• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

Got my soft and classic in today. Right off the bat I can tell soft is too soft for me. The classic feels nice though.

Got my soft and classic in today. Right off the bat I can tell soft is too soft for me. The classic feels nice though.

That's how I felt at first.. I started putting with my one and only soft classic and I've gotten used to it. I'm already using the classic hard for driving, so I might take out my Wizards (which I never thought I'd do) and just have one single putter mold for all purposes... except for crazy windy days I would keep my Hardline Sinus.

I love the softs from farther out, I get a little extra spin with the soft and can toss it farther with the same effort. It just lays into the chains.

I have had my hard black judges in the yard now for three weeks. They are softening up really nice. The grip has become tackier? Also the flight plate is more flexxy. Dang these are great putters, I can hardly walk past one without bringing it home.

I think the judge has an obsession with chains, it loves them!!

I use a soft to putt and a fuzion for long upshots and drives.

The fuzion is very very straight unless i put some height on it and then it will have a slow forward fade.

Got my first ace today and it was with the Judge. Classic hard @ 218'. Hole # 12 Bayville DG. I've hit the same basket on 3 occasions and finally got one to stick. Had a feeling my 1st ace would be with the Judge.

Got my first ace today and it was with the Judge. Classic hard @ 218'. Hole # 12 Bayville DG. I've hit the same basket on 3 occasions and finally got one to stick. Had a feeling my 1st ace would be with the Judge.
Nice! Beat me to it. I've hit cage twice with my hard judge. I will ace that dang hole this year!! Nice ace!

I hate to say anything is a definite since I always jinx myself, but I think the Judge has definitely become my go-to putter.

I've long thrown Voodoos and Anodes and love them for their predictable straight line and glide, but I always felt they were just a touch too deep to be completely comfortable. The Judge is that same straight line putter that's a little more shallow with just a touch less glide and the slightest tick more HSS. I also don't like beads generally, but for some reason the Judge's bead doesn't really feel like a bead to me. It's so wide and thick that it almost feels like another rim and gives me a couple of comfortable options on where to place my index finger, depending on the type of shot being made.

I've not felt up the Soft's, but between the regular Classics and the Fuzion, they feel about perfect in my hand. Plus they've been bangin' the chains like no other! Confidence level has risen a ton with the Judge.

Nice! Beat me to it. I've hit cage twice with my hard judge. I will ace that dang hole this year!! Nice ace!

Thank you sir. Can't honestly say it was the best throw I've ever made, but my 1st ace none the less.

I've really been liking the grip these bad boys have now that it's hot. They just soak up any perspiration that might be on one's hands. 0 slipage.

Thank you sir. Can't honestly say it was the best throw I've ever made, but my 1st ace none the less.

I've really been liking the grip these bad boys have now that it's hot. They just soak up any perspiration that might be on one's hands. 0 slipage.

Agreed they actually get better. I was putting in some light rain the other night and the grip was te best I have felt when wet. Didn't affect my putts at all. My neighbors probably thought I am wierd though. It's Wisconsin so I'm okay.

After a 2 week experiment I'm going back to my Wizards. Just don't feel the need to change putters right now. Judge is alright but wasn't a game changer for me.

Played 6 holes w/my daughters today and my Judges were a bit on the frustrating side. Had one throw that actually went down into the basket and slid around and hopped out. A couple of hits against the bottom of the basket or the top above the chains, followed by about a 10' roll down a hill. One time I hit the metal above the chains, then it hit the top of the basket, did not go in. Ganging the height of my throws w/the Judges is a bit odd, I don't recall ever hitting the top of a basket ever w/my Wizard or Ion. I love the feel of the Judges, but I've been using them for about 3 weeks and keep having major ups and down with them.

Alright im no expert on judges, but i just got a second one today from a trade and i noticed that its a different plastic from my classic hard. Its not the classic soft, i know that for sure. It feels just like kc pro plastic and the stamp on it is different.

Here is a pic of the one i got in a trade with a different stamp sitting next to my white classic hard judge.

2013-07-24 17.32.10.jpg

What is it exactly? Ive heard something about a different blend before.. but thats about it.

Been using the Judge as my putting putter for the last couple of weeks and I'm really liking it. It's a black Classic Soft, can't decide if I should name it Dredd or Wapner.

For all you DD fanboys I now see the light!! I have thrown the Truth and Verdict and my biofuzion trespass are ordered, So I'd like some insight about the Judge. I am coming from throwing and putting challengers what can I expect from the judge vs a challenger? They both are on the shallower side and beaded. Anybody make the switch from challengers to judges? how did it go?

Shouldn't be hard to make that switch. The judge will feel thinner in the hand and go straighter when new but that's about it.

I went from challengers to judges and the only think I had to get use to was the bead on the judge. But that didn't take long. driving,they are both very similar in flight. putting, the judge seems to need a little more height on putts then the challenge.

Judge vs: challenger, for me:

Putting: judge is more stable at 40+ feet, you may need to putt with a touch more anny, account for more hyzer, or whatever. they drop more so aim higher, but also have a little more glide... hard to explain... similar but slightly different. they hold up better into a headwind, and seem less likely to go past the basket on bad misses.

driving: more stable than current runs of challengers. better feel in the hand, seem to go further on drives and upshots. hold hyzers beautifully, come out of anny's.

anyone else having a hard time beating one of these into a flippy anny driver? i have a softie from 6 months ago.. it's pretty beat but still pulls out of an anny on 150-200ft shots. should i beat the hell out of a hard classic or keep going with the soft?

Judge vs: challenger, for me:

Putting: judge is more stable at 40+ feet, you may need to putt with a touch more anny, account for more hyzer, or whatever. they drop more so aim higher, but also have a little more glide... hard to explain... similar but slightly different. they hold up better into a headwind, and seem less likely to go past the basket on bad misses.

driving: more stable than current runs of challengers. better feel in the hand, seem to go further on drives and upshots. hold hyzers beautifully, come out of anny's.

anyone else having a hard time beating one of these into a flippy anny driver? i have a softie from 6 months ago.. it's pretty beat but still pulls out of an anny on 150-200ft shots. should i beat the hell out of a hard classic or keep going with the soft?

I have a hard classic that Ive used for drives for about 3 months. Ive hit some trees with it, but never any close ones (mostly 150-200 foot out when I hit them). It turned into a flippy anny driver. I have since skipped it off a road in the park playing, and it has now become so flippy its almost unusable. So just keep working what you have, it will get there. Just avoid the gravel roads.

I've got a hard that definitely has some turn to it now. It's also slightly softer then my other fresher ones. I've been using it for a ton of putter only rounds and as my main putter since I went to judges a couple of months ago. I really need to retire it as it is the only disc I have aced with, but it's too good for putting.