• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I would definitely buy some Honeys and probably bag them.
But, I would have been more excited 5 years ago...

I feel that. I personally like them more than the Harp or Zone for the way it fits in my hand. Luckily I've been hounding them on facebook once or twice a year to see if they have any special runs of prototypes.

I think you are referring to the Nova.

Now that's a disc you never here about anymore. Curious if they even make those anymore. And the Atlas? Wasn't that their other "overmold". I'll give Innova credit for trying to steal other companies business AND not even attempting, in the slightest, to be subtle about it :D

But then again there's the Wrath and Fireball so...

Now that's a disc you never here about anymore. Curious if they even make those anymore. And the Atlas? Wasn't that their other "overmold". I'll give Innova credit for trying to steal other companies business AND not even attempting, in the slightest, to be subtle about it :D

Wonder if any disc in history has had a worse sale drop than the NOVA? When Paul was with Innova every single player a saw or knew had a NOVA in their bag. . .now you never see them--unless i look in my closet :)

Wonder if any disc in history has had a worse sale drop than the NOVA? When Paul was with Innova every single player a saw or knew had a NOVA in their bag. . .now you never see them--unless i look in my closet :)

Paul was lethal with them backhand. I want to say Bradley Williams threw one too, not like Paul did, but still.

Paul started flicking Zones for upshots and the Nova went the way of the Dodo. Paul was having trouble at times last year with the Zone for upshots. Does Discraft do double duty and make a clone of the Nova and Envy. Uranus plastic Malibu?

I think the Texas Cactus (Bradley Williams) is still throwing the Nova.

They have third overmold disc now: the Avatar.

https://infinitediscs.com/Innova-Avatar

Testament to Paul's ability to move plastic.

This reminds me of the meme when Ricky moved to Dynamic Discs. It went something like this: " And suddenly no one threw the Pig anymore". Lol.

"So what you're going to want to do is watch your disc…then you're going to want to watch it land…"

-brentjacobs, probably

I'm amazing at how many people don't watch the end of their tee shots and then wonder why they are always searching on every hole.

As for the Nova, it's a pretty cool disc, it just looks wonky.

I think that overmold is meant more to make the disc stick when it lands.

I'm amazing at how many people don't watch the end of their tee shots and then wonder why they are always searching on every hole.

As for the Nova, it's a pretty cool disc, it just looks wonky.

I think that overmold is meant more to make the disc stick when it lands.

I think the flight is useable for a lot of people, I didn't like how deep they feel. It also makes a weird sound when you hit anything. Like a "bonk" sort of sound.

I have never seen a disc break, but I have found two broken novas on the course. I started playing in 2020

I broke 3 last year. Then again I live in Michigan. One was in January, One in June and the other in November.

Speaking of not breaking, This Kickstarter is offering a 10-year no crack guarantee.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ediscs/full-line-of-essential-discs-for-disc-golf?ref=9l4a8w

I just snagged the glow pack. 14 discs in glow that fill out the entire bag was just too much to pass up.

That thing has been around for a good while (2 years maybe?) and they have probably sold about 12. They might not have sold that many Atlas.

I do still see people using the Nova though.

Atlas is an underrated disc. A few people local to me swapped their buzzzs for an Atlas. Would like to see Innova pick up a midrange favored player and them toss one. Is anybody on their team known for tossing mids anymore?

Seems like the Roc3 also had a loss of interest once Mcbeth left.

"So what you're going to want to do is watch your disc…then you're going to want to watch it land…"

-brentjacobs, probably

"don't worry about falling off the face of that cliff. It's really cracked after the brutal winter we had, I'm sure it's fine though"

Throwbot, probably :D

I broke 3 last year. Then again I live in Michigan. One was in January, One in June and the other in November.

Speaking of not breaking, This Kickstarter is offering a 10-year no crack guarantee.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ediscs/full-line-of-essential-discs-for-disc-golf?ref=9l4a8w

I just snagged the glow pack. 14 discs in glow that fill out the entire bag was just too much to pass up.

I used to break at least one or two KC pro rocs or aviars every winter (Michigan here too). The worst part is that the new ones would never break, it was always my older, seasoned and favorite ones. Eventually I figured out to swap in gstar rocs and softer putters (soft magnets, jk aviars) for my throwing aviars and haven't had that problem again. Been putting with the same pair of baseline P2s for years now and haven't broken one yet.

Are there numbers that back this up? I feel like I'd be surprised if they had any drop in sales, considering the sport's general explosion in numbers. Obviously they're not the titan they once were relative to the other manufacturers in the game, but isn't their customer base still growing?