• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Tell me about your Underworld...

There's no way this disc is leaving my bag :) This particular VIP Underworld is way more fun to throw than the Underworld proto I had in the fall. It's the perfect speed and level of understability for easily shaping longer left to right curves. Snap the wrist and it will have less bite, but it's easy to allow it to fade at the end. I'm really impressed! Throw flat for the nice lateral motion to the right with predictable fade. Easy to tell how much power will cause it to burn out. I haven't thrown the TP yet, but the VIP is great.

TP for me has been less stable and easier to turn than the VIP. I have to be carefull or it will turn and burn alot easier than the VIP version. I do like the TP for anhyzer shots that I want to knife into an area becouse it doesnt pull out of the anhyzer line at all. My Rivers would start to pull out a little at the end of the flight which on longer anhyzers would cause me to miss my gap.

I have now thrown 3 different westside discs in their tp plastic (thank you tax refund) and ALL of them have been WAY more understable than their flight numbers would indicate. Stag that will turn and burn unless i have a tail wind, northman that is a useful disc but wasn't what i was expecting, and now the underworld and does whatever it wants for no reason. I might keep it in the bag as a utility disc, but i think im going back to my leopard for turn over shots.

at least i know now to always get heavy VIP plastic from westside....

Yeah, I'm forcing myself to spend some more time with the TP before I write it off, but I was really surprised how different it is from the VIP. I thought people were being a bit extreme in their condemnation of it earlier in this thread, but had I thrown the TP before the VIP, I would have been sorely disappointed with the disc myself.

That said, the VIP is perfect for what I wanted it for, so I'm happy. I'm sure I can trade the TP away to someone out there if my opinion on it doesn't change.

Building off the above, has anyone thrown a max weight TP? I'd be curious to hear if it was notably different from the lighter ones. I'm wondering whether it'd be worth trying a heavier TP to pair with the VIPs, or whether to just stick with the VIPs.

I have a 175 TP Underworld and it is very understable, but still throwable. I haven't tried a lighter one to compare.

My TP Underworld is 167 and is not as flippy as what people are describing here. It is very controllable. It just likes clean form and 80% power. Goes dead straight and glides forever with zero fade when hyzer flipped. I am loving mine. Shopping for a backup or two now.

My TP Underworld is 167 and is not as flippy as what people are describing here. It is very controllable. It just likes clean form and 80% power. Goes dead straight and glides forever with zero fade when hyzer flipped. I am loving mine. Shopping for a backup or two now.

^^^ This, i have personally found this to be helpful with a lot of westside/lat64 plastic. All that glide makes up for it:thmbup:

Totally with you on Lat/Westside plastic requiring smooth form and a bit of dialing back the power: I've thrown Rivers and Comets a lot, so that quality is an integral part of my game.

I've spent some more time throwing my 167 Tourney Underworld, and my opinion on it has changed: it's a much more throwable disc than I originally thought. I think what caught me off guard was how much more understable and finicky it is than my 172 VIP. I originally tried mine out after a round of throwing the VIP, and the Tourney did not respond well to being thrown the same. Now that I've learned to compensate, I can see that it is a very nice disc: easiest turnovers I've ever thrown, especially nice for lower-power shots.

I do think that it's a tougher disc to dial in than the VIP, but I'm learning to like it.

Hate this disc.

Bought it hoping it would fly like a worn leopard. 171 tournament plastic, practically unthrowable. Sooooo under stable. Hyzer realease turns to a roller

Hate this disc.

Bought it hoping it would fly like a worn leopard. 171 tournament plastic, practically unthrowable. Sooooo under stable. Hyzer realease turns to a roller

I would implore you to try a VIP in the same weight, or perhaps a little heavier, before you pass judgement. For me, a worn Leopard is a good comparison with the VIP. Feels better in my hand, though.

Yeah it feels awesome. I bought it based nearly entirely for looks. Insane gold pearls. Ill try to get a VIP on the cheap. I'd love to love it.

I would agree. Just bought another VIP. It's a flat out fun disc to throw. Really helps you throw with a smooth release and snap.

You just have to back off the power as with all Lat plastic. Wail on it and it will turn and burn. Back off and it will reward you with that famous glide.

I think those recommending the VIP are spot on.

I bought my TP underworld on release day and it's just crazy understable.

I'm keeping it, but only as a utility disc.

You just have to back off the power as with all Lat plastic. Wail on it and it will turn and burn. Back off and it will reward you with that famous glide.

This exactly. It's a smooth form disc but the reward is there.

Its pretty much the same with all Lat and WS understable plastic. Something about them doesn't like high power throws. No idea why or what, I just know it exists. Sometimes, you have to back down more than you think, too. Just have to tinker with it to see what makes the disc tick.