• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TERRIBLE course pics

^Make sure you check out the baskets for 7 and 8, they are classic.

Rose Park, is the only place to play disc golf in Bozeman Montana proper. It's always busy and the locals love it. It is a flat, open field with a minor hill toward the back that IS used. There is one tree, and it's next to a tee pad, so it does not come into play. Just click the Media button to get the idea.
I laughed when I looked at the pics of the course, but laughed even harder when I saw that someone had favorited the course. I thought that the guy had only ever played that course and that is why he had favorited it, but I looked at his profile and he has played at Maple Hill, and Pyramids, And a few other good ones. So at the end of all this I was like:confused::confused::confused:

^Make sure you check out the baskets for 7 and 8, they are classic.

Rose Park, is the only place to play disc golf in Bozeman Montana proper. It's always busy and the locals love it. It is a flat, open field with a minor hill toward the back that IS used. There is one tree, and it's next to a tee pad, so it does not come into play. Just click the Media button to get the idea.

The view from every tee pad looks the same.:D Very bad "course".

Looking at these photos I cant help but think...RIP THE FREAKING BASKETS OUT OF THE GROUND AND MAKE NICE NEW COURSES. Or better yet, make a course like rutgers better by replacing the old ass mach 1's with these new-ish modern baskets. What a waste of money. Seriously, some clubs have to scrounge money for years to build a new course in their area and buy baskets...and these crap-hole 9 hole courses are just wasting money that could be used to help build nice new courses.

/rant over/

McLean Central Park http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1536 ...flat, short, Mach 1 baskets with loverly mud bog fairways, and tons of mosquitoes to keep you company. Also, the park authority up and removed 2 holes for some project a couple of years ago. Nasty s-hole and not worth the time.

Bull Run Regional Park http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=402 ...flat, flat, flat. Tightly wooded course, but very short. Short, that is, untill some local guys tried to make the course harder by moving some of the baskets and making it a bit more challenging...of course the result is an extremelly confusing mess of nasty tiny tee pads pointing to non-existant holes on this old disc golf signs that use stickers to try and show you were the holes and hazards are. Just a mess of a place. I will say that it does have potential, if the park authority is willing to spend the money to put in new pads and signs.

McLean is not even in the top 10 worst and it is only bad because NOVA people only care about Bluemont and McLean gets neglected.

okay okay not the worst course ever. just the worse ive played. every hole is 200 or less and straight in front of you no trees to speak of. but after looking at what you guys are posting i guess we have it pretty good here in colo.

Opinions in the course description.

not even close.
THIS is the worst course...EVER
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4096#

Looking at this page it makes me ask, does an opinion belong in the course description for any course? The description currently states "A very simple, poorly designed 9 hole course crammed into one city block." Shouldn't words like "poorly designed" be reserved for a review? I would just remove the words myself, but I'd like to get some opinions first.

are you crazy, There are FAR worse. That one is rated over 2.
Go search for North Greenville University, or look at those YMCA photos again.

From the moment I saw this thread, I was waiting for you to mention this course. lol

these courses are turrrruble

barkleys.jpg

Ok, I'll share some of my pics.

Black Hawk State Park, IA
Hole 4 tee with hole 3 post hole to the right of it (original course had "hoops" on this post)
98c06545.jpg

Clarks Grove, MN
In this pic you can see the entire course, in fact a disk golf course, baskets are homemade, let the discs fall through the bottom and will slice up soft plastic...
c6b0969c.jpg

Thompson Lions Park, Thompson, IA
Ok, somebody went through a lot of work to make 9 baskets, and heck, this is the only course I've ever seen that each basket has its own ace plaque!

44bf3257.jpg

McLean is not even in the top 10 worst and it is only bad because NOVA people only care about Bluemont and McLean gets neglected.
I care about McLean but their Lizard Lawyer/Spy vs. Spy Neighborhood Association makes Bluemont seem easy. The course almost became an indoor ice skating rink a few years ago until the Nimby's pounced on it.

Ok, I'll share some of my pics.

Black Hawk State Park, IA
Hole 4 tee with hole 3 post hole to the right of it (original course had "hoops" on this post)
98c06545.jpg

Clarks Grove, MN
In this pic you can see the entire course, in fact a disk golf course, baskets are homemade, let the discs fall through the bottom and will slice up soft plastic...
c6b0969c.jpg

Thompson Lions Park, Thompson, IA
Ok, somebody went through a lot of work to make 9 baskets, and heck, this is the only course I've ever seen that each basket has its own ace plaque!

44bf3257.jpg

now thats roughin it boy!

Latest posts