• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas States 2013

Please GOD no more tourneys here EVER...playing in wind and big distance are definitely a part of Texas DG, but Old Settlers takes this to the extreme.:(

Outlaw's is one of the most fun Tournaments that I played last year.

The temp course they setup is even better than the normal course!

The super long/open/windy course is GREAT for tournament play to get some parity in scores.

Ams are playing Met Center and Roy G. This is the first tournament ever at Roy G!

Pros are Manor only.

Which is a bummer for sure! I played the Manor event to get an idea of how states will be and I decided that I will save my arse from the cacti and take this year off.

Plus my $160 could be used to play 3 rounds of Ball golf on a nice course instead of 3 DG rounds on a nice course with stupid nasty rough.

Which is a bummer for sure! I played the Manor event to get an idea of how states will be and I decided that I will save my arse from the cacti and take this year off.

Plus my $160 could be used to play 3 rounds of Ball golf on a nice course instead of 3 DG rounds on a nice course with stupid nasty rough.

how bad are we talking here matty?

how bad are we talking here matty?

The course would be great if the rough was a little more forgiving.

The tee shots/holes are pretty good for the most part......just don't like Cacti in my arse because of a bad kick off the fairway.

Hole 1,7,8,,and 17 are great par 4's

hole 10 is pretty good....just almost too hard to get on the green

2,3,6,and 13 are great par 3s

Does anyone know where pool b can check in on Friday? It says Roy G on Thursday but doesn't specify a location for Friday.

I wish their page was more organized, so many problems figuring out which pool, where, etc...but maybe this will help?

"All A-tier (AM) players have to be checked in by March 15pm @ 7:00 pm

All NT (PRO) players have to be checked in by March 14 @ 7:00 pm

We will accept check in calls 512 927-6039"

BTW, we played Manor yesterday for League and the course looks great with nice roped off OB at the creeks.

Yup...fortunately, I'll be out there Monday installing new basket tops for y'all. I was afraid it was going to have to be Thursday.:eek:

Anyone know of good hotels near the Am courses? I was going to book a La Quinta or Holiday Inn Express on E. Ben White (near the airport) but heard the area is bad. Any help is appreciated.

Anyone know of good hotels near the Am courses? I was going to book a La Quinta or Holiday Inn Express on E. Ben White (near the airport) but heard the area is bad. Any help is appreciated.

Better take whatever you can get and And quick. The South by Southwest (SXSW) musical festival is in town.

Better take whatever you can get and And quick. The South by Southwest (SXSW) musical festival is in town.

Tell me about it, I got a house rented out from under me because I couldnt get there on Friday to pay my deposit. BS Homeaway crap. Now Im stuck with either expensive hotels or ghetto ones apparently.

Anyway, mostly just checking if the South Airport area is a terrible choice. And if so what is my other options.

Latest posts