• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

ESP Comets are sick. Bagged a red 178g that has a nice mellow finish a the end. I am currently throwing only Discraft mids.

I am scared to pick an Esp Comet up. I love my mid setup right now... but I know I will really love the Comet

I am scared to pick an Esp Comet up. I love my mid setup right now... but I know I will really love the Comet

Just give it a try and see what it does for you. If you like it, sweet, if not, there are tons of mid options out there

Hello MJ, Fairly new to the forum. Have you tried the Crank yet. I like it but haven't had it in much wind yet. Also the new Ace race disc from discraft sounds tbird or eagle type fairway driver. Any experience with these? I really love Discraft not just cause I am from Michigan but I really feel I can play better with the D.

I have just started playing with the crank in the last few days. I really like it and how it flies. I dont think it will be a great headwind disc, but i have not played in much wind with it yet. I will let everyone know what it does after i play with some wind :thmbup:

MJ
Why do you prefer spin putting to push or pitch putting? I always hear that spin putting is more inconsistent than all other putting styles but spin putting feels more natural to me. If you could turn back time to when you first started disc golf & relearn putting would you still spin putt?

MJ
Why do you prefer spin putting to push or pitch putting? I always hear that spin putting is more inconsistent than all other putting styles but spin putting feels more natural to me. If you could turn back time to when you first started disc golf & relearn putting would you still spin putt?

I am a spin putter thru and thru. People can tell you all you want that push putting is more consistent, but it really comes down to what feels comfy to you. I couldnt make myself push putt, i am horrible at it and it feels awkward as hell to me. Spin putting and keeping my putter on line with the basket, and keeping it line drive style is what feels natural to me. With spin putting it is a better idea to go with a putter that is more stable and doesnt have a lot of glide. I.E ringer or rhyno type putter

We've had a thread going about how Winthrop Gold #3 is played.
How did you play #3?
Anny, straight or hyzer?
If you want to look at the thread and comment over there, here is the link:
#3 USDGC

been a minute so yeah.. hows things Mj? i know you were testing with the Crank last time you were on.. what ya think? Also if no plans for the weekend of 11-16 there is a lil c-tier at Sertoma in Walhalla, SC .. would be great to see ya there :) :)

been a minute so yeah.. hows things Mj? i know you were testing with the Crank last time you were on.. what ya think? Also if no plans for the weekend of 11-16 there is a lil c-tier at Sertoma in Walhalla, SC .. would be great to see ya there :) :)

I really like the crank. Its absolutely a fantastic disc. Not a great headwind driver if you have high arm speed. But it flies forever and has great glide. By far the easiest of the high speed drivers to control and get good use out of

^^ nice to hear.. seeing some of your other thoughts about it on Facebook it almost sounds like a faster esp surge type flight.. nice control, killer glide.. i dont have near the arm speed for it but may look at one down the road

MJ,

When you spin putt, do you prefer a hard plastic putter or a more grippy, softer plastic putter? I use medium wizards usually, but on a day with no wind I feel much more confident with an SSS. Especially from 30 ft and out. I also spin putt

MJ,

When you spin putt, do you prefer a hard plastic putter or a more grippy, softer plastic putter? I use medium wizards usually, but on a day with no wind I feel much more confident with an SSS. Especially from 30 ft and out. I also spin putt

Its easier for me with a softer plastic. But now i putt with ringers , and they are a bit harder than i would like, but i find the softest ones i can

Latest posts