• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

You may be on to something. But whatever it was, it ain't happening yet, if at all. Rain rain rain all day.

I found enough hints from several social media sites to piece it all together. ;) Fluffy confirmed he was at La Mi today with Rick G.

Simon always reps discmania pretty hard and in his dreampions qna there's no logos...... maybe got dropped by discmania after the injury? or is just at the end of his contract and a free agent??

This is great! Thank you for this speculation! While I doubt it would happen, I think Simon going elsewhere (not Trilogy or Prodigy) would be fun!

To add fuel to the fire there was an article on Ultiworld where Jussi stepped out of line and confirmed Simon for Australia, and then got in trouble with Simon because that was not yet set in stone.

All kidding and wild speculation aside, I'm sure if Big Jerm has considered moving from Prodigy, he went and threw some other discs to see what would work with his game. So if he picked Innova as his new sponsor, I'm sure he already knows what he wants to bag and throw. And I'm sure he'll make amateurs like me look like, well, amateurs as he expertly throws Innova plastic...
He's not going to pick his sponsor based on their discs/plastics, he's going to make the decision based on the deal. All the major disc makers have comparable discs for pretty much any shot.

From yesterday at La Mirada -- sounds like Fluffy actually does throw plastic...

Attachments

• IMG_1429.JPG
    IMG_1429.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 242
He's not going to pick his sponsor based on their discs/plastics, he's going to make the decision based on the deal. All the major disc makers have comparable discs for pretty much any shot.

I agree with you. He's still going to throw plastic and decide what works best for him, and he'll bag the discs he likes, and if he switches, we'll soon find out his choices.

Week and a half to the New Year...

FWIW, Tank is pretty tight with a lot of sponsored players.

We speculate with players moving in all sports. It's fun.

yeah, I know. And I agree, it's fun. I read this thread multiple times a day. Just cooling off a little bit of the speculation by deflating the 'employee' aspect.

Fluffy and Rick Gutierrez. Why should we care about these people?

If this is the big news, it is underwhelming. Perhaps good exposure for the support, but far from game changing. However, it sounds like a really neat experience for Paul and Kona.

Fluffy and Rick Gutierrez. Why should we care about these people?

Whether you think he's funny or not he is one of the top comics in the world right now and has a huge public presence. Im not one to harp on growing the sport but this is a fairly big deal.

If he goes to Innova, DDx is certainly on the table. Paul, Sexton, and Avery all have Discmania signatures.

While he could crush a DDx and could potentially have it in his bag, I doubt he would use a DDx when the PD2 is a much better choice for FH, and better for strong BH shots as well... plus Eagle and Simon both use the PD2 for distance shots in various stages of wear

If he goes to Innova, DDx is certainly on the table. Paul, Sexton, and Avery all have Discmania signatures.

Yeah but see the thing is... Avery and Sexton are both technically team Discmania, and Paul is Paul. I get that they are sister companies but I would be very surprised if Jussi puts a non Discmania players name on their disc

Whether you think he's funny or not he is one of the top comics in the world right now and has a huge public presence. Im not one to harp on growing the sport but this is a fairly big deal.

Presumably this filming was going to be part of one of the Fuse network episodes of "Fluffy Breaks Even". I haven't seen the show but the guy is funny. And as Andy said, he's a top comic with a lot of fans and almost a million followers on twitter. Just him tweeting about playing disc golf was pretty cool, a lot of those followers were probably saying, wtf is that?

I don't have an opinion on whether or not he is funny because I didn't know who he is. Is Fluffy Rick Gutierrez? Are they the same person. I'm confused.

Latest posts