• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing design on both. I'm still staring at the Bulldog one, trying to figure out how much remasking was done. I'm seriously loving this disc right now.

Thanks to everyone for their comments!

Bennett, The darker blue was hot dipped. Then, I did the SC background. After that, I hand painted the red shirt and tongue. That was all with one mask. I left the bulldog's body (and other white areas) masked until the end.

I applied a second mask for the "FS" logos around the perimeter. The tricky part was getting that centered! Hand painted the outline, then pulled all but the inside of the letters for the spin. I also hand cut a small mask for the dog leg to cover the dark blue outline from getting any red spin dye overlap.

At least, that's how I remember doing it. :D

Peace,
-Jeff

CAKE_zpsmn5nlbzl.jpg

rff wizard
in navy bath ~10 hours.
entire bag almost done...

not quite an epic failure, but not exactly the results i wanted. still learning...

soft focus

2015-03-31%2000.53.48_zpslufegp0m.jpg

and i don't know why that one spot would not take color...

Thanks to everyone for their comments!

Bennett, The darker blue was hot dipped. Then, I did the SC background. After that, I hand painted the red shirt and tongue. That was all with one mask. I left the bulldog's body (and other white areas) masked until the end.

I applied a second mask for the "FS" logos around the perimeter. The tricky part was getting that centered! Hand painted the outline, then pulled all but the inside of the letters for the spin. I also hand cut a small mask for the dog leg to cover the dark blue outline from getting any red spin dye overlap.

At least, that's how I remember doing it. :D

Peace,
-Jeff

Awesome work on those dyes. Im still terrified of dye after spilling my pan last time- but still can't wait for my next stencils to come in so I can get started.

Awesome work on those dyes. Im still terrified of dye after spilling my pan last time- but still can't wait for my next stencils to come in so I can get started.

i had the bottom of a quart jar of old rit sunshine orange fail this weekend. set it on the stove with two others, when i looked back there was dye around the bottoms. thought perhaps the lid was leaking, so i picked it up to put in the sink and rinse it off and re-tighten, and entire bottom didn't come up with the jar. just stayed on the stove. dye completely covered the stove-top, inside the burner pans and underneath, on the the front of the oven door, the floor, and my pants not so much, but my tennis shoes yes. and socks. clean up wasn't all that bad- just alot of paper towels. throughout the clean up i wanted to get pics but felt i just couldn't take the time in case it stained.

the worst part is: i lost a quart of old rit sunshine orange :mad::(

the worst part is: i lost a quart of old rit sunshine orange :mad::(

I have a couple boxes of OLD Rit labeled "Orange 3" --- I don't know if that's more like sunshine or tangerine orange, I haven't opened to test, but they're yours if you want them :)

I have a couple boxes of OLD Rit labeled "Orange 3" --- I don't know if that's more like sunshine or tangerine orange, I haven't opened to test, but they're yours if you want them :)

you posted this on april 1st. i'm hoping you aren't that cruel.

I hope you manage(d) to safely transfer the rest of the colors into fresh containers. I had no idea they failed.

Shout outs to Dan Howard and holotone(Cole Moeller) in Jerm's new in-the-bag!

Well that's pretty cool, he got the first one in his players pack from the 2013 KC Wide Open. After last years USDGC he let a couple of KC folks know he had lost it and wanted a replacement. MVP nanos sscarmana.

First week of dyeing

After my first week of dyeing it is a lot of fun to see improvements with every disc. The order of the uploads are the progression of my 5 dyes.

Addicted.

Attachments

• zelda.jpg
    zelda.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 81
  • lightsaber.jpg
    lightsaber.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 79
  • tie.jpg
    tie.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 81
Status