• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The hardest part of getting 1st ace.

Screw that! It counts! I just made it from the pad! ACE!!!

It's not a 1 on the score card. You don't get any money from the pool. It is an Ace.

Do baseball players count batting practice home runs? Do those show up on the stats on the back of baseball cards? Does Hank Aaron's record (phuk that cheater Bonds) include batting practice home runs?

Throwing multiple shots off the tee is practice, nothing more.

Just read this thread.

I think I'm gonna start ignoring my missed putts and only count the ones I make.

Do baseball players count batting practice home runs? Do those show up on the stats on the back of baseball cards? Does Hank Aaron's record (phuk that cheater Bonds) include batting practice home runs?

Throwing multiple shots off the tee is practice, nothing more.

Competitive offense vs. defense sports are a little different, I think. No, I don't call it a touchdown ever time I carry a football past the goal line.

but you can call it a field goal every time you kick it through the uprights.

But when its not in a real game its just practice. Hitting a 60 yard field goal in practice is just that...practice and doesn't count for anything.

You guys are really reaching here

But when its not in a real game its just practice. Hitting a 60 yard field goal in practice is just that...practice and doesn't count for anything.

You guys are really reaching here

Horse hooey. 2 guys go out and start kicking field goals in practice. They go back in. 1 tells the coach "I hit 9/10 from the 50" the other says "I hit 2/10 from the 30"

and it doesn't count for anything? ... ... ... ...

Horse hooey. 2 guys go out and start kicking field goals in practice. They go back in. 1 tells the coach "I hit 9/10 from the 50" the other says "I hit 2/10 from the 30"

Good point.

If I miss my first shot at an ace but make the next 3 out of 4 from the same spot, I'm considering that a damn good feat, and not an easy one.

Um....no. It's practice thus it doesn't count.

Hold on a second, let me go check the record books and see if anything ever that happens in practice is record... :popcorn: ... :popcorn:

Nope not there because it's freaking practice and doesn't count for anything!:doh:

I hope someone that hits it on the second or more shot from the tee asks me to sign their disc. "This idiot thinks the second shot off the tee is an ace." That will be the signature. Big enough to cover the whole back plate.

Reading comprehension is your friend.
Quote the part where anyone said the second throw is an ace, except the Dave Greenwell story where the second throw was recorded as an ace on an official PDGA scorecard. :D

I'd have no issue with somebody calling a practice ace legit, provided it was their first throw of however many they did from that pad.

Quote the part where anyone said the second throw is an ace, except the Dave Greenwell story where the second throw was recorded as an ace on an official PDGA scorecard. :D

Actually if you read this whole thread there are a couple people trying to justify "any" throw from a tee pad that goes in an ace, no what how many times they try.

Dan Ensor 10/14/13 "Screw that! It counts! I just made it from the pad! ACE!!!"

Dan Ensor 10/16/13 "It took 1 throw to hole out from the tee. Which doesn't change no matter how many times I throw."

Dan Ensor 10/17/13 "What's an ace, then? My only qualification for an ace is that you hole out from the tee."

Ok that wasn't intended to bash one specific person, but going back through the whole thread he was the only one that actually said it :\

Reading the whole thread is your friend.

So you don't think it necessary to read the whole thread, yet you feel it necessary to interject your overwhelming wisdom on us...and then mock us for being involved in it and reading it all.

Thanks for that.

Is there a new rule? I see all the time people post they haven't read the whole thread, I never remember you whining about it before.

Are you and Nate room mates?