• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun with Glue

First, big thanks to Eky8 for the info about how he did that background with glue :hfive:. Doing new methods is the most exciting part of dyeing discs, so I am always glad when people are willing to share.

Instantly a ton of ideas came to mind on ways to use Elmers, so here are my first 2 attempts at having fun with glue.

First is an XG Valykrie. Drizzled a bunch of glue on, let it dry for roughly 2.5 hours, then painted on red, crimson, blue, and violet.

Second is a 160 g star roadrunner I just found at Kaposia and didn't care about. The black design was one I thought of doing long ago but never did - I probably should have taken the time to do that as a dip dye rather than painting the lines (because they are terrible), but oh well. Other than playing with glue with the color, I was trying to get a smooth transition from orange to dark red. I did it by putting the disc on the spinner with a cirlce of orange surrounded by red, and then crimson, then spun it really fast until the disc was covered. I like the result.

Attachments

• glue2.jpg
    glue2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 110
  • glue4.jpg
    glue4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 105
  • glue5.jpg
    glue5.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 129
Legacy Pinnacle Ghost:

nIFyQIvl.jpg

gtMGGinl.jpg

Geezus keerist I want this one.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to put some of my work up here. It's not my first dye, but it is my favorite.

20140614_221950.jpg

Also did this one as a father's day present for my old man. The marbling turned out to be much more subtle than I wanted it.

20140615_150348.jpg

20140615_150433.jpg

"Nyet!"
-Molotov

One more done with glue, and yet another Venture Bros disc - my other pink XG Valykrie.

Went for thinner glue lines on this one.

Attachments

• mol3.jpg
    mol3.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 72
  • mol4.jpg
    mol4.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 74
  • mol2.jpg
    mol2.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 46
14444813872_545d2a86c1_z.jpg

I now understand why Bennett Hates Greens. Looks better in person. My new mini

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to put some of my work up here. It's not my first dye, but it is my favorite.

20140614_221950.jpg

Man, i tried doing BFM like 10 times and could never get it to look right. Did you freehand it or use a vinyl cutter? Looks awesome!

Thanks! Since I was dyeing the disc black and using the original color of the disc for the image, I bought a car window vinyl from a certain online auction site and used that to create the negative space. It is definitely cheating compared to how the artists in this thread typically create their dyes, but for what I wanted it was perfect. Precut vinyl's made for car windows are typically a high quality vinyl and I always get perfect lines and have yet to experience a bleed. The worst part is having to goo-gone the hell out of the disc to get all the adhesive off once you've peeled it.

Has anyone else ever wondered if Bill Murray knows he's like the most popular person to dye on discs?

I can't think of any other real person I have seen more dyes of than BFM. I'll have to do one eventually.

Has anyone else ever wondered if Bill Murray knows he's like the most popular person to dye on discs?

I can't think of any other real person I have seen more dyes of than BFM. I'll have to do one eventually.

Bob Marley would be a close second.

What about Walter White? Jerry Garcia? The dude? I think the dude wins. Or Walter? So many mark it zero dyes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts