also have to decide which discs I get and which ones she gets).

I have a mildly-beat, GL river. It holds any line I throw it on. No fade; just floats down to the ground. It is dark blue, and can be hard to find in woods and swamps, so I'd like to replace it.
I also have a Medusa that I like. It is my long, hyzer-flip disc, my hard turn right disc, and a great stamp that I'd love on the wall. It is also the wrong color orange, and blends into the pine straw and leaves. The GF and I both love to throw it.

I think the Underworld would be a good replacement for my River and Medusa. I might need to buy one for the GF too.

The Tursas sounds like a nicer Element to me, and I love squid/kraken/octopi. I'd buy it just to hang on the wall, but I'd probably throw it too, as I enjoyed my Element.

The Stag....I don't see it knocking the Striker out of my bag for straight line shots, but the GF loves her Eagles, and I am hoping a TP Stag can be worn in to suit her, as she doesn't like how loose the Eagles fly in a wind. Plus, I'd love to two-disc a round with the Stag and a Flying Squirrel...like Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Now, who knows anything about Westside's new bags?

From what everyone is saying, it sounds like the Underworld is more like my beatish GL Vision...or maybe a little more US. That would be cool. I also now have the Patriot looking at that spot. Sounds like this will be interesting.

The Underworld is kind of like a beat River. For me, new Rivers go laser straight with forward fade/skip. It takes a bit to beat them into the turnover sweet spot, but the Underworld does that right away. I've been using it for right turns, but also for straight hyzer flips and turnover flex shots in the woods. It will definitely fade for you if you release it properly (i.e. no OAT or anny release). Outside of the River, My main comparison to it would be a longer seasoned Pro Leo with more glide. I like that--it will fit well next to my Rivers for now (i.e. as long as its freezing out and there's snow on the ground), we'll see how long it stays in the bag when normal conditions resume.

I have a baby arm. The Underworld sounds like a wet dream to me.

To those who have thrown it: Is it as nose angle sensitive as the River?

I have a baby arm. The Underworld sounds like a wet dream to me.

To those who have thrown it: Is it as nose angle sensitive as the River?

YES... And by yes I mean like a lot more nose sensitive, for me any way and that's a 171 TP underworld. I don't think I have a problem with OAT either

i really hope the underworld is as good for turnovers as it is being made out to be. I have a super beat GL River that i have been wanting to replace and the underworld sounds like it will fill that spot.
Has anyone had any flight differences between VIP plastic and TP plastic.

The Underworld is kind of like a beat River. For me, new Rivers go laser straight with forward fade/skip. It takes a bit to beat them into the turnover sweet spot, but the Underworld does that right away. I've been using it for right turns, but also for straight hyzer flips and turnover flex shots in the woods. It will definitely fade for you if you release it properly (i.e. no OAT or anny release). Outside of the River, My main comparison to it would be a longer seasoned Pro Leo with more glide. I like that--it will fit well next to my Rivers for now (i.e. as long as its freezing out and there's snow on the ground), we'll see how long it stays in the bag when normal conditions resume.

Thanks for answering my question. Sounds like a heavier TP or lighter Opto would be my sweet spot. Definitely want to get one of these as soon as my local vendor gets a supply.

For me a 171 TP Underworld wasn't as flippy as I thought it would be. I didn't throw it too much today though since it was pretty windy. Definitely need some more testing with it but unfortunately there's about 7 inches of fresh snow now..