• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Backpack Shoot Out...

And the winner is...........

• Gateway - Ozark

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Gorilla Boy - Simian

Votes: 39 12.8%
  • Grip EQ - Tour Bag

Votes: 107 35.1%
  • HyzerBomb - Flak

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Mystery Ranch - Golf Mahal

Votes: 44 14.4%
  • Physical Flight - Challenger Pak

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • Prodiscus - Jet Pack

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Revolution - Dual Pack

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 20 6.6%
  • D.I.Y.

Votes: 33 10.8%

• Total voters
I am going to order a Prodiscus bag off journeypost and was just wondering if anybody knows when they are scheduled to be made. It says they are pre-order. just curious if im waiting 3 months of 3 weeks?

Who wants to talk about first world problems with me? Two things are aggravating my disc golf buying addiction A LOT right now. Backpack companies:

1) understocking their lines because they don't have enough faith in their products to sell (or maybe the next bulk order number is so high they simply couldn't sell them all and therefore won't order that many?), and 2) teasing us with super early pre-orders/pre-sales/pre-announcements of bags without the details we crave and need (probably because they're afraid, rightly so, that those of us in the market will choose whichever acceptable model becomes available first).

Or maybe I'm redirecting my withdrawal from disc golf due to the frigid winter in Michigan onto choosing a disc golf backpack... But I think it's that dg backpack companies in general could do a better job. Yay or nay?

Pssssst.... Grip EQ Large Tour Bags back in stock. :hfive:

Just re-reading this thread and trying to justify dropping $200 on a disc golf bag. Decisions, decisions...

I wish they would release more choices. Bring back the digi camo and bring it back in different colors.

Who wants to talk about first world problems with me? Two things are aggravating my disc golf buying addiction A LOT right now. Backpack companies:

1) understocking their lines because they don't have enough faith in their products to sell (or maybe the next bulk order number is so high they simply couldn't sell them all and therefore won't order that many?), and 2) teasing us with super early pre-orders/pre-sales/pre-announcements of bags without the details we crave and need (probably because they're afraid, rightly so, that those of us in the market will choose whichever acceptable model becomes available first).

Or maybe I'm redirecting my withdrawal from disc golf due to the frigid winter in Michigan onto choosing a disc golf backpack... But I think it's that dg backpack companies in general could do a better job. Yay or nay?

I agree with this. It's frustrating being in the market for a backpack bag :\
I mean sure I could buy a black grip instead of waiting a year for the next run of colored ones or I could pre order a bag in my choice of colors from hyzerbomb or prodiscus and patiently wait for it to be made.

But damnit this is America, land of instant gratification.

Just heard Hyzerbomb isn't making any bags this year. They can't get quality or the quantity they want locally. There recent deal fell through they were working on and are now focusing on trying to make discs instead. Sucks for the guys with the 10% off on there next bag from the failure of the 3rd run Flak :/

Just heard Hyzerbomb isn't making any bags this year. They can't get quality or the quantity they want locally. There recent deal fell through they were working on and are now focusing on trying to make discs instead. Sucks for the guys with the 10% off on there next bag from the failure of the 3rd run Flak :/

Untrue.
We will have a firm release date on Monday or Tuesday for this release. Excited about the upgrades coming!
Stay tuned!

Untrue.
We will have a firm release date on Monday or Tuesday for this release. Excited about the upgrades coming!
Stay tuned!

God, I hope this is true. I had one pre-ordered since August, and haven't heard anything back from you guys on my last handful of emails. I was starting to lose faith.

What a joke.

God, I hope this is true. I had one pre-ordered since August, and haven't heard anything back from you guys on my last handful of emails. I was starting to lose faith.

I wouldn't hold your breath, it's been over 6 months since the last failure. Mark my words that the flak won't be out within the next 2 months if ever. Voodoo will blow it out the water. Why would anyone buy a product with the issues of the last run.

I wouldn't hold your breath, it's been over 6 months since the last failure. Mark my words that the flak won't be out within the next 2 months if ever. Voodoo will blow it out the water. Why would anyone buy a product with the issues of the last run.

Everyone who thinks HB will be coming out with an updated and better bag don't be fooled. I have first hand knowledge that they have not even started producing or have not changed manufacturers since their recent deal fell through. If they do come out with a bag it is a thrown together effort to save face to everyone and will not be the quality of any of their competitors.

This is gonna sound rude, but I don't know any other way to do it, so here goes: With your vehement defense of other companies' bags, why should we take your word over Hyzer Bomb's?

This is gonna sound rude, but I don't know any other way to do it, so here goes: With your vehement defense of other companies' bags, why should we take your word over Hyzer Bomb's?

You could say "With all due respect....". I'm pretty sure that means you can say anything after that and they aren't allowed to be offended.

I am curious to see a retort, though.

You could say "With all due respect....". I'm pretty sure that means you can say anything after that and they aren't allowed to be offended.

I am curious to see a retort, though.

Right out of the Ricky Bobby playbook! "I said it with all due respect!"

Voodoo posted on FB that pics should be showing up this week on the Spinal Tap. Demand is at a fever pitch for those. Also Physical Flight will be showing off their new bag next week as well. Can't speak to the design because I haven't seen it, but it's supposedly right between the Grip and Prodiscus in capacity and it will be the cheapest full sized backpack bag offered. Upper Park has also confided that a larger tournament sized backpack is in the works, but no timeline unfortunately.

2013 will be an interesting year, for sure.