• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

So your contracts keep those companies from doing more with disc golf? How is that helpful?

Nope, not from the start. In the early days and even all the way into the early 2000s they were non existent for players. They are still almost non existent. Its improving, however. Many sponsors will want to offer goods at first to judge the ROI. Its something I see a lot in the fitness industry.

Hopefully more players can get monied sponsorships in order to actually make a living.

Let me restate, and thanks for the correction. These side contracts were available for events from the start, but none of them were long term. I would love to see players develop long term versions with non disc golf companies. Better?

I wonder if there isn't a misunderstanding? The notion of a contract that says, "company a may not contract with any other entity that participates in my field" is pretty far reaching. Not saying it hasn't happened, but most companies wouldn't sign such a contract. Even if they did, I bet it's less solid than it might seem. If it is that solid, I want Holley's lawyer.

But do you guys realize the sacrifices she had to make in the agreements, in order to satisfy these companies? For example, the Duchess has been known to arrive on short notice to board meetings to perform choreographed, interpretive dances in full regalia to "jiving" compositions such as this one, for starters ;) It's a good life, but nobody said its easy...
Actually, I'm kind of digging this tune, and it's looking like it may find it's way onto my playlist for earbud music on my next round:thmbup:

Since I started playing in 2012, I have brought in many outside sponsors that had no clue about Disc Golf.

Bite Blocker - Those Skeetos get annoying!

Water Joe - Caffeinated water owned by premium water company, the official water sponsor for the Packers.

ScoreBand - Wrist band scorekeeping watch for golf/tennis, etc.

HoneyStinger - Energy snacks used by Cyclists, was endorsed by Lance Armstrong.

Raw Elements - Organic Sunscreen

I'm not the type of girl that wastes time with merch only sponsorships, just to put that out there.

How have these been "brought in" to disc golf? I personally soak up as much DG culture as possible yet have not heard of any of these products.

How have these been "brought in" to disc golf? I personally soak up as much DG culture as possible yet have not heard of any of these products.

Ive heard of ScoreBand...Upper Park has been selling them for awhile and I know about them through my involvement with the Infantry Squad a.k.a. Upper Park street team.

Honey Stinger also hooked up a tournament I played in last year with some of their product for players packs. Holly isnt involved with our scene directly here in Colorado so I will say for sure she brought them into disc golf.

I know about Water Joe because Im a Packers fan and have used it to mix with certain preworkouts.

Regardless of all that, if these companies are sponsors of Holly Finley, a professional disc golfer, does that not mean they are in the disc golf world? Just because they arent headline sponsors of every tournament or sponsoring multiple players doesnt mean they arent in the disc golf world.

Hey everyone!

Let's show some courtesy to our sport and those that make careers out of it... or in addition to their other endeavors.
I moved some of the posts out of this thread again and put them in the corner to think about what they have done. :)

So, it's nice that a pro disc golfer joins us in our conversations... let's not mess that up. Go off to the 'fill if you want to incite others. This particular forum is for civility and interesting conversation. If you have any questions, please PM me and I will answer everyone as I always do.

Prodigy is promoting their 2017 team on instagram right now. Posting pics of the peeps that didn't leave.

Looks like prodigy is catrina, uli, cale and will.

Catrina is one of the very best female players, I like her game even better than Page Pierce. Also with PP gone to DD, I think the coverage of the females we'll hopefully get to se will be even more entertaining, competitive and intense then before. Catrina will get Prodigy lots of exposure for sure, and it seems to me that Prodigy treats her well, like they should be.

Uli really is on his way up now I think, and seems like he's working hard. I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to steal one of the majors this year, even though he'll obviously be considered an outsider to the likes of mcbeth and wysocki.

Cale seems to me to be a consistet player and pretty much a great guy to have on your team.

Will certainly has the potential/talent to be the highest rated player again, and I love to see his technique in action, but I'm not completely convinced that he's fixed that put of his this winter. From what I've heard him say on podcasts and social media he didnt exactly seem obsessed with spending hours every single day putting, like the very best one at putting surely does. He actually striked me more eager to crush drives 600+ feet on the field.. His distance isn't whats keeping him from winning, so I hope I'm wrong because it would be great to see another consistent player batteling it out with McBeth and Wysocki.

Anyway, all in all, Prodigy's got a good team I think. Obviously if they could've held on to Big Jerm it would've been even better..

That's the way I have the contract written and I'm not good at sharing.

LOL! That got a genuine laugh out of me! I do agree it would be good to have them more involved in the sport. No disrespect, Lady Duchess. Maybe encourage them to help sponsor some tournaments or hole sponsorships? Anything to get more into the sport we all love. :thmbup:

Prodigy is promoting their 2017 team on instagram right now. Posting pics of the peeps that didn't leave.

Looks like prodigy is catrina, uli, cale and will.

... and Ragna!

Though it'll be interesting to see how much and how well she can play this year with the baby and all.

Chris Dickerson will be the highest rated male on Prodigy's team at the end of 2017. Don't leave him out of the discussion. And we're less than 3 years removed from Ragna being in the final 9 at Worlds.

There's an unfulfilled FPO record challenge to be first to win the Open Women World title as a mother.

Anyway, all in all, Prodigy's got a good team I think. Obviously if they could've held on to Big Jerm it would've been even better..

Respectfully disagree. They've got Cat, and IMHO that's about it. Yes, Jerm LEFT Prodigy, Paige Pierce LEFT Prodigy, many others have LEFT Prodigy.

Will? He MAY get it back... or not. Uli is a good player, but IMHO there's too much competition out there, from Paul and Ricky to Nikko and up-and-comers like Simon, Eagle, Drew, etc. We'll see how the Prodigy lineup compares to all these...

And we're less than 3 years removed from Ragna being in the final 9 at Worlds.

And I think this proves my point. Prodigy is having to go back and dig this out? Final NINE? Not Final 3, not Top 5, but Final NINE?!?! And THREE years ago? Wow.

So sorry, but I think Prodigy is in real trouble vis-a-vis its lineup of pros... and we're not even touching disc sales or popularity yet...