• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

I'm looking for a P line PD in a 150 class to replace my gf's pro teebird (she got hooked after 2 throws). Anyone have any they'd like to sell or can direct me to an online outlet? Thanks!

At least in Finland you can also get the Jesse Heinonen S-Line PD in 150 class.

Risk said:
Also I skimmed this thread so I was wondering what the out of the box flight path of the S-PD is compared to the P-PD?

Out of the box the difference is pretty simple...The S is more overstable, fading earlier and more.

On a different note, I'm still not quite set on the -1 HSS on the S-PD. Today I was ripping them as hard as I could in wind and although it consistently had a little turn, it never flipped too long and always came back. If I was throwing any of the other range 5 -1 drivers they would have been turning and not coming back.

discspeed said:
Risk said:
Also I skimmed this thread so I was wondering what the out of the box flight path of the S-PD is compared to the P-PD?

Out of the box the difference is pretty simple...The S is more overstable, fading earlier and more.

On a different note, I'm still not quite set on the -1 HSS on the S-PD. Today I was ripping them as hard as I could in wind and although it consistently had a little turn, it never flipped too long and always came back. If I was throwing any of the other range 5 -1 drivers they would have been turning and not coming back.

Thanks discspeed.

Damn you PD loving bastards. I finally got one in trade from Dave and I friggin love it. I got a 8/10 P 171g. I got in some field testing with it today next to my Pro Wraiths and it is sweet. My wraiths are longer but man it is a good flying disc. It would take any line I put it on, and handled a 100% throw without flipping. So before I sell off all my strikers and get a stack of these answer me some ?'s.

1: Can these easily replace my Strikers

2: How do they do into 10-20mph head winds

3: How many and in what plastic to I need them in to cover the whole range of shots.

4: what else do I need to know?

peppermack said:
Damn you PD loving bastards. I finally got one in trade from Dave and I friggin love it. I got a 8/10 P 171g. I got in some field testing with it today next to my Pro Wraiths and it is sweet. My wraiths are longer but man it is a good flying disc. It would take any line I put it on, and handled a 100% throw without flipping. So before I sell off all my strikers and get a stack of these answer me some ?'s.

3: How many and in what plastic to I need them in to cover the whole range of shots.

All you seek is here before you in the pages of the Gospel...

Cliff Notes version:
1. Yes, especially if you throw the Buzzz (which you do)
2. P-moves quite a bit due to glide, S-moves a bit, but still predictable for straight shots/slight hyzers, C-as well as any disc I've thrown, seems almost impervious to wind.
3. I like all 3 plastics for very different things (more detail earlier in thread)
4. Read the damn thread!

peppermack said:

1. yep
2.far better than a striker, just add a little hyzer and you should be ok
3.i curently carry 1 newer S and a seasoned P........i'll be adding another P when this one gets real flippy.....maybe a champ too
4.PD's are so cash

Risk said:
One more question how do C PD's work for thumbers? Just thinking out loud here but a C PD just might kick the Z Pred out of my bag.

I'm not sure...I'll bet pretty good considering the FB wing and relatively flat top. I just use my XXX because I don't want to beat up my C-PDs, and thumbers tend to wear discs quickly.

Risk said:
One more question how do C PD's work for thumbers? Just thinking out loud here but a C PD just might kick the Z Pred out of my bag.

It thumbs like a beat in Z pred. It isn't as long as a new one but it is consistent out to 250' or so for me.

Frank Delicious said:
Risk said:

It thumbs like a beat in Z pred. It isn't as long as a new one but it is consistent out to 250' or so for me.

Just what I wanted to hear.

Sounds like the C PD might be good for my overstable slot. Where can you get them at? I only see P and S anywhere.

I just got my first P-PD in the mail today. I'm a little surprised, just looking at it. I expected it to have even more dome than my S-PD, but it maybe has just a hair less dome to it. It does have the same lower PLH as the S in comparision to the C's. I was also surprised at how stiff this P-PD is. It's much stiffer than the S. I'm not sure how much it matters, but it is one of the P-PD's with the freak stamp on it. Does the stamping on the P's reduce the dome some? I'll be interested to see how it flies when I get the chance to try it out.

The C-PDs were a limited test run, available only at DiscGolfValues. They're going to be available for custom stamping in Europe this spring/summer though, along with the new C-MD2 mid.

Here's a link to the C-PDs, they have 8 in stock. =)
https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=394

marmoset said:
jubuttib said:
...C-MD2 mid.
Oooooh!
Yeah, I really want to get my hands on that thing. I'm beginning to think that there's one Discmania disc that doesn't really work for me: The MD1. I just can't seem to get a good grip or a good release on it if I put some nut into it. The bottom of the rim is just so damn sharp.

The MD2 is going to be between the Coyote and the Shark in flight, I'm hoping it has a Coyote/Mako'esque grip to it. Then I could use those for straight midrange throws and power down on the S-GM or S-CD if I need more fade.

Latest posts