• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad he can't show off the sweet Buzzz dye he got at the Albemarle Ice Bowl so many years ago

LOL Yeah, and all the ones from Strange Discs when I was doing Z's dyes and he was sponsoring Jerm. That's actually how we first met.

I'm getting back in the game, guys! Haven't been dyeing much, but I'm only on the laptop because my fingers are RAW from working a STACK of vinyl and discs tonight! Can't post yet as many are gifts, but I'll have some pics up soon. Hope to see lots more work from everyone soon, thinking of running another contest after the spring!

I'm getting back in the game, guys! Haven't been dyeing much, but I'm only on the laptop because my fingers are RAW from working a STACK of vinyl and discs tonight! Can't post yet as many are gifts, but I'll have some pics up soon. Hope to see lots more work from everyone soon, thinking of running another contest after the spring!

I am working on a disc now whose concept was what made me start dyeing. Just didn't want to do it until I could do it justice. Should be done Thurs or Fri.

And you know I'm game for another contest. :hfive:

Can't wait to see those dyes guys. This forum is a great source of inspiration and motivation for me.

Another contest would be great! I had this one almost finished for the v day contest, but once I glimsed "I give you my heart" I threw my hands up in surrender...

Attachments

• 20150214_174348.jpg
    20150214_174348.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 123
Is there a thread floating around where I can post my experiences and lessons learned as a rookie dyer? I just have some quick tips that I picked up in my first couple of dyes.

Check out Innova's latest release: The Coon

picture.php

Background looks much better in person/good light (see attachments). Still not sure how I feel about it, but Cartman turned out well.

I came up with the idea for this disc before ever dyeing a disc, and bought the Star Cro it is on about 16 months ago. Finally got around to doing it.

Attachments

• coonlight.jpg
    coonlight.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 69
  • coonclose.jpg
    coonclose.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 81
my first attempts at dyeing. thanks to the DGCR forums gurus for all the helpful threads.

17104935721_4e42a2b337_c.jpg

17116049611_2dcf41516f_c.jpg
[/url]

Tried a couple simple designs on shaving cream the other night. Learned a bunch juts sitting down to do it.

Attachments

• 20150410_081027.jpg
    20150410_081027.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 67
Roggen, You're killin me with that Coon dye! :D Awesome! :thmbup:

Just finished this Opto Pearl for one of my Daughter's birthday presents (10 yrs. old). Black line work is hot dipped with a combination of I-Dye and RIT black (Since I-Dye is a "cool" black, and RIT is a "warm" black, the mixture is neither, and very opaque). The colors were all painted by brush with a variety of RIT, I-Dye and Pylam.

image_zpsvwuonhmu.jpg

image_zpspbqhl8nx.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Had a little bad luck with bleeding dye on a couple stencils- anyone have some secrets for stopping that? I get the uneven bits on the edge as flat as I can with my fingernail, but it always seems to get through. This one had the least problems today-

RQoMP2p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.