• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

search

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

Have we reached the point in Disc Golf of contracts having buy-outs? Simon and Eagle both signed a 2-year deal with DM last year, wondering if someone like DD or Disccraft could buy them out - guessing we are not there yet...

Leads me to wonder when and who will be the first Disc Golfer to put a buy-out clause in a contract if another company is willing to pay and offer more cash. Would hate for an up and coming pro to sign a multi-year deal with low incentives, have a break out year and then be stuck in that low contract. Thankfully it appears most companies offer season by season contracts, but I do see multi-year as the "future".

Have we reached the point in Disc Golf of contracts having buy-outs? Simon and Eagle both signed a 2-year deal with DM last year, wondering if someone like DD or Disccraft could buy them out - guessing we are not there yet...

Leads me to wonder when and who will be the first Disc Golfer to put a buy-out clause in a contract if another company is willing to pay and offer more cash. Would hate for an up and coming pro to sign a multi-year deal with low incentives, have a break out year and then be stuck in that low contract. Thankfully it appears most companies offer season by season contracts, but I do see multi-year as the "future".

I'd guess that most of the contracts we see (or hear about) that are multi-year involve elite players.

If you're an "up and coming pro" with an entry level type deal, it isn't out of the question to get a mid season bump if performance dictates. I've even heard of some high level players getting "raises" during the season.

I'd guess that most of the contracts we see (or hear about) that are multi-year involve elite players.

If you're an "up and coming pro" with an entry level type deal, it isn't out of the question to get a mid season bump if performance dictates. I've even heard of some high level players getting "raises" during the season.

Didn't Austin Turner get bumped up mid-2017 season?

Not sure if Cam Todd had a contract with Innova back in the day, but wasn't part of the deal with Discraft (besides money), was that they had to make him a Roc and Aviar type disc (Wasp and Challenger)?

Not sure if Cam Todd had a contract with Innova back in the day, but wasn't part of the deal with Discraft (besides money), was that they had to make him a Roc and Aviar type disc (Wasp and Challenger)?

The wasp was clearly a Roc clone. I think the Challenger was made with Cam's and Worm's input.

anybody mentioned yet that Dollar's leaving L64?

edit: yes ... yes it has been mentioned lol

They might have let it slip on DG News and Brews that AJ Risley is going to DD. I am not reporting that as fact, just what I heard on there tonight.

Have we reached the point in Disc Golf of contracts having buy-outs? Simon and Eagle both signed a 2-year deal with DM last year...

Watching YouTube tournament coverage from 2012-current lately and noticed Ricky Wysocki was sporting Prodigy clothing (possibly discs too) until mid-spring or something of 2015, before he went to Latitude64.

They might have let it slip on DG News and Brews that AJ Risley is going to DD. I am not reporting that as fact, just what I heard on there tonight.

Looks like DD had a mission to sign a "best friend team" this off season if that rumor is true. They would only have missed out on Conrad from that group, who would have given them a male contender for 2018.

DD sponsorship seems to be almost exclusively personality based. Innova wants winners. What is the better recipe for selling frisbees? Only time will tell.....

DD sponsorship seems to be almost exclusively personality based. Innova wants winners. What is the better recipe for selling frisbees? Only time will tell.....

Oh I think DD wants that big name dude that wins, but they are all pretty locked down at the moment. I don't think they are intentionally not signing Paul, Ricky, Simon, Nate, etc, it's just not an option those dudes are pretty much locked into their sponsors.

Latest posts