• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threw some spin dyes on a pair of my white Envys. Neutron takes dye so well, but I can never bring myself to wipe those jelly bean stock stamps. Too damn pretty.

20151209_233524.jpg

Those are gorgeous, ide buy one off you.

Do you like 163g Star Firebirds? Do you like Pokémon? Do you like giving to charity? Then this is the disc for you!

You will be able to bid on this in Hazy Shade's Dyeing For a Cause 2015!

Apologies for the crummy dark picture; I'm sure they will take a nicer one.

Thank you sir. I will enjoy this disc for many years. The last firebird that I got through "dying for a cause" rang up an ace on hole ten at Belmont in Dayton, Ohio. Perhaps this one will find chains too.

One day I need to pick your brain about how to do color beside color like this.

Thank you sir. I will enjoy this disc for many years. The last firebird that I got through "dying for a cause" rang up an ace on hole ten at Belmont in Dayton, Ohio. Perhaps this one will find chains too.

One day I need to pick your brain about how to do color beside color like this.

Awesome, hope you enjoy it, and hope you get that ace.

DTP. Your work is just incredible. Every time I see something from you I just shake my head in wonder. Phenomenal as always. Thanks for sharing with use mere mortals.

You never cease to amaze DTP!!! Well these don't hold a candle up to that, but figured I'd throw a couple up here since I haven't been active in some time on here. Hope all is well with my fellow dye heads and have a happy holiday!

cropped_newTruth_zpsl1h8wn7d.jpg

cropped_newTrespass_zpshfztbxgg.jpg

God. I've missed you, Odyssey! You have a very unique and vibrant style mixing different techniques. I dig it.

That Trespass is GORGEOUS! Quickly turning into my favored driver and that one is spectacular! Great work.

God. I've missed you, Odyssey! You have a very unique and vibrant style mixing different techniques. I dig it.

That Trespass is GORGEOUS! Quickly turning into my favored driver and that one is spectacular! Great work.

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. It felt good to do a couple of projects again. Feel free to bounce anything off me whenever. I love sharing techniques. It's the best way to learn! Hoping to get my studio back up and decent here soon. Kind of operating out of my kitchen right now. Lol.

Yea, I just flew that trespass the first time this afternoon. She's already doing me justice. It's my go to stable-OS distance driver for sure. Especially for sidearms.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I almost took a pic of that puppy dye when it was just in the 'sketched and blocked in' stage and looked like a 3 year old had scribbled it. Then decided no one would believe the finished product and the early stages were the same disc (if it turned out how I had envisioned). I had my doubts that it would turn out 'right', but just kept plugging away at it almost literally one hair at a time with a tiny lining brush to build up the color and texture. I'll take some pics along the way on the next one so I can share.
Welcome back, Odyssey. Nice work as always. What green did you use on the trespass? And how did you achieve the gradient from the yellow fading into the green?

Also..... just want to acknowledge the fact that it was a dye Eky did a few years back of an Indian maiden that really clicked on the light bulb for me. Before seeing that dye I had never considered the possibility of treating dye as a painting process rather than dips and remasks. Thanks Eky!

Last edited:
SICKNESS ODYSSEY! Great to have you back!

Thanks Bennett!!! Its good to be back! Great work this year again with Okthrowberfest! Your dyework as well as running the contest :thmbup: I was sad to sit out this year, but had a fun time being a gypsy going across the country hiking and rock hounding. Things are settling now though so I should be cranking out some more here in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I almost took a pic of that puppy dye when it was just in the 'sketched and blocked in' stage and looked like a 3 year old had scribbled it. Then decided no one would believe the finished product and the early stages were the same disc (if it turned out how I had envisioned). I had my doubts that it would turn out 'right', but just kept plugging away at it almost literally one hair at a time with a tiny lining brush to build up the color and texture. I'll take some pics along the way on the next one so I can share.
Welcome back, Odyssey. Nice work as always. What green did you use on the trespass? And how did you achieve the gradient from the yellow fading into the green?

Thanks man. I appreciate it! I did a few steps with the trespass...1st portion was 1-2 days in a yellow (pylam) bag dip, followed by 1-2 more days in a bright green (pylam) bag dip...the rest was done with pin striping and cut vinyl pieces...the yellow that you're referring to was kind of done by accident when I was blending a combo of blue, green, and yellow worm dye on top of each other. I went a little heavy on the yellow when I was trying to create more of a fade out at that point, but it still came out looking pretty nice.

The other main ingredient that Ive thrown around in a few posts that I use all the time when spinning with worm dyes is Formula 49. It's like a blending agent for dyes that are typically used on wooden gourds. Stumbled upon it back in my mad scientist days of dyeing ;) It seems to help brighten the f*$k out of worm dyes and help get rid of that dingy look that the worm dyes seem to leave behind on their own. I typically lay on multiple layers of worm dye, then use just a dab of that on a q tip and go over the spins. It really makes the colors come alive, and smooths out any of the worm dye gunk left behind. Also can't hurt to add a little disperse dye to worm dyes to achieve certain colors or different shades ;) (someone recently shared this with me. Props to that special someone if you're reading this.)

DTP, is that based off of a picture, or a personal pet, or is it just your creative mojo? It would be awesome to see a personal pet line of submissions. Give me a year or two to practice and I'll throw one in. ;)

DTP, is that based off of a picture, or a personal pet, or is it just your creative mojo? It would be awesome to see a personal pet line of submissions. Give me a year or two to practice and I'll throw one in. ;)

It's from a photo that someone sent me here. It's a gift for his buddy. I hope to do one of my own dog next. I'll take pics along the way.
6691a69e-1e13-47d9-9f81-72ca7f308188.jpg

All the greats are getting back into the game all of a sudden!

Rob Edwards sent this pic to me tonight, and I peed myself it's so good.

10178185_10206947572961322_1376619053_n.jpg

My sixth dye job, Prodigy 400G light M4. The stamp couldn't handle it...

Attachments

• 2015-12-17 15.57.09.jpg
    2015-12-17 15.57.09.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.