• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2014 Memorial Championship

I enjoyed Terry's coverage...even though I haven't finished watching it yet. Will's putt on hole 3 at Vista was unbelievable. It's part of disc golf, I guess.

Where's Marty's vids? I figured he'd have day one up by now.

Marty posted an update that the internet connection at the hotel he was staying at was inadequate and could not handle an HD video upload.

whats the link on that or is it a member ship deal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HhhBjSGGDA

Also buried in the 2014 tourney videos thread in the middle of all the miscellaneous discussion.

To clairfy. The trouble is actually bandwidth to the ingestion point, not to the end user. DGP.tv's issues are 100% venue dependent and can only be fixed with (even more) major capital.

Considering the venues they are trying to broadcast from, renting a satellite truck is probably the most realistic solution. Unfortunately that increases the budget by ~10k per day.

I worked with them the year that they did use satellite. It was expensive, and definitely had latency & connection issues. On top of that, you then have the issue of transmitting camera signal back to the tent where the satellite is located. Cable can only be run so far, and the line-of-site transmission equipment is expensive to own.

Currently, the best way to do it IS the backpacks streaming via internet. You will run into spots on the course, or even entire events that have problems.

Interesting discussion guys, thanks for the info! I'm a film guy in a broadcasting world right now so it's definitely been an interesting education.

I just got word that Philo thought he hit the wall on hole one, but Cale disputed it and they ended up NOT giving it to him. And now Philo is not happy.

No, the spotter called that it didn't hit. There was a good length discussion, and Philo petitioned the group to overturn the call, to no avail. I was at the 2nd tee at the time, but from my vantage the spotter looked to be in position to make the call correctly. That said, I have no dog in the fight, just reporting what I saw.

Just wanted to squash this before it turns into a Philo vs. Cale rumor-fest.

anyone here from the LA area that is going home Sunday and has room for 1 more? need a ride to LAX(flying out monday)

Marty posted an update that the internet connection at the hotel he was staying at was inadequate and could not handle an HD video upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HhhBjSGGDA

Also buried in the 2014 tourney videos thread in the middle of all the miscellaneous discussion.

Round 1 super card is now up! (Not really a case of "not handle" the upload, but "takes forever because of a horrific upload speed"...Round 2 is currently uploading, btw.)

I know the women played FH today. Did they play the same tees as the men?

same tees but tee'd off earlier (and MPM even earlier). there was less wind for the ladies and masters than the later MPO cards. I think one of the ladies told me the wind started picking up in the 2nd half of their round. hopefully the ratings gurus at the PDGA will separate the earlier and later tee times so that ratings will reflect this.

IMO its still a very good round, but Cat's round yesterday was definitely better even though as of now they are rated the same.

Round 1 super card is now up! (Not really a case of "not handle" the upload, but "takes forever because of a horrific upload speed"...Round 2 is currently uploading, btw.)

Kick butt. Currently watching it on the big TV after a long night at work. You're the man. Day 2 and 3 will get the same treatment.

Did you see, did you see
where the cat threw up
cuz the cat threw up again.

Did you see did you see
where the cat threw up
better watch what you're steppin' in.

Some juice for you from my friend who is playing MPM:
"
Really ugly incident on my card. Dude probably should've been ejected.
"

That was from Facebook. Trying to get more details, because I'm sure it matters.

same tees but tee'd off earlier (and MPM even earlier). there was less wind for the ladies and masters than the later MPO cards. I think one of the ladies told me the wind started picking up in the 2nd half of their round. hopefully the ratings gurus at the PDGA will separate the earlier and later tee times so that ratings will reflect this.

If history is any indicator it won't happen - if it was Vegas it would happen because Jeff puts it in the report, but the Memorial TD has said in the past "I don't care about that - it doesn't matter to me" so they NEVER get adjusted at the Memorial - unless Chuck or someone who could do something about it is there to see for themselves. :thmbdown:

Hey Keith. I watched the unofficial numbers change yesterday and we'll be checking the individual division numbers and breaking them out separately if warranted. I'm pretty sure MPO will be done separately and maybe combine the women with them. I didn't see if a similar pattern occurred at Vista with the Ams but we'll likely check to see if the numbers tracked the same way.

obsessions-cat-vomit-sign-english.jpg

Or, since we're in Arizona:
sticker,375x360.png

Some juice for you from my friend who is playing MPM:
"
Really ugly incident on my card. Dude probably should've been ejected.
"

That was from Facebook. Trying to get more details, because I'm sure it matters.

inquiring minds want to know... who was Clue playing with yesterday?

Clue's answer: "Just a bunch of F bombs and courtesy violations between a spotter and a player. Both were out of line."

What a tease.

Latest posts