• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I don't think that follows logically. As a person genuinely interested in promoting the ladies' side of the pro scene, Terry should be smarter about when and why he sings that tune. If you play the gender card when it doesn't make sense in context, that actually dilutes the perceived value of other, more valid points.

You proved his point.

giphy.gif

You inspired my avatar.

Do not this BIG contract create some jealousy within the team?

I mean here you are, you are a good player on an Elite Team..you have a Sig. disc, are on filmed lead cards from time to time. . .and in comes Paul and Paige, gets 4-5 Signature disc, a Tour series Disc, their own line of discs . . AND 3-5 times the pay

Wouldn't´t that sting just a little ?

And if you throw their discs, they get more exposure and get payed even more (an extreme example of this must be James Conrad. . every time he threw that JK Aviar and people bought it because of that..Juliana got the money )

So if you are a good Discraft player on a Jomez filmed card and throws Paul or Paiges disc..they get paid..not you

w

eh... who cares? it should be motivation to win 5 championships

also, i don't think JK is banking on JC aviars

I wonder if Discraft offered Paige and Paul a huge bonus if they both win 6x while being sponsored by them? That would be a great motivational aspect for both of them.

Do not this BIG contract create some jealousy within the team?

I mean here you are, you are a good player on an Elite Team..you have a Sig. disc, are on filmed lead cards from time to time. . .and in comes Paul and Paige, gets 4-5 Signature disc, a Tour series Disc, their own line of discs . . AND 3-5 times the pay

Wouldn't´t that sting just a little ?

And if you throw their discs, they get more exposure and get payed even more (an extreme example of this must be James Conrad. . every time he threw that JK Aviar and people bought it because of that..Juliana got the money )

So if you are a good Discraft player on a Jomez filmed card and throws Paul or Paiges disc..they get paid..not you

w

The rest of the Elite Team have a combined 0 pro world titles. I would think this is an instance of a rising tide lifting all boats. Paul (and now Paige) are getting a lot, but it is also bring a lot of good publicity to Discraft as a whole which means more opportunities for the other Elite team players.

It's a win win. Because even Paul was bagging Austin hannum forces and MJ was bagging a "kong" for a bit. They all use each other tour series discs which gives positive exposure, and more quality throwing choices.

Yet James Conrad still has beat in JK Aviar discs for wood shots and OB tight courses. JC I think are his putting putters more then anything.

Yes he has a mix of JK and JC Aviars in his bag . .but nice that he finally got a JC one

Yes he has a mix of JK and JC Aviars in his bag . .but nice that he finally got a JC one

I agree, James Conrad wanted an Aviar mold he could use more for putting as the JK he had to keep a spare Newer in disc for putting for non approach putts. Now James can use his newer putters when they get beat in more for regular putting duties as JC putters are more stiff putters that then get beat to JK type plastic flex when new.

I agree, James Conrad wanted an Aviar mold he could use more for putting as the JK he had to keep a spare Newer in disc for putting for non approach putts. Now James can use his newer putters when they get beat in more for regular putting duties as JC putters are more stiff putters that then get beat to JK type plastic flex when new.

giphy.gif

So let me get this straight...in a sport that is comprised almost entirely of men he's shocked that most of the criticism is coming from...wait for it...men? Also, isn't "ignored" a bit of an overstatement seeing how this move has generated a ton of buzz on the book of faces and the PDGA has Paiges photo in the background image on every page of their web site?

Women disc golfers might be under appreciated for sure but ignored? There's an awful lot of fellas that I hang with that can easily name as many FPO players as MPO players. I wouldn't exactly call that being ignored.
That's pretty weak from the Terr Bear. If anything, a thousand dudes whining about Pierce speaks testament to how much FPO has grown. 1000 dudes whine about where any major player is going/throwing. Paige isn't getting flack for being female, she's getting flack for being e l i t e. She's made it. Nobody gives a flip what Dustin Keegan is doing for example.
Looks like Paige herself is calling what she does design. She's not designing anything, she's giving them input on how she wants the disc to fly and feel. That's not design.

:wall:

I hope she does real well with her new contract! :clap:
I dunno, I designed a disc golf course but I didn't design the baskets, saws or shovel I used to make it. :\

She's the alpha and omega in terms of how that disc is supposed to be so I'd say she's deserving of a design credit.

I dunno, I designed a disc golf course but I didn't design the baskets, saws or shovel I used to make it. :\

She's the alpha and omega in terms of how that disc is supposed to be so I'd say she's deserving of a design credit.

You didn't tell someone you wanted a course that played a certain way, you designed it.

She will tell someone how she wants the disc to fly and feel and they will design that.

I don't know what shovels and saws have to do with it. :\

Just give up on arguing who "designs" the molds, but start giving credit to the injection molding experts for the tournaments & titles won using their plastic ;)

You didn't tell someone you wanted a course that played a certain way, you designed it.

She will tell someone how she wants the disc to fly and feel and they will design that.

I don't know what shovels and saws have to do with it. :\

If Paige didn't design her disc than Barak Obama definitely did not write this book:

iu

Latest posts