• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Do you think you would ever put up a tutorial on how you putt? Or perhaps a detailed description? Such as a how-to?

Notroman ?

Hey , sorry but I got the flu and missed a week on the BEST THREAD ON DGCR and just wondering who Notroman is ?

Seems to be a bunch of poaching and preening and I can't figure out who he is ?

Just wondering....

Do you think you would ever put up a tutorial on how you putt? Or perhaps a detailed description? Such as a how-to?

i've never thought about doing a video for putting or describing my putt, but i guess i could. My question to you is how much info are you looking for. Things like my stance, aiming, grip stuff like that?

i've never thought about doing a video for putting or describing my putt, but i guess i could. My question to you is how much info are you looking for. Things like my stance, aiming, grip stuff like that?

I would like to see something along the lines of...
feet position and direction they point relative to basket
shoulder position relative to baset
grip on putter
aiming - thought process for this
explanation of putt movement from resting position to release and follow-thru

...but thats just me :D

I would like to see something along the lines of...
feet position and direction they point relative to basket
shoulder position relative to baset
grip on putter
aiming - thought process for this
explanation of putt movement from resting position to release and follow-thru

...but thats just me :D

i'll try

that would be pretty sweet

curious if some angles could be taken from your sight line perspective..i.e. a GoPro on your forehead

you could look down and up so we could see foot/hip position etc

I think a lot of players would be interested in seeing your putting technique and thought processes. Also, how about how to throw a ... Comet?

the biggest thing is to get your footwork down and get your lower and upper body in sync so that you can tranfer your power from your legs all the way to the small twitch muscles in your hands

Thank you MJ... I really havent thought about my foot work.
i just found ou thow to get a really good snap.
Now foot work should be next... maybe take a video???

PS...
I like watching vidz in which you are in... im a fan!!!

MJ, I noticed you carry 4 Bangers in your bag in 3 different plastics. What shots do you use them for? I really like the mold and am considering using them for upshots and drives.

MJ, I noticed you carry 4 Bangers in your bag in 3 different plastics. What shots do you use them for? I really like the mold and am considering using them for upshots and drives.

bangers are my driving and up shot putters. Between then all i use them for alot of shots. Most everything under like 275 is a banger of some sort for me. I carry a Z Banger for hyszer and more headwind style shots, that i need to be pretty stable, or if i just dont care if it hits something cause it can take a beating. I have 2 ESP bangers that i use for mostly straight more power turnovers, but they do short hyzers quite well also. Then i usually carry a beat up D Banger for touch shots and rollers and trick shots with putters. The D and ESP are all used for variations on hyzer flips dependin on the situation. I love them cause i dont have to think about where to put my thumb on the rim, it just goes in the grove top and fits

bangers are my driving and up shot putters. Between then all i use them for alot of shots. Most everything under like 275 is a banger of some sort for me. I carry a Z Banger for hyszer and more headwind style shots, that i need to be pretty stable, or if i just dont care if it hits something cause it can take a beating. I have 2 ESP bangers that i use for mostly straight more power turnovers, but they do short hyzers quite well also. Then i usually carry a beat up D Banger for touch shots and rollers and trick shots with putters. The D and ESP are all used for variations on hyzer flips dependin on the situation. I love them cause i dont have to think about where to put my thumb on the rim, it just goes in the grove top and fits

Thanks for the info MJ, I really appreciate it! It looks like I'll be investing in some bangers pretty soon!