• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

I recently picked up another Star Ontario Roc on auction. I have been wanting to have it in my bag for so long, but I am also so scared of losing the two that I have that I have bagged other discs instead. So, now having a new Star Ontario Roc, I put it back in the bag for a good trial run.

How flat are those? And how slanted are the rims?

I just got 2 "Born To Roc" USDGC Rocs in the mail yesterday. The champ plastic is really soft and flexible compared to my other USDGC Rocs which tend to be pretty firm and rigid. I can't to let one of these rip later, just need to decide to throw the red one or the yellow one :\

Every time I watch Philo play I want to grab a stack of dx rocs. Recently grabbed two and quickly reminded me I'm not Philo. :(

But man a dx roc flight is a thing of beauty even in my hands.

Every time I watch Philo play I want to grab a stack of dx rocs. Recently grabbed two and quickly reminded me I'm not Philo. :(

But man a dx roc flight is a thing of beauty even in my hands.

Thrash that Roc, and the flights get even prettier.

From Legacy.

Yeah dude, excel ghosts are pretty great. They feel like super stiff Dx rocs, and the protege ghosts are almost identical to the older super stiff KC pros. I think the gravity plastic is closer to current Dx, but I have a small sample size. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone know if there is a good recent run of kc rocs around I could stock up on? Wondering if it's worth spending the bit extra and trying to find older ones or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if there is a good recent run of kc rocs around I could stock up on? Wondering if it's worth spending the bit extra and trying to find older ones or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The current run yellow KC Pro's have been good for a while. Fairly stiff and moderate dome that does not have the drum beat.

Recent KC Glows are pretty decent. Don't start super OS, but enough and season predictable. Moderately dome, Not too wacy or chalky, reasonably straight rims.

Just picked up a purple DX Rancho (embossed on bottom, fwiw) from a local shop and am pretty impressed. Mild dome, no drumbeat, reasonably firm. Pretty beefy to start.

Just picked up a purple DX Rancho (embossed on bottom, fwiw) from a local shop and am pretty impressed. Mild dome, no drumbeat, reasonably firm. Pretty beefy to start.

Local PIAS has some like this...might grab one for fun...

Out practicing throws over a slight hill with some trees yesterday with my practice basket at about 120', and my 180 DX went straight on in.

Haven't ran across this run yet, but the dx glow rocs I've seen recently have felt nice. Almost picked one up on a couple of occasions and just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Haven't ran across this run yet, but the dx glow rocs I've seen recently have felt nice. Almost picked one up on a couple of occasions and just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I felt up some current run DX Glows at the same shop and they felt pretty good as well.

The Sannies are special runs of Rocs that don't fight wind nearly as well as the Ranchos. They're more understable and a different mold than regular prodution Rocs. When people just say "Roc" they're normally talking about Rancho Rocs, which are the normal DX and KC Rocs.

Agreed
And always remember that no one mold of any disc no matter the plastic is identical some are just more consistent. And the more domey a disc the more glide and understable it will be. Hard flatsare gonna be more over stable. Ive bought ranchos that were slightly domed and they had little to no fade before ever hitting anything. So you need to learn your plastic profiles because this goes for every disc in your bag. Idc who makes it. Ex:12xkc pro flat top firebird is a meat hook. But most sexton firebirds got that slight pop top. Gives them a little more glide and not quite as os alowing a little more distance before the hard fade. But you also lose out on that big skip shot you would get from the flat top 12xkc pro. As it is used more as a utility disc for alot of people. As why you may see people carrying multiplemolds of the firebird. Same goes for teebirds and just about every other disc you will pick up. And they all beat in eventually and slowly change. And no matter what people say dx and pro plastic are must haves in all your favorite disc. They are cheap and not as durable but the grip is great for finess and can be beat into great hyzer flip disc for playing wooded courses.and longeranhyzer shots. Slightly understable mids and fairway drivers is what you want for tunnel shots and those winding shots. Also for uphill shots and tail wind shots always go understable and dont force them over practice and learn to let the disc do the work. SLOW IS SMOOTH. AND SMOOTH IS FAR. AND IN ORDER TO THROW ANY DISC SUCCESSFULLY,THE ROC ESPECIALLY. YOU MUST LIVE BY THAT EVERY TIME YOU BEND OVER TO PICK OUT THE NEXT SHOT..

If you get a buzzz strictly for forehand purposes go with a max weight. Actually if you het a buzzz period the only way to go is the FLEX ESP BUZZZ. Best buzzz ever released. Hands down. I had on lost it. Got my friend to start playing he tried a roc and a flex esp buzzz. He chose the BUZZZ. I have never in all my years seen somebody hit so many aces and field aces with one disc. Forehand back hand. It doesn't matter. Point shoot thats where its going with a predictable slight fade. It has so much high speed glude then it just suddenly stalls and falls in the baskets. He has hit 100s of trees and it is still flying like it was whenever he got it. The plastic is by far discraft best feeling model of the buzzz

Yeah u are also having yo yhrow 3 completely different disc yhat fit uour hands completely different. Thats yhe point of a roc. Its the same feeling everytime. All you gotta do is now hoe yo properly throw a disc

Three Roc Molds for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Disc Golf where the Shadows lie.
One Buzzz to rule them all, One Buzzz to find them,
One Buzzz to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Disc Golf where the Shadows lie.

Os that why they noe have 3 molds of the buzzz and in how many different types of plastic?