• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Honestly not sure why anyone is sponsoring Drew Gibson...his social media outbursts this year were cringey at best, misguided and ignorant at worst. IF disc golf was a real sport, his online presence would have been a huge negative.

More importantly, he didn't really post any great results or compete at any majors this year. Or ever.

California kid can throw far, I guess? Innova can keep him close to his notorious/controversial friend, I guess?

DISCLAIMER to avoid any arguments or outrage:

I don't really give two ****s about sponsorships or the characters of the Pros, I throw mostly Innova, I'm just saying...Drew Gibson: ew.

I also recall some pretty cringeworthy responses he made to female disc golfers, in regard to equity of pay.

Hello, I am the guy in the red shirt from the "You can't triple stamp a double stamp" video.

I like reading people's reactions (and speculations) to sponsorship moves or as some people call it, "Jumpship January". So I found this thread and read through as a video rendered.

Thank you to everyone that enjoys our videos, they are a blast to produce. And to those that don't like them, I like you the most.

I know from my perspective I am very excited to have Zoe and Dustin with Dynamic Discs. In past disc golf trips when I encountered them I always thought they carried themselves very well and did a great job with their clinics. I can't wait to work with them.

I am anxious to see the next announcement of people make their sponsorship moves.

Hello, I am the guy in the red shirt from the "You can't triple stamp a double stamp" video.

I like reading people's reactions (and speculations) to sponsorship moves or as some people call it, "Jumpship January". So I found this thread and read through as a video rendered.

Thank you to everyone that enjoys our videos, they are a blast to produce. And to those that don't like them, I like you the most.

I know from my perspective I am very excited to have Zoe and Dustin with Dynamic Discs. In past disc golf trips when I encountered them I always thought they carried themselves very well and did a great job with their clinics. I can't wait to work with them.

I am anxious to see the next announcement of people make their sponsorship moves.

Based on Drew's somber comments of not being on the DD team anymore, it sounds as if DD was not interested in renewing a contract with him. Obviously speculation here, which I assume you will not confirm nor deny.

Do you ever get tired of your nickname?

Honestly not sure why anyone is sponsoring Drew Gibson...his social media outbursts this year were cringey at best, misguided and ignorant at worst. IF disc golf was a real sport, his online presence would have been a huge negative.

More importantly, he didn't really post any great results or compete at any majors this year. Or ever.

California kid can throw far, I guess? Innova can keep him close to his notorious/controversial friend, I guess?

I don't really give two ****s about sponsorships or the characters of the Pros, I throw mostly Innova, I'm just saying...Drew Gibson: ew.

Interesting comments, particularly in the context you imply. There are times when the pot is doing the calling.

I personally have respect for Drew and wish him the best.

I like cringe. You got links?

the cringey ads referred to in this thread are more for corporate sports retailers, not golfers. They're trying to sell disc golf as a business opportunity, not get disc golfers to throw their plastic.

I guess if you deal with people on the internet all the time and not go nuts on them, you have to have a good attitude. I'm impressed.

the cringey ads referred to in this thread are more for corporate sports retailers, not golfers. They're trying to sell disc golf as a business opportunity, not get disc golfers to throw their plastic.

I was asking about Drew's cringey social media remarks, alluded to above.

The offseason in formula1 is often referred to as the 'Silly Season' because there's so many moves being done...I think disc golf has a better claim to that name than any other sport (except eSports)