• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The longest you've looked for a disc.

justindfpr

Par Member
3 hours. The story behind it kinda explains the time spent looking. I'm pretty deep into Discraft. Theres always been a few Innova discs I wanted to try but could never bring myself to buy them. So my fiance goes out and buys me a Star Boss knowing it was the main Innova disc I wanted to try. So after a month I'm bombing the thing every chance I get. I end up throwing it into the "bermuda triangle" on our course. It shouldn't be very hard to find a disc in this grass and trees but somehow this area swallows more discs than anywhere else excluding the water. 2 days later they mow the grass. I was hoping they ran it over because that means nobody has it. 99% of lost discs at our course do not get returned. I've been tempted to start holding finds hostage until I get mine back assuming the disc belongs to someone who has one of mine. So far there are no prisoners in my possession. Just disc with names that don't call me back when attempting to return the disc.

Usually give up after about 20-30 mins!!!! BUt I have marked where they got lost!! And came back a week later then found it!!!!! I guess it depends on what disc and location of where it was lost!!!

I have spent 2 hours before...my new discraft Flick...flattest thing I have ever owned and LOVED it..tomahawk'd it under some leaves and couldnt find it!! Lost my keys in the process so went to lowes and "rented" a leaf blower to find my keys...found the keys but not the disc! go figure! lol....few months later someone found the disc and dropped it off at my work all the way across town!!

Looking in the same spot at a different time of day often helps because the sun and shadow angles are different.

I spent about an hour looking for a brand new Champ Viking that I lost on the very first throw. I concluded that it must have gone into the creek. It came back about a year later when someone else lost a disc and found several while looking.

30 to 40 minutes when i threw my first ever champion plastic disc (valkyrie), it turned out it was stuck in a tree directly above where i was looking. Now i always look up first!

45 minutes is about my record ... although I lost one in the trees at Dolese late one evening and stopped by on the way to work the next day and sure enough, the wind had blown it down and it was just sitting there waiting for me to pick it up again :)

I was out with my uncle a few weeks ago and he launched one on a nice knife hyzer line that we all thought landed near the hole. it was a good shot. I always wait until the owner of the disc gives it up before I stop looking. IMO, it's not my call to make. after looking about 30 (a little past my limit) he finally gives it up. As we are walking away another discer comes up and asks if we had seen his disc. We said no, and then he mentions in passing that he heard it hit the ground so he knows it wasn't in a tree. Well, you know what happened next, I turned around and saw it within 10 seconds. Remember to always look up!

I was playing Burke Lake in November. At the time both my understable discs were yellow. This is fine in California but in Virginia in Autumn? Not such a great color. There was this gentle right turning hole. I threw my Sidewinder at it. It turned towards the basket and disappeared under the leaves 50 feet from the hole. I looked for over an hour and I finally found it 2 feet from the basket under the leaves. That means it slid under leaves for about 50 feet. Crazy.

Probably 45 minutes.....but not timed - it felt like 90 minutes so I am guessing. It was for a perfectly beat-in Roc, my go-to disc.

Stangely, lots of times when I give up I stumble on the disc I was looking for.

lost my favorite old proline leopard in the creek at hawk hollow- went back every day for about a week until the water got low enough to find it.

45 minutes probably....god I hate losing plastic! On a side note I had a disc returned to me after 4 yrs lost....that was pretty funny!

45 minutes probably....god I hate losing plastic! On a side note I had a disc returned to me after 4 yrs lost....that was pretty funny!

that's awesme! If I got my first disc back (150 g Champ Valk lost at my home course about 3-4 years ago) it would make my year. That thing got me into the sport and I spent a ton of drawing on it. I would know it in a second.

did you have to buy it back or did you have it inked and he found you?

Most of my lost discs have happened when we try to squeeze in one more round before it gets too dark to see. Usually this means around hole 6 (out of nine) it is too dark unless all shots stay in the center of the fairway. So when we lose a disc in the twilight hours, it pays to go back the next morning, we have found a couple this way. (30 min searching when lost, 2 min the next morning) This also works if the disc is up a tree, chances are its laying in the grass the next morning.

2 days. Twice. Well over 3 hours each time.

First was time was for my original go to disc, a 150g Champion Leopard, the Chameleon. A tie dye in in shades of brown and burnt orange and a pale yellow color. This disc was unbelievable at how easily it could hide. Anywhere and everywhere. I can't understand why Innova would use such earth tones together.

chameleon001.jpg

chameleon002.jpg

We spent well over 2 hours looking for it the first day. That night I honestly had a dream about where it was hiding. The next day after about an hour I found it almost exactly like the spot in my dream. :eek: So like the dumb a$$ that I am I decided to throw it from where it was. I did afterall have a bit of a shot. Lost it again. :mad: Another hour search and found it. So instead of cutting my losses and going back home what do I do? Of course throw it again. Lost again. :mad: After a short search. Cut my losses and I went home.

The other time was for a perfectly worn in Star Destroyer. First disc I could regularly if not consistently get over 300ft. Bright green. Another 2 day event with hours of searching. Never did find that one.

Probably about 30 minutes for me. If I can't find it in that amount of time, then probably nobody will. I pride myself on my incredible vision for finding lost discs, if only I could use that to find the basket on my drives.

Stangely, lots of times when I give up I stumble on the disc I was looking for.

That does seem to happen a lot. I even tried to pretend I was giving up expecting to see it as I walked away. To whoever mentioned looking at a different time of day. Tried that too. I rarely lose discs so its really hard for me to give up. By now somebody has found it. Really bothers me when enough time passes that you know it had to be found and a strange number never shows up on your phone.

1.5 at Lakewood, WA. on hole 5. A beautiful star beast with a de laveaga stamp. Shame cause I never found it.

Latest posts