• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Gonna' be adding any more of those Stoney Hill pictures to your décor anytime soon?

Are you ever going to play in Wisconsin? If so I would recommend standing rocks, manitowalk in the park, northwoods, or madcityopen. Come play in the woods!

Mj- Do you think GLO z plastic is more stable than regular z plastic? For example you buy 2 brand new nukes. Identical scale weight wouldn't the glo be more stable? Even if by just a hair?

Mj- Do you think GLO z plastic is more stable than regular z plastic? For example you buy 2 brand new nukes. Identical scale weight wouldn't the glo be more stable? Even if by just a hair?

It all depends upon the mold. Nukes the glo has a tendency to be less stable. The glo comets have been a bit more stable. Each plastic is a bit different in each mold

I keep reading that in the beginning you shouldn't throw with fast discs because you won't learn control and won't get as much distance in the end. The control part I understand but I'm confused about how it affects distance. Of course I made the typical mistake and got the fastest disc I could in the beginning. I've been playing for 1,5 years and my max distance varies from 300 to 380 feet (pretty inconsistent). Should I start from scratch and throw only slow discs to get more distance in the long run?

I keep reading that in the beginning you shouldn't throw with fast discs because you won't learn control and won't get as much distance in the end. The control part I understand but I'm confused about how it affects distance. Of course I made the typical mistake and got the fastest disc I could in the beginning. I've been playing for 1,5 years and my max distance varies from 300 to 380 feet (pretty inconsistent). Should I start from scratch and throw only slow discs to get more distance in the long run?

Its easier to learn the control and proper technique on the slower speed discs. You can still go up to speeds like the wraith and surge, but going to the extreme high speed they all end up doing the same thing until you learn how to input the proper amount of spin on them needed to make them fly correctly