• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

I just noticed they were flat top, so bummer there. Thanks for the info in general. I may try one if I ever stumble across a non flat top.

I recently purchased some Rocs to work with this year. Picked up a couple Marshall Street flat tops from the 12th run. Very nice, very flat, no plus rims. I also purchased a couple 12x KC Pros from DGU. Moderately domey, plus rims, these will be absolute money. I like modern Rocs in any shape or form.

When did Innova start using plus mold in R-Pro Rocs? I hate the plus mold but I like softer plastic. I managed to find one R-Pro with regular rim and I love it. I want to find more!

When did Innova start using plus mold in R-Pro Rocs? I hate the plus mold but I like softer plastic. I managed to find one R-Pro with regular rim and I love it. I want to find more!
:confused: R-Pro was always the Roc+, wasn't it? I've never seen an R-Pro Roc that wasn't a Roc+.

So I just picked up an unthrown 2013 USDGC champ Roc (Free Spirit stamp). I got it from DDGA for $26 shipped, which I just couldn't pass up! Now I've got to decide whether I'm going to throw it in the near or mid term future or collect it. I've thrown the 2015 USDGC Rocs, but no other years. I find the 2015's to be mildly overstable, basically straight with a nice fade. They're a little more trusty and better for skips than my DX's, but not super overstable. Can anyone tell me how the 2013's fly? Are they more OS or less OS than the 2013's? From the pics, the one I got looks to be less domey than the 2015's I have.

Did a quick bit of Googling and found this post from Vegan Ray (talk about a blast from the past) on DGR in 2010 when the mold was released.

Per Dave D. (on PDGA Board) said:
Q: Are the new r pro Rocs the regular rancho mold or something else? Thanks
A: I believe they were made with the Rancho + mold.

And a handful of posts down the line...
Lithicon said:
The R-Pro in mids and putter doesn't wear, IT'S NOT THE SAME AS THE DRIVER PLASTIC. People need to get this **** out of their heads. It's much more rubbery and nothing like driver mold R-Pro which is stiffer and chews up like everyone relates ALL R-Pro plastic to. It's simple, R-Pro is more durable than DX in terms of Mids and putter, PERIOD.

I've had an R-Pro CFR Ontario mold Roc for a while and it doesn't beat in. It has 1-2 small nicks but nothing else. While that's kind of the point of a Roc to beat in, it's also nice to have one that keeps that stability. Kind of like a champ Roc but not. It's really not that much different from Glo Roc feel in grip and it's not quite floppy, but mine has more dome to it as the Ontario's did. Flies just like any other Ontario Roc I've thrown, but I mainly use it in really windy conditions or mainly Trick shot flicks and stuff like that, as my KC's get more use in the wind. I was afraid the new R-Pro's were going to be the Roc+ and knew it would bring all sorts of terrible crap out about R-pro again.

Last edited:
So I just picked up an unthrown 2013 USDGC champ Roc (Free Spirit stamp). I got it from DDGA for $26 shipped, which I just couldn't pass up! Now I've got to decide whether I'm going to throw it in the near or mid term future or collect it. I've thrown the 2015 USDGC Rocs, but no other years. I find the 2015's to be mildly overstable, basically straight with a nice fade. They're a little more trusty and better for skips than my DX's, but not super overstable. Can anyone tell me how the 2013's fly? Are they more OS or less OS than the 2013's? From the pics, the one I got looks to be less domey than the 2015's I have.

I've got the tribal or wardance one and it's allot flatter and more hss.

I've got the tribal or wardance one and it's allot flatter and more hss.

Haha, finally, thank you! I bumped the thread today to ask a question and immediately everyone piled into a discussion that ended a week ago and not a single actual answer to my question until now. This is a very DGCR problem.

Haha, finally, thank you! I bumped the thread today to ask a question and immediately everyone piled into a discussion that ended a week ago and not a single actual answer to my question until now. This is a very DGCR problem.

You could have just thrown the one you have for an immediate answer.

You could have just thrown the one you have for an immediate answer.

I won't have it for a few days; it's in the mail. If it's identical to my 2015's then I'm not going to throw it (at least for a while) because I've got only 1 of it and 3 2015's. That's why I wanted the opinion on whether it was significantly different (worth throwing and bagging immediately) or basically the same (save it for later).

What color stamp? Pearly merlot or non-pearly? Full Free Spirit stamp or Mini?

Or you could just give me the disc number.

What color stamp? Pearly merlot or non-pearly? Full Free Spirit stamp or Mini?

Or you could just give me the disc number.

It's the full Free Spirit stamp, not the mini. I believe it was pearly and the stamp was silver, but the DDGA auction page has been taken down now so I can't confirm that (or the disc number, which was in the auction as well). Tracking info says I will get it on Saturday so I can be sure then.

Latest posts