• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Lol. Yeah. Even all the locals that are Innova sponsored are spamming it. Must be some sort of contractual thing as I don't see anyone else doing this, even bigger name locals or pros.

Lol. Yeah. Even all the locals that are Innova sponsored are spamming it. Must be some sort of contractual thing as I don't see anyone else doing this, even bigger name locals or pros.

There was nothing contractual. The team was recently finalized. It was decided to make the announcements public at the same time.

The innova website is updated with philo and Allen on the star team, but no signs of cam Todd

I was only told Philo and Jen when I talked to Innova. Cam Todd is on the team, but I am not sure which level. He came back onto the scene just this season and has only been with Innova since later in the year, so I'd be surprised to see him elevated to Star so quickly.

Im shocked a 10 yr player wasnt on the top tier to begin with.

But always thought it was funny they had different "teams" of the same level players.

Cute!

A "team" of individuals in a non team sport, where those same individuals want to beat each other in competition, always seemed like an oxymoron. Does anyone seriously cheer for team Innova, or any other disc "team"?

A "team" of individuals in a non team sport, where those same individuals want to beat each other in competition, always seemed like an oxymoron. Does anyone seriously cheer for team Innova, or any other disc "team"?

But DG is a little different because I am competing against the course and myself as much as the other people. If I played in a tournament, shot my highest rated round ever and someone still beat me by five strokes, I would be happy for them.

I do get what you're saying, but the concept of "team" can mean different things.

Paul McBeth does. He was being interviewed before the final round of the Worlds, and he concluded the interview with a big "Go Val!", wishing luck to Innova teammate Valarie Jenkins Doss. Val came from behind to win, of course.

I understand the point of a 'team' in a non-team sport not being a team like a football team (or military unit), but Innova's concept is good... players are rewarded (and 'promoted') for good results. And having a good camaraderie is good for Innova (or other brand), which in turn is good for the players.

Brodigy! Brodigy! Brodigy!

Paul McBeth does. He was being interviewed before the final round of the Worlds, and he concluded the interview with a big "Go Val!", wishing luck to Innova teammate Valarie Jenkins Doss. Val came from behind to win, of course.

I understand the point of a 'team' in a non-team sport not being a team like a football team (or military unit), but Innova's concept is good... players are rewarded (and 'promoted') for good results. And having a good camaraderie is good for Innova (or other brand), which in turn is good for the players.

Cheering for Val is one thing, but I seriously doubt he's ever cheering for anyone in MPO to beat him, "team" Innova members or anyone else.

No, but if he's 10 strokes behind Philo and Ricky with 6 holes to go, he's absolutely pulling for Philo.

Cheering for Val is one thing, but I seriously doubt he's ever cheering for anyone in MPO to beat him, "team" Innova members or anyone else.

Cheering for someone while competing and being happy for someone afterward are two different things.

... the concept of "team" can mean different things.

Exactly, it's more like "we're called a team but we're really just a group of players with the same sponsor. The sponsor just calls us a team for marketing purposes".

Exactly, it's more like "we're called a team but we're really just a group of players with the same sponsor. The sponsor just calls us a team for marketing purposes".

You're looking at it the wrong way.

You can be on a team, want to beat your teammates but still hope they do well themselves.

Besides that, it's been said that Innova gives bonuses when top 3 are all their team.

Latest posts