• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Are you asking why she didn't take the offer that assumed a full tour and then spring the pregnancy on them later? I haven't seen a pro sports contract or anything, but I assume your activities aren't something you can be coy about, it's what you're actually negotiating.
Definitely. You're afforded legal protections while pregnant and as a new parent.

I don't think you are afforded those protections as a 1099 employee which I think is how most pro disc golfers are getting paid. That means they are basically self employed and working with these manufacturers as a subcontractor.
I agree, they are contractors and it just depends on how the contract is written. Paige Shue took some time off. She is a past world champion.

Definitely. You're afforded legal protections while pregnant and as a new parent.
It's not common to have paid maternity leave with employers. You do have the right to be able to go back to your job after your leave, but it being paid is not required and usually doesn't happen. It seems as though that may have been the case here? But without knowing the full details, it's hard to tell. We've only read one side of the story so far.

It's not common to have paid maternity leave with employers. You do have the right to be able to go back to your job after your leave, but it being paid is not required and usually doesn't happen. It seems as though that may have been the case here? But without knowing the full details, it's hard to tell. We've only read one side of the story so far.

Disc golf players aren't employees, so not the same situation.

4 pages ago i started reading about pregnancy. i really thought id have eagle news after reading. turns out, i know decent chunk about pregnancy and contracts now,

Bbq is SO 2022.

How about learning what items do you put ketchup/catsup on?

I'll go first I like ketchup on scrambled eggs. Yum!

My speculation is Gannon to Discmania and Eagle to DD or Latt64/House of Discs. Eagle won the DD open years ago and they need another top player because Ricky doesn't sell discs like Eagle can, IMO.

My speculation is Gannon to Discmania and Eagle to DD or Latt64/House of Discs. Eagle won the DD open years ago and they need another top player because Ricky doesn't sell discs like Eagle can, IMO.
Discmania is also under House of Discs.

Latest posts