• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

I commented in a different thread. I picked up a Red, 173g. It's the same sticky, squeeky plastic only more rigid. I was expecting it to be more chalky like some of the pros had commented on in some videos. It's not chalky as I understand the meaning. It has a tad higher shoulder which is more comfortable but still a flat top. It won't be replacing my supersoft Wizards anytime soon.

Many here waited for the Classic Hard Judge. It has been up on DD site
for some time now, but nobody is writing about it here. Nobody tried it yet?

I've tried it but never threw the softs so I don't know what to compare it to.

The profile's already been discussed, but it seemed less to me like the shape of a wizard rather than more like a low profile aviar. That is to say, the underside of the nose of a wizard is pretty curved and virtually identical to the top of the nose. The Judge's underside is basically flat from the parting line to the bead, like an aviar, but it's not as tall.

The plastic feels virtually identical to gateway soft to me. Stiff, but grippy. On drives, it seemed to fly pretty darned straight. Less overstablility than a wizard. I got one in Fuzion plastic at the same time. It had significantly more dome and flew almost exactly like an extra glidey wizard. Not as overstable as an aviar or challenger, but longer.

4510tkr-the-judge.jpg

This is the only judge that will ever be in my bag

Those things are massive. I wouldn't want to carry the extra weight.

It will shoot shot gun shells i just need to get close...The circle it the splatter pattern :)..The weight isnt that bad. I ace everything it only takes one shot ;)

I've tried it but never threw the softs so I don't know what to compare it to.

The profile's already been discussed, but it seemed less to me like the shape of a wizard rather than more like a low profile aviar. That is to say, the underside of the nose of a wizard is pretty curved and virtually identical to the top of the nose. The Judge's underside is basically flat from the parting line to the bead, like an aviar, but it's not as tall.

The plastic feels virtually identical to gateway soft to me. Stiff, but grippy. On drives, it seemed to fly pretty darned straight. Less overstablility than a wizard. I got one in Fuzion plastic at the same time. It had significantly more dome and flew almost exactly like an extra glidey wizard. Not as overstable as an aviar or challenger, but longer.

Sounds good. I like the Soft Plastic from Gateway.
I would love to get a Fuzion, but I guess I have to wait untill they hit the stores.

Just got a stack of firm first runs.

STIFF. like, medium wizard/kc stiff. Still grippy but not soft grippy obviously, like a bar stamp challenger some tack.

Took 100 putts from 20-25 ft, made 95. Indoors though no wind. I'll take them outside tomorrow. For reference I'm usually about 90% with challengers (no, that doesn't transfer to the course lol).

Just putting, they fly awesome. Seem to push forward a lot and have zero wobble or clean release issues, something I have with big bead putters. Seemed like a 20 foot putt would power through to over 30 with the same effort, not glide-y but pushed forward with purpose.

They marred easily but have no dings or scratches just discolored scuffs. Seem extremely durable.

Shape/feel: not as low profile as the softs but not bad. Very, verrry mild dome. The kind that breaks in to flat. I usually like low or sunk top putters but these felt good after getting used to them. People have said they are similar to a wizard, I disagree. The bottom half of the wing is very slightly scooped not bullet shaped like the wiz. To me it is an exact copy of a banger gt with no groove top... not a bad thing.

I try not to gush over new discs immediately but... these do not suck.

Just ordered two firms. I cannot recall a putter i was this excited to throw. for no good reason i was trying to avoid dd discs. but these judge reviews and the new firm was the tipping point for me. ordered tow silver/grey cannot wait to toss them next week!!

Got a classic soft in my Lat misprint pack. Played 1 round with it, and I'd say the disc is already an 8/10. If I were to sell it, I'd rate on the conservative side, but man does it seem to beat in quickly. Anyone else experience this with the Judge?

Today I decided to try out my soft judge with some putting practice. I have been using the same organic wizard as my main putter for over a year now. My judge after 20 minutes of practice is in way worse shape then my wizard. I really like the feel of the classic soft plastic but damn does this plastic just not hold up. I can not seem to find any more wizards that feel the same as the ones I already have and though they last me a long time, I want a putter I can just go and buy another that feels the same as what I am looking for.

Just got 2 swirly grey classic judges. The grip on these is very nice. Squished wizard is a great comparison. Felt right. I will say I forgot about the "bruising" zero has. About 30 putts in the basement looks like it has a full season on it. All cosmetic as everything is still very smooth. I think I may have found my new putter. Based on feel alone which is huge these just feel right in my hands. Gotta stock up.

Today I decided to try out my soft judge with some putting practice. I have been using the same organic wizard as my main putter for over a year now. My judge after 20 minutes of practice is in way worse shape then my wizard. I really like the feel of the classic soft plastic but damn does this plastic just not hold up. I can not seem to find any more wizards that feel the same as the ones I already have and though they last me a long time, I want a putter I can just go and buy another that feels the same as what I am looking for.

This is one of my problems too. I've had the same set of 4 soft wizards for the last 3 seasons. They have all lost their late fade now and I can't find anymore like this run. So I am now putting with some magnets until I can get a couple of the classic(firm) judges in to try.

Firm judges are best so far. Haven't thrown the fusion yet. Can't wait till the zone clone comes out. I became recently fond of pro pigs, and I hope the new zone from DD pushes out the pork.

Back on topic. Judge has replaced my wizards. (Losing my go to wizard helped the cause a little). Nice and straight, predictable fade at end. Soft ones beat up fast, but if you like soft plastic unlike me you will enjoy these.

Only downside is my inability to drive with putters well period. I gridlocked the piss out of my FR firm judge, and SPLASH! Gonzo

I have a 2 soft judges, 1 first run and 1 production, that I specifically been use for driving and they have been holding up fine for me. I even went to a fairly wooded course and hit them up against trees. They scuffed and dinged but kept their form nicely. It does seem the production one seems to be a little bit better when it comes to taking a hit.

Bought a Classic Soft Judge today and used it as part of a two-disc round. Probably somewhere between 40-50 throws then, on a fairly open course (maybe one tree hit?).

I had some pretty decent drives with it. It feels like a shallow Wizard, as some have said, although the flight reminds me more of an Anode. Nice feel in the hand, too, although I've never had a problem with the somewhat-deeper Wizard.

I also agree with those that have noted how quickly it is beating in. Much faster than my various base-plastic Wizards have. Hopefully the damage is more cosmetic.

who fkn cares if there are multiple threads this must be everyone's first internet forum or something jesus.