• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

MJ, curious as to how many discs you have in your arsenal? Do you like to collect at all, or just keep what you need to throw/replacements?

I have what is commonly referred to as a **** ton of discs! Certainly not a collector in anyway at all. Normally if I get a disc either I or someone else is planning on throwing them.
I do however have quite a lot of backups on runs of things I like and want to have plenty of them to be able to use and lose if need be and not be worried about it.

i always liked it but this is so true. the feel of X plastic gets better and better as it wears in.

i don't throw any discraft drivers but i love my X buzzzes! just got one in the mail today too

(caught myself in a lie... i do throw a predator)

Me too

nSvBLsC.jpg

MJ how has offseason 2.0 been going for you? Keeping busy? Been enjoying the break or are you ready to get back out there?

MJ how has offseason 2.0 been going for you? Keeping busy? Been enjoying the break or are you ready to get back out there?

It's been going haha. Probably been a good thing for my golf game, as it wasnt ready when all this happened. After taking most the winter off to work and just playing a little for fun, it was starting to show, but it was q needed break to remember how to have fun golfing again. Really started to play very well again over the last month or so, so I'm definitely ready to get back out playing again. Will be looking forward to some woods golf to end the season

Well I will overcast, haha over post in this thread.. I was perving, haha again perusing my local online shop. Good news, sort of... 0 comet's in stock... None! Someone went nuts out here, there was 20 last time I looked all that's left is 1 x glow..

.... And you are thinking, "How is this GOOD news?!". Well he's been heavily overlooked, haha x 3, over stocked for last couple years... this means a complete new wave of Comet's presumably on order. I should contact him ahead of time... or just check every couple days. Of course there's two in the mail I'm REALLY excited for, I gotta cool my wallet down, those are the ones I want.

Last edited:
I just made my 2 and 4 year old watch an in-the-bag. Was about to switch off Youtube, to find something to watch for dinner & a movie night, but "oh, snaps! MJ in-the-bag! Sorry kids we're watching this first."

I purchased my first ESP MJ tour series comet 2 weeks ago and today I hit an ace with it! It was roughly 200 ft through a tightly wooded narrow fairway with a touchy FH. I've had 18 hole in ones and that was one of my favorites as I felt like I guided the disc straight into the chains. Thank you MJ!

MJ -- Know it's a weird year with Covid . . . and not even sure yet if they'll allow spectators at events . . . but do you plan on having and selling some of your tour series discs with you while touring? And while I'm asking -- did you happen to get anything cool stamped on them like last year with the OG stamp?

MJ -- Know it's a weird year with Covid . . . and not even sure yet if they'll allow spectators at events . . . but do you plan on having and selling some of your tour series discs with you while touring? And while I'm asking -- did you happen to get anything cool stamped on them like last year with the OG stamp?

I havent done anything about selling discs at events this year, not sure how much I will even be playing this season

I havent done anything about selling discs at events this year, not sure how much I will even be playing this season

Well, I hope you make it to Idlewild and I hope they allow some spectators. It wouldn't quite be summer without following a round at Idlewild Open . . . here was last year's diary entry . . .

Day 1060

Excerpt:
"There were a couple aces on Friday -- Keith Emerson on Hole 3 and James Conrad on Hole 9 . . . but we saw something even rarer . . . we are a couple of only a handful of people to have ever seen something so strange and unusual . . . pity there weren't more people around to witness this crazy event. What was it, you ask? We saw Michael Johansen throw a forehand tee shot on wide open Hole 4. I know, I know. You don't believe me, but it happened."