• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Cubic Zirconia Club

In 2009, Dave called my first home course, Volunteer Park in Romeoville, IL, a "Dud". Well hey buddy, that was accurate in 2009, and it's accurate now! Have an upvote.

Got bored at work tonight and created us a logo. Love it? Hate it? Think you can do better? Tell me. Not like this has to be official or anything, except I'm totally adding whatever our final design is into my pfp.

I added gold and silver elements to honor both classes of CZ member, the diamond as a reminder of where we all hope to be, and the branches because we all have hit a lot of branches to get here.

The lettering at the bottom is take it or leave it for me.

Take THAT diamond guys, you don't have a cool logo.

View attachment 328941 View attachment 328940
I LOVE this!

Also I agree about the lettering at the bottom. Kind of like it, but could take it or leave it.

Threw him an upvote and a unique (in case I hadn't given him one before) for his Winthrop Gold Review. Long time ago and things have changed, but well written and informative for the time it was done.

Turns out I had given @Dave242's Bluemont Park an upvote long ago, but I was happy to add another vote to his Joralemon review (old, but still lots of valid insights based on my very recent experience there).

Now seeing as I don't belong here I'll see myself out. :)
Diamonds are welcome, they just don't get to have opinions. They should stick to trying to catch TVK 😜😜
And seriously, if you ever think of producing it to be put on equipment (like a sticker on a cart), I would add "dgcoursereview.com" for context.
Ooh yeah that would be smart to add. Honestly, once I get hired at a fire department and (hopefully) have 4 days off a week (48/96 shift), I could absolutely see some stickers as a project I'd do one day.
(although I have yet to figure out what all is involved in this great honor :geek:).
Basically, you have 1,000 upvotes but don't meet the other requirements. "Honor" may be a stretch, but we all know it takes a decent amount of work. I really only started this thread cause we kept invading the Diamond threads with our own conversation. Thought the idea of a club was funny and here we are.

My course bagging ways may well start again.....if/when my forearm injury heals.

I hope you heal up and are able to play again, if you wish.

Your reviews were very helpful to me when I first started traveling to play courses, so thanks for that! It helps that I am a big fan of Appalachian beauty. 😁

I'm pumped up and want to join you're club. Making a resolution to write more reviews and get that 1000 vote score. Hopefully, I'll never get the 250 unique voters.
Now that's the dedication we like to see in here!

If I'm reading this right, I should be getting pretty close to joining this group? I'm like 40 votes shy of a thousand. I'm not far from the uniques, but since a lot of my early reviews were thumbed down by a group of one time only users who trashed my reviews, I'll probably never see diamond.

If I'm reading this right, I should be getting pretty close to joining this group? I'm like 40 votes shy of a thousand. I'm not far from the uniques, but since a lot of my early reviews were thumbed down by a group of one time only users who trashed my reviews, I'll probably never see diamond.
No way people gang up and downvote reviews. That is fake news.

See my Harmon Hills 4 star review. I understand people are cliquish and don't like honesty, but Harmon Hills isn't even in my personal top 10. The signage was either outdated or missing. The tee pads were in all different levels of quality. There was also a lot of weird Pagan crap on the land. It's really well designed, but lacks all the amenities. Maybe all of that has changed, but it didn't feel like a top 25 course when I played it.

Last edited:
221 unique voters is closer than a lot of people in the club. Your current vote score is 774 and you're averaging around 11.6 positive votes for your reviews in 2023 if my thumbs didn't get fat on my calculator. Another 20 or so reviews (assuming little to no negative votes which hasn't been an issue for you more recently) will take care of the vote score. So you're likely just going to end up waiting on uniques like the rest of us.

No way people gang up and downvote reviews. That is fake news.

See my Harmon Hills 4 star review. I understand people are cliquish and don't like honesty, but Harmon Hills isn't even in my personal top 10. The signage was either outdated or missing. The tee pads were in all different levels of quality. There was also a lot of weird Pagan crap on the land. It's really well designed, but lacks all the amenities. Maybe all of that has changed, but it didn't feel like a top 25 course when I played it.
Lol at people downvoting a 4 star rating because it's not high enough. You're basically saying it's an excellent course with that score. I'm assuming here, but expect almost all of the downvotes were based on score. I'd have to see it, but I think weird pagan crap would be a positive for me.

About 1/3 of my negatives are from a single user who was only active for 3 days.

I think most of that stuff is in the past though. Most of the people left here are very supportive of the other reviewers.

I'm pumped up and want to join you're club. Making a resolution to write more reviews and get that 1000 vote score. Hopefully, I'll never get the 250 unique voters.
Game frickin' on! To get into the CZ Club you only have to have 1,000 votes, not vote score. My hope as the CZ Club manager (maybe I don't speak for all CZs) is that we all end up in Diamond together one day...

...but you do you, boo.
If I'm reading this right, I should be getting pretty close to joining this group?
Correct. I'll keep tabs but you're currently 38 thumbs up away from CZ!
I think the people who DO actually take the time to vote on reviews are a very respectful group. It's a much smaller group for sure, but quality over quantity is for the better.
For the better except for if you hope to get 250 uniques.

I was never cool enough to be the CZ club. 🙁
I didn't know it at the time, but...

I already had the all the uniques needed before hitting 1000 helpfuls. So when #1000 came along, I went straight to ...💎

Never had a chance to join the CZ club.

*sigh*

Hey Everybody - let's show Dave the power of Club Zirconia: everybody find one of his reviews to update!

Turns out among the 7 courses we've played in common, he's reviewed Joralemon Park, which I just played and reviewed last month.

Whether or not he has time to return the favor, let's show him our cool Club Zirconia hospitality!
Since I'm probably not one of his Uniques, I just changed that.
I didn't feel Morristown Kiwanis was a 4.0 when I played it a couple of years ago, but it probably was back in 2009.

Good Luck!!

. . . I'll keep tabs but you're currently 38 thumbs up away from CZ!

Looks like I need 49 votes to be eligible for this exclusive club.

And after that, only 121 uniques from diamond. ;)