• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess what I meant was can someone make the image spin. If your interested in this disc you can buy it at fairway flyers or PM me and we can work out the details.

Takes a minute to load up but here you go. Looks much cooler in flash but photobucket won't let me upload flash....more like photojerks....am I right?.....:|

Untitled-3.gif

For those who I have seen that have dies to the edge of the disk......... How did you get it died to the edge without getting on the back? OR, was the whole disk died?

I'm not an expert, but I have done some dyes to the edges of discs and some beyond. Masking off the backside or the rim is prudent, or you can just be super careful and not get any dye on the back. Or, if you do translucent plastic, you can just dye the underside of the disc. I really like doing that.

Takes a minute to load up but here you go. Looks much cooler in flash but photobucket won't let me upload flash....more like photojerks....am I right?.....:|

Wow I loled at the photojerks comment... not super funny, but was at the time :popcorn:

For those who I have seen that have dies to the edge of the disk......... How did you get it died to the edge without getting on the back? OR, was the whole disk died?

super careful laying it in the dye, it'll float, everytime I have tried to mask the back I have had capillary attraction and it's pulled the dye into the creases of the vinyl. you just have to make sure the dye isn't moving.. best to try with a pan of water to get your technique down before doing one in hot dye

WOOOO! 500th post!

Okay here is an Clear Opto XXX that I've been working on for a couple days. I used up a used OLS to give the technique and colors a shot before going for it on a new disc. Took a bit to get all the shades done with the saran wraped pink. It's not perfect, mised a few spots and had some bleeding around the edges. But all in all I think it's the best disc I've done so far.

15COXsmall.jpg

I think it looks really good, even with the bleeds, its kinda like it goes along with the mystery/fantasy of a mermaid, kinda like its smoke in a dream land

Literally fell off face of the earth for a couple of weeks in montana. WOW did I miss some flippin sweet dyes would love a stencil of the hangover man purse if anyone had it

I did notice your absence schnelle! Welcome back.
I just did a dye for my father. I'll post it later, but I wanna say... this Fathers Day dying thing is working out. No he doesn't dg, but he does love a logo or two on his wall.

Okay here is an Clear Opto XXX that I've been working on for a couple days. I used up a used OLS to give the technique and colors a shot before going for it on a new disc. Took a bit to get all the shades done with the saran wraped pink. It's not perfect, mised a few spots and had some bleeding around the edges. But all in all I think it's the best disc I've done so far.

View attachment 14551

bad azz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts