• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The bag of Ian .. 2016 Edition

^^ bingo! I know its all in my head.. when im on the practice basket its all natural just put disc in basket but lately on the course i have been overthinking .. like put foot here, hand here, reach out, etc. instead of just focusing and visualizing my line and boom .. its crazy the weekend before last i had one of my best putting weekends.. hit soooo many big ones and then last weekend my teeshots were giving me looks and i just couldnt hit a thing lol

How come the Phenom never made it into your lineup? Also, first time checking this thread, gotta admit rather surprised to see that much US stuff (Nemesis, Bandits, Mongoose, even Patriots are getting there probably in part?). That said, I have a Nemmy and a Goose in mine too, had a Bandit before it found water and was not seen again.

^^ Phenom is the one mold i have yet to try by Legacy.. just havent found a light one when i had the funds to splurge but i really want to try one. But yes i do carry lots of understable stuff.. with my arm speed and playing almost ALL wooded courses i find i can manipulate the stable-understable plastic to cover my lines easier...flip to flat, hyzerflip turnovers, etc..The Legend Bandit is my workhrose and at my arm speed i wouldnt call it flippy.. more of an s type flight for me for me if thrown flat but i can get it to hold the hyzer angle if needed.. the icon now is flippy lol.. Mongoose is more of an understable utility disc. Been diging the Legend Nemmy too.. the Icon was almost roller flippy but the Legend can carve some nice lines for me. I carried PD's, Thunderbirds, etc. for a bit but were all so close to my Rivals i just didnt throw them .. I have tinkered with possible adding in an Orc like disc for longer Rival shots and for forehands between my Outlaw-Firebird but just havent got around to it yet.. as much as it feels like i have a hole there i havent really seen it yet in my play.. the Rivals can be sneaky long

Last edited:
Had one of my best driving rounds in ages last night! Been trying something a bit different lately .. almost like the bent arm technique .. and have noticed more distance, snap, and confidence in general.. of course its only a couple rounds and have to continue to work on it but wow it felt good lol .. oh another note my putting was awful unless i was outside the circle haha :doh: .. but hell im having fun and thats all that matters :)

^^ lol it never fails .. when im playing my old man layup par type golf i make all my putts.. but when i get aggresive and actually give myself biridie looks i just havent been knocking them down .. lately anyway lol .. killing it at home on the basket just have to get that same mindset on the course again.. putting was/is the strongest part of my game just a bit off atm .. but hell it happens to everyone.. I may have been putting too much at home.. if there is such a thing

boy oh boy did i need yesterday lol .. played solid rounds all day! Played like dog poo over the weekend at a local tournament.. actually my teeshots were above average for most of the day but my putting .. yeah my putting lol .. Putting has always been the strength of my game but the last 1-2 months it just hasnt been the same. Im thinking i may be putting too much at home? Is that even possible? I know a lot of it is mental .. i seem to be thinking about what im doing instead of just putting. Very odd feeling and i dont like it haha.. In the past if it was in the circle i was confident it was going in or worse case hitting the basket,top,chains etc. but i have had some lately that just whiff all together.. turned some 2's into 4's and once even a 5 :( ... But yeah other than that been loving my Legend Nemesis.. with a bit of hyzer it goes for days! In general i have noticed some added distance at my home course.. not much but a good 20-30 ft.. turning what is normally a jump putt birdie look is now well inside the circle.. but yeah feeling good and i know the issues i have had are all easily correctable with just a nice deep breath and some focus :)

Last edited:
man..it feels like a weight was lifted off my chest yesterday.. putting felt natural and very "ian" like i was making everything! .. super stoked about it and cant wait to get home to toss on the basket!

Had a stellar round last night out at league.. and boy did i need it after sunday lol .. Teeshots were well above average and had birdie looks all over.. did miss a couple of them though that i should have had.. 20-25ft .. Still have some work to get my putting back to where it was.. or actually not "work" just have to focus and stop thinking so much but i did make some really nice 30-40ft putts so it was just one of those nights but man it felt good and we walked away with some cash! :)

Congrats on the solid round. I struggled with putting the last couple rounds I played, too. Putting slumps happen! It is all mental - just have to get that confidence back and trust your muscle memory.

^^ yes sirr!! putting has been the strength of my game for years so just feels so odd to have it off but it WILL be back i have no doubt! But been having more and more fun out there and thats all that matters! We ALL have bad shots it all about how you rebound from them :)

So.. i got to the course early saturday morning and realized i left my putting putters at home in the practice basket :doh: .. so i went to the trunk and pulled out my winter putters.. same mold but if a different blend of protege (tiny bit softer) and boom it was like never ever changed lol .. felt so natural and was banging them in all over.. To be honest the only reason i took them out is because i thought the stiffer plastic would be better in the summer months and wanted to get them in ahead of time but needless to say my cream dream clozers are back in the bag for good lol .. I would say i played solid B+ golf this weekend lol :)

Nothing new for me.. had some solid rounds as of late but still a bit off with my putting stroke but it will come.. its been the strongest part of my game for years so its there just have to stop forcing things and "put disc in basket". Broke another old protege clozer so replacing that one with a new legend clozer which should be able to take the pounding of being an upshot disc better than the ol protege. Hmm nothing new mold wise still chucking Rivals and Bandits for the majority of all my teeshots and loving it! Also been working on my forehand. Have always LOVED tossing short forehands (200ft and in) but have been focusing more and more on throwing them from the tee and have had good results with both my Rivals and Outlaws. Still need more time but seeing some nice signs! But yeah been working on a few things here and there but all n all things feel great! Just have to remember not to worry about keeping up with the big arms.. just hit my fairways and make my putts.. Long Live Old Man Golf!!

Distance

168 FR Icon Outlaw - she is seasoning in nicely.. windy day, max distance bh, fh, etc.
173 Legend Nemesis - open max distance..needs some room to work left to right but can cover some serious ground
168 Legend Bandit - my workhorse and a line shaping machine .. anything from hyzers to anhyzers
165 FR Icon Bandit - flippy but oh so fun .. hyzerflips, turnovers, rollers, etc.

Control

168 Pinnacle Patriot - workhorse.. this disc can honestly do it all for me
168 Pinnacle Rival (flat, stiff, seasoned) - love this disc! nice and straight w/ gentle fade
168 Pinnacle Rival (domey,pearly) - fits perfectly between my other two rivals.. super dependable!
172 Gunmetal Legend Rival (domey) - the beef.. big hyzers, windy days, control forehand, etc.

Mids

174 Protege Ghost - this is the Ghost i have dreamed about.. thanks Legacy!! Great dependable mid
175 Excel Ghost (getting beat) - nice flippy woods golf disc
175 FR Icon Gauge - stellar mold! point and shoot disc that can do a bit of everything!

Putters

175 Protege Clozer (old stiff white) my baby..
175 Protege Clozer (old stiff white) - putting putter twin.. practice or if i need a touch more beef
175 Legend Clozer - testing as my new upshot Clozer.. so far she is beefy and i love it!
175 Legend Clutch - main driving putter.. possibly the best driving putter ive thrown.. perfect mold/plastic combo

Utility

169 ESP Zone(concave, beat) - majority of my upshots, some drives, bh,fh,oh, rollers, would be lost without this mold!
168 Champ Firebird (super beat, flat) - forehands, fh rollers, windy days, all around utility
167 Glo Firebird (fresh, super flat) - stupid overstable and i love it!!

Bag : Fossa Tana Pro
Molds : 11
Discs : 18 (never carry this many lots come in and out depending)

Are you going to drop your FB's for Enemies or Fighters? I've been throwing the same ones for so long I don't think I'll switch until I break/lose one, as much as I would like to try some new Legacy.

Yeah its going to be very,very tough to replace my FB's. I have had the same seasoned champ in my bag for 5 years or so now lol .. i dont know what i would do without it lol .. I will for sure scoop up a few to play with but its hard to say. I think they are going to be a bit faster than the FB and one of the reasons i love firechickens so much is because of the small rim size. So yeah i would say rim size feel in the hand will be the selling point for me.. im sure they will be plenty stable to do firebird lines just unsure of the feel

Yeah its going to be very,very tough to replace my FB's. I have had the same seasoned champ in my bag for 5 years or so now lol .. i dont know what i would do without it lol .. I will for sure scoop up a few to play with but its hard to say. I think they are going to be a bit faster than the FB and one of the reasons i love firechickens so much is because of the small rim size. So yeah i would say rim size feel in the hand will be the selling point for me.. im sure they will be plenty stable to do firebird lines just unsure of the feel

I would be happy to give any seasoned FBs a good home :):)

Also open to trades.

For fun this weekend going to try a more minimalist bag. For years i threw a very minimalist innova setup and when i switched to Legacy i slowly got more and more molds in the bag as i figured out what i wanted to use. Currently i carry 10-12 molds and that just feels like a lot.. for me anway :\ .. This setup trims my molds basically in half and i still dont feel like i have any glaring holes. I have taken a few of the more understable molds out and want to focus on working my Outlaw/Rivals/Ghosts to cover more lines. Will be much different than what i have been tossing this season but hell its summer so gonna have some fun with it! But i trust all of these molds to handle anything the course throws our way!

168 FR Icon Outlaw (seasoned) : stable-overstable max distance.. bh or fh.. anhyzers, big hyzers, forehand, etc.
168 FR Pinnacle Outlaw (fresh) : overstable max distance... big flex shots, windy days.. the beef!
173 Legend Nemesis : stable to understable max d.. "s" shots, hyzerflips, etc. sneaky long
168 FR Icon Nemesis : understable!.. hyzerflip turnovers, rollers, trick shots, etc.

165 Pinnacle Rival : stable to understable..super straight! wanting to trim molds and this can cover my Patriot lines
168 Pinnacle Rival (flat, stiff, seasoned) : stable workhorse.. the ideal fairway!
168 Pinnacle Rival (domey,pearly) : stable to overstable..fits perfectly between my other two rivals.. super dependable!
172 Gunmetal Legend Rival (domey) - the beef.. big hyzers, windy days, control forehand, etc.

175 Protege Ghost (seasoning) : my stable do it all Ghost.. workhorse!
175 Protege Ghost (fresh) : stable to overstable.. flex shots, hyzers.. working in for a protege cycle
175 Excel Ghost (beat) : understable mid.. hzyerflips, turnovers, stand stills, etc.
175 Legend Ghost : overstable duties.. not thrown much but solid dependable fade.. windy days, forehands, etc.

175 Protege Clozer (old stiff white) : my baby..
175 Protege Clozer (old stiff white) : putting putter twin.. practice or if i need a touch more beef
175 Protege Clozer (seasoned : upshots, extra practice putter, etc.
175 Legend Clozer : driving clozer.. great feel and nice and beefy!

168 Champ Firebird (super beat, flat) : forehands, fh rollers, windy days, all around utility
167 Glo Firebird (fresh, super flat) : stupid overstable and i love it!!

Molds : 6
Discs : 18

Latest posts