• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice sons of anarchy disc SaralaAnne. Nice to see you joining the dye forums. Keep up the great work I'd love to see more.

I've done a handful of dyes, but this is the first one I've thought worthy of posting:

IMAG0288_zpsefbacfd4.jpg

Just got into SOA, can't get enough of it, been contemplating what disc to dye this logo on, and then it pops up on the thread. Great work SaralaAnne, keep posting!

Bennet, Steal Your Chains was so cool, I had to copy it. Not sure if I'm going to keep it or sell it it.

I had lost the disc I did this on, but someone found it. They texted me a pic of the disc. I asked who & where, but no response....grrrrrrr :mad:

Not sure where the lions logo came from. He found all the images for me. He's hanging them all on the wall. So he wanted them to be a little bit unique.

A group of dyes for a DGR member.
n5p2t.jpg

Sweet set of dyes Eky8, really shows off what the custom dyer can offer! That Lions logo looks like the grey was done with a gradient maker and some hand painting on the tail, or am I mistaken? Nice job on all of 'em however you did it :thmbup:

Nah Dan. Did it the old fashioned way. Cut into sections then peeled and dipped in short dips to get a gradual color change.

Tried Moon's sawblade today as some side entertainment while watching the Chiefs(who failed miserably at being entertaining). Turned out quite a bit harder than I thought it would be, Moon you're an ace at the technical stuff!

sawbladecompsDSC_1689.jpg

(I was able to use the side view to hide the two major bleeds :gross:)

Well I did my first Champion low plastic discs. I would have to say it doesn't dye as well as non-glow.

I have one disc that sat in the dye for about 20 minutes and never completely took the dye. It is possible the dye was exhausted so I will dip it one more time when I do my last few discs with fresh dye.

Here are the ones I finished so far...

This is the trophy for the Hawk Hollow Pro Open hot pepper eating champ. The event organizer grows some of the hottest peppers there are and gets crazy people to volunteer to eat them.

HHPepper1.jpg

There's utube videos of the 2010 contest but I couldn't get the utube link to work.

The Hawk Hollow Advanced Women's trophy

HHOwomen1.jpg

Advanced Masters

HHOmasters1.jpg

One problem that I have never experienced is the vinyl took some of the color off the hot stamp. The foil is still there but it looks kinda messed up. I'm going to have to figure out a way to fix this on the rest of the discs.

It sucks that the hot stamps were damaged because I did such a good job on the dyes. Very clean cuts, only a few tiny spots where the dye bled.

Status
Not open for further replies.