• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Are the rumors of KOA glow round just rumors? I brought my basket....

No we plan on doing it around 8 or 9. We will have some food to cook, we have 4 or so baskets already. I have some led lights for baskets. We are at site a29, anyone have a crock pot by chance?

BTW I saw Avery and Simon at WKU's disc golf course last night, looked like they were snapping pictures during the golden hour. I had to work or else I would have gone and tried to talk to them, I still get hyped when I see a top pro around BG

Then you saw me there too ;)

If only I had a 6-holer outside my dorm in college...I would have played 18 hours a day.

Then you saw me there too ;)

If only I had a 6-holer outside my dorm in college...I would have played 18 hours a day.

I've never lived on campus, I'm from BG. But I've played the WKU course plenty. If I did live on campus and was new in town, I'd probably play and putt ALOT

I love the energy that the AMs bring to town!

Inadvertent highlight of the day:

Just got a grin from Ragna Bygde as her group walked by at Keireakes: I had just absolutely parked the short basket on 16. :doh: :eek:

Zane Stafford.... absolutely killing Rec. Watch out for this kid... he is moving through the ranks quickly.

I was gonna say. He must be having some great rounds. My friend is at +3 felt pretty good about his rounds

Ya.... he has been playing for about a year. He is 870 rated... so I mean you can't really say that he is bagging. He should jump up to 910 easily this month.

Congrats to the first ace of the tournament, Hole 11 at Hobson
At least one more ace. Hole #16 at Lovers.

Anybody know the final ace tally? Trying to count up my winnings. :D

I hit hole 15 at Hobson during the morning round on Saturday . . . the baskets for 15 & 11 are close to each other . . . NOStheBOSS: did somebody hit hole 11 in the afternoon? . . . or did you think mine was on 11 instead of 15?

Overall, I sucked up the weekend pretty good, but went home happy with my first tournament ace!! Woo-hoo!!

Thanks HB and all the other volunteers, vendors, players, and any body else who made my first trip to BGAMS a wonderful time. I cant wait til next year.......:popcorn:

It definitely was a great tournament this year. The weather was great besides for some wind. I had a blast even tho I had to drop out after the first round (pulled a hami and had an emergency). it just gets better each year

Latest posts