• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Not sure it's just a women's thing. DD/Trilogy seems to be hemorrhaging pros of every gender...

Dynamic Discs has more Juniors then most other companies. Maybe the thought is to try to retain these people once they went to MPO and FPO if they keep playing Disc Golf at a competitive level. That is not a great strategy and would about as odd as current strategy of signing on the social media disc golf players that throw only the three brands to the lower non full time touring tiers.

Zoe moving on from DD is more of a shock to me than Paige leaving, mainly because, with all due respect, who is going to give her a better sponsorship than DD? She's a 928 rated player with less than $2k in 2019 tour earnings.

After Paige Shue, that leaves Tina Oakley @ 891 rated and brought in $18.00 in 2019 tour earnings as the only other FPO pro on their touring team. Really is surprising to me because I (perhaps wrongly) assumed that FPO was a big thing for them. :confused:

They still have that redheaded Cynthia girl that killed it on Champs vs Chumps. She's like the female version of Arlinghaus, should be a household name fairly soon.

And at least they got rid of Keegan. Addition by subtraction. ;)

I thought you'd like that news... :popcorn:

Yeah, Mr. Rusco if you're reading this I am now willing to accept your sponsorship now that I won't be associated with Keegan. I'll throw anything you give me no matter how stupidly named they are.

Introducing the 2020 Brother Dave signature series Clerk of County Court! Whoop whoop let's get Dynamic, beaches!

They still have that redheaded Cynthia girl that killed it on Champs vs Chumps. She's like the female version of Arlinghaus, should be a household name fairly soon.

And at least they got rid of Keegan. Addition by subtraction. ;)

Cynthia Ricciotti. She seems to have a pretty solid game already.

Just curious, why do you dislike Keegan so much?

Cynthia Ricciotti. She seems to have a pretty solid game already.
At school she's doing wrestling over the wintertime. If the coach is making the team hit the weights (that's a wrestling thing, right?) then she'll be in pretty great shape come the springtime! She already throws pretty far, so that should be something to see.

Long-term DGCR posters have had this running debate for years that seemed to have been settled when Paul switched to Discraft.
We learned two things, at least:
1. It's the archer. PM switches to Discraft and wins a bunch, including Worlds in his first year with the new plastic.
2. It's the arrow. PM switches to Discraft and disc sales go through the roof.

It'll be interesting to see if DD jettisoning and losing most of their talent will harm their disc sales.
Only Jeremy will see the sales figures, so we may never know, but it'll be interesting to see if they go recruiting next year...

Scott Stokely to DD.

This is actually quite surprising. I thought Stokely was basically done with disc golf, focusing on his IT-business. Also, his personality and um... history is kind of different than the style / public image of DD. However, a really solid player and pretty much a legend in the sport for those who remember.

I dunno. I think only the superstars sway disc sales. The "average pro" not so much.

I can agree with that.
However, having a DD or Prodigy star or Discraft logo on your shirt when you are lead card is so, so value-added.
Then again, having Robert McCall or BigDaddy or Eric McCabe or "cringe" AJ Risley shilling DD while on video commentary is also a big bonus.
Eh, we'll see...

Scott Stokely to DD.

Really? Any link to the official announcement?

This is actually quite surprising. I thought Stokely was basically done with disc golf, focusing on his IT-business. Also, his personality and um... history is kind of different than the style / public image of DD. However, a really solid player and pretty much a legend in the sport for those who remember.

Yah...if you follow him he has certainly been riding an emotional roller coaster in recent years. Met him a couple of years back, seems like a super nice guy. He's been trying a few things business wise, gives a needy kind of vibe if I'm being honest. Disc golf wise, he seems to want to tour again. Shot a 1030 rated round and even beat Matt Bell in his first round of the year.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/43755

Will be interesting to see if he continues to tour and play in the masters division. Anyone know how old he is?

Luke Humphries to Prodigy per Instabook and Facegram

I'm stoked to announce that for the 2020-2021 seasons, I've taken my place on Team Prodigy. This decision was not taken lightly, or made quickly, as it was important to me to find a company whose goals and values aligned with my visions for the future. Through the process, Prodigy's dedication to growth, and commitment to innovation have shown to be in direct alignment with my goals moving forward.

With an unbelievable team on the course, and behind the scenes, their desire to support athletes like myself and grow together was a key factor in this decision. Communication has been refreshingly candid, and already I feel a part of something special. I want to specifically thank Charlie Cavalier for making this transition as smooth as possible, and look forward to partnering with this amazing company.

The discs feel phenomenal, and the lines they throw are really impressive. My bag is already coming together nicely, and soon I'll be able to give you a peak at what I'm digging on.

So this year Dynamic discs lost Paige Pierce, Missy Gannon, Zoe Andyke, Dustin Keegan, Zach Arlinghaus, Peter McBride, and Jordan Castro.

They picked up...Scott Stokely.

Did I miss anyone?