• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The hardest part of getting 1st ace.

Final authority because no one else will state one.
?

from Websters dictionary, a common final authority in regards to the definition of words.

Ace: a golf score of one stroke on a hole; also : a hole made in one stroke

If it's on a second/third/fourth etc shot it's not one stroke.

from Websters dictionary, a common final authority in regards to the definition of words.

/thread :popcorn::clap::thmbup:

Since I'm not throwing from a lie established other than the tee, yes it is one stroke. What stroke came before that one? I'm not throwing from the lie of the last disc I threw off the tee. I'm not taking an optional rethrow.

I wouldn't call it a cubby ace, I would call it a nice second/third/fourth shot.

I'm not trying to be confrontational but why in the world would you score 5 rounds at the same time? I mean anyone can do anything they want, but to what end would you do 5 rounds at the same time and keep score? These wouldn't be rated or official rounds so why? Personal satisfaction? Practice? Because if you were throwing 5 drives per hole there is no way those would be official rounds or even rounds that would count in any way.

The fact that doesn't change is this... any additional shots you take after the first shot become progressively easier. If you came to me and said I shot 15 down and I threw 5 drives every hole...then I would say, no you didn't...sorry.

I would come to you with 5 scores. And I'd say "I shot 1 up, 7 up, 3 up, 2 up, and 1 up" because I never shoot under par.

You're trying awfully hard not to answer that question, aren't you?

Since I'm not throwing from a lie established other than the tee, yes it is one stroke. What stroke came before that one? I'm not throwing from the lie of the last disc I threw off the tee. I'm not taking an optional rethrow.

So by your logic, I can throw as many shots as I want to from the tee at any time? Dude I'm so going to win my next tournament because I'm just going to tee off as many times as it takes to park my drive.

And just for the record you are in such a insane minority no one agrees with you...well most normal sane people don't agree with you. It's a nice shot, get excited, jump up and down, do a happy dance, but don't ask to get your disc signed or expect something nasty on your disc. :D

I've hit "what you would call an ace" many many many times on second/third/fourth shots many times. It's cool...but you don't see me running around telling everyone about the ace I just hit. There is a difference between practice and a real game. Hell I shoot like 10 under par every time I go to practice.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 6
I would come to you with 5 scores. And I'd say "I shot 1 up, 7 up, 3 up, 2 up, and 1 up" because I never shoot under par.

And I would (politely) laugh uproariously in your face and ask you what's the point of this?:wall:

And I have answered this... there is no f-ing point to it. To what end are you scoring 5 rounds at the same time? They aren't official and don't count for anything. They are not legit scores based upon the face that the subsequent shots are easier most of the time. It's practice, not real...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29VsG35DQM

Last edited:

meaning you put the disc in the basket from the teepad. it says nothing about practice throws, or anything mentioning "cubby." you are taking terms that are open ended, and trying to put your own spin on them.

meaning you put the disc in the basket from the teepad. it says nothing about practice throws, or anything mentioning "cubby." you are taking terms that are open ended, and trying to put your own spin on them.

I am not putting my own spin on them. A majority of the players in golf and disc golf all consider an ace to be a first throw from a tee pad. This isn't my conjecture, its a majority of the playing public. Throwing multiple times from the tee is not hole the hole was designed to be played. If you want to call it a practice ace, I am fine with that, but it's not a true ace. There are other kinds of aces; black, cubby, field, practice, etc... but they are not true aces.

Frankly I am just bored and enjoy this mindless conversation. You can call it what ever you want, just don't expect me or may other people to call it a true ace.

you have interesting logic. bet i have more aces than you too :D

i have 5.

Call it a "cubby" ace if you want to, but it's an ace.

might as well start videotaping them so you can try to catch up with cubby - he has over 300!

counting your practice aces as legit is the same as a virgin masturbating and telling his friends he got laid.

i have 5.

might as well start videotaping them so you can try to catch up with cubby - he has over 300!

counting your practice aces as legit is the same as a virgin masturbating and telling his friends he got laid.

This might make it into my signature. Classic.

Last edited:

What do you mean "legit"? I'd liken it to hiring a whore, not masturbation.

Why do all these analogies you all are using suck so bad?

that'll happen when your position is unfounded ...

Says the guy trying to justify lame ass second/third/fourth/etc shots as aces.

Again from Websters...
Analogy: a comparison of two things based on their being alike in some way.

Such as... pretending something that kinda happened but didn't really happen as good and successful.

Like...

I kissed my step sister... Yes it is a kiss but its your freaking step sister. So it does count as a kiss, but its really not something that anyone should be proud of. which is a lot like... hitting a practice ace on second/third/fourth shots... yeah it went in, but not really something that anyone should be proud of.

I really don't see how this is complicated to you.

The hardest part of getting 1st ace.

Sounds like it being smart enough to know the difference between an legitimate ACE ....

and a cubby ACE

or a black ACE

or a great practice throw

or a great shot resulting in a birdie or an eagle

or kissing your step sister

or something to do with masturbation

or sleeping with ugly girls

or eating cookies in bed

how about wetting the bed?

Not paying your gambling debts?

Picking your nose?

I don't know. Do you think Tiger Woods and Phil Nicholson ever have this conversation?

Tiger, "I have 37 career aces."

Phil, "Well, I was at the driving range yesterday and I hit a bucket of 500 balls and three went in the practice hole there. That gives me 1705 aces for my career."

Tiger, "Uh, Phil, Those don't really count as aces you know. But I did sleep with all your sisters."

Last edited:

According to the rules an optional rethrow counts as an additional stroke. It plain and simple is not the first shot from the tee and is therefor not an ace.