• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I have to say, the "player X tours with player Y, so I think he/she goes to [player Y's sponsor]" reasoning is specious at best. As someone already mentioned regarding Madison Walker, if they're happy with their discs, they aren't likely to change because their friend is with a different company. I mean, reverse the argument...is Jerm going to switch to Discraft because he tours with Austin? Why hasn't Paige gone to Innova yet because of Madison?

It is one thing if a new up and comer is unsponsored and hangs with a particular player or someone is a free agent looking for a new sponsor (like Val) but if they don't have a compelling reason to switch, I don't see anyone doing it just to be with their tour partner.

I have to say, the "player X tours with player Y, so I think he/she goes to [player Y's sponsor]" reasoning is specious at best. As someone already mentioned regarding Madison Walker, if they're happy with their discs, they aren't likely to change because their friend is with a different company. I mean, reverse the argument...is Jerm going to switch to Discraft because he tours with Austin? Why hasn't Paige gone to Innova yet because of Madison?

It is one thing if a new up and comer is unsponsored and hangs with a particular player or someone is a free agent looking for a new sponsor (like Val) but if they don't have a compelling reason to switch, I don't see anyone doing it just to be with their tour partner.

Just looking at the past 10 years, Discraft has had a tough time holding on to talent. I'm not saying that Austin will switch sponsors because his touring partner plays for Innova. I'm saying it's possible based off the same reasoning Jerm did. Innova East is in their backyard and last I checked, Innova has a pretty good track record of attracting young players. That and AT and Jerm are good friends off the course. you don't think Jerm has talked to Austin about this and explained that it may be in Austin's best interest to go where the money is?

I don't see Madison or Austin switching, mainly because they were both just given tour series discs. I don't know how much money that is really bringing them, but just the acknowledgment from the company for their efforts may be enough to keep them around for a while.

Would LOVE to see Chris Dickerson slingin' some Innova plastic. If Prodigy doesn't make a strong push to keep him I could see him jumping potentially. Would also like to see Manubu Kajiyama make a switch to a company that will support him financially enough so he could tour full time in the US, although that seems unlikely.

Would be nice to see Cale Leiviska smoothing some discs in the air that I am more familiar with. He's a magician with those M4s and probably has contributed more to Prodigy sales than any other pro in their lineup.

Dickerson would be truly next level with some better plastic to throw.

Lol Austin will not be switching, he just got his name on the force

In fact, come to think of it, would DM snag a new pro? I dont think they are headhunting for an established pro. Their MO is much more in finding up and comers and seeing which of the diamonds in the rough they can polish.

In fact, come to think of it, would DM snag a new pro? I dont think they are headhunting for an established pro. Their MO is much more in finding up and comers and seeing which of the diamonds in the rough they can polish.

I don't think DM would go too far out of their way to sign someone new. Simon and Eagle are solid poster boys, and Dana Vicich and Nate Perkins made some feature and lead cards to give them more representation. Combine that with the fact that Innova pros (Paul) are throwing P2's and FD3's, I think DM is pretty well covered on the pro sponsor front.

Would LOVE to see Chris Dickerson slingin' some Innova plastic.

Would be nice to see Cale Leiviska smoothing some discs in the air that I am more familiar with. He's a magician with those M4s...

I didn't say that Dickerson would be better or that the plastic is superior (its not, but some of the molds are :p) but I rather enjoy seeing top pros throw molds I am familiar with.

I think the most likely move will be Madison to DD, other than that I don't see a ton of movement this off season.

We will see though. I would like to see Dickerson out on tour more, even though he played more events than nearly everyone, he didn't make to a lot of the big events. If that's personal preference then that's great, but if it's because he doesn't get the sponsorships to make it to all of those events then I would like to see him go to one of the other companies that might be able to provide that. He's a nice guy and an amazing player for sure.

If Innova moves Conrad to the Star team I don't see him moving any time soon. I don't imagine there is much difference in those top tier contracts from company to company unless you are Paul, Paige, or Ricky, possible Simon and a couple of others. i just can't imagine that DD or Lat can offer him much more than the Innova Star Team would give him.

Prodigy does seem to lose at least one big name a year, but this might be their year to break that trend, I doubt that Paul or Cat will leave unless there are things going on that no one knows about, haven't heard any grumblings of either of them being not happy with Prodigy.