• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick tip to help you out if you hit the "+ button next to the quote button on every post you want to reply to it will quote all the posts in one so you can just answer in between the quotes of various people instead of making a new post for each one.

I do it this way so people can skim for their question easier.

Paul, you are one of the most personable pros out there. I was rooting for you or MJ to win the worlds. When you played worlds in '08 in Kalamazoo, out of all of the courses, which one did you prefer to play the most? Also the next time you are in Texas, you should swing by Abilene and play the courses we have there.

BTW, you and MJ are awesome for willing to put yourself out there like this and answer any question.

If you were going to assemble a "Frankenstein" disc golfer using various abilities of pros who would you choose for:

Putting <40:Ulibarri
Putting 40+:Wysocki
Up shots:Feldberg
Midrange:Locastro
Flicks:Koling
Distance:Wiggins
Getting out of trouble:Doss
Throwing form:Champ
Way with the ladies:Leviska

You wouldn't put yourself anywhere in there? I'd probably put you in as one of the putters..Probably you and Nikko putting if he's allowed his Wizards/Magics which he should this year...?

Paul, you are one of the most personable pros out there. I was rooting for you or MJ to win the worlds. When you played worlds in '08 in Kalamazoo, out of all of the courses, which one did you prefer to play the most? Also the next time you are in Texas, you should swing by Abilene and play the courses we have there.

BTW, you and MJ are awesome for willing to put yourself out there like this and answer any question.

thank you, I would say the one on the ski slope

paul, i asked mj pretty much the same question, which is:

what was it like for you playing the first time with the champ on your card? i know we've all watched video of ken climo while learning the game and see his name plastered all over the discs we buy - was it intimidating at all for you or did you already have your game face on and were totally zoned in for the challenge?

if you've ever been inside the innova factory at rancho? if so, can you give us a general idea how cool was that? were there tons of oop, rare discs laying everywhere? on a related note it's interesting how every couple of months innova suddenly 'finds' a box or two of oop rare discs (like 11x firebirds a little ago)!

interesting that you drive a patriot - sounds like it would be a cool name for a new legacy disc! ;)

yep, jon jones is a force of nature! i've been a martial artist all my life and i am just amazed at his speed and instinct - he's like anderson silva with even more raw tenacity and yet still even more 'finishing power'.

in a couple of years he has stated he would probably move up to heavyweight. as talented as he is i can't see him beating alistair overeem. at 6' 5' and 255 lbs the 'reem' is born again hard - punches like mike tyson, outstanding jiu jitsu skills and knees that are pretty much unstoppable.

a couple of pics!

bbmagoct2011better_zps0af1841c.jpg

what was it like for you playing the first time with the champ on your card? i know we've all watched video of ken climo while learning the game and see his name plastered all over the discs we buy - was it intimidating at all for you or did you already have your game face on and were totally zoned in for the challenge?

if you've ever been inside the innova factory at rancho? if so, can you give us a general idea how cool was that? were there tons of oop, rare discs laying everywhere? on a related note it's interesting how every couple of months innova suddenly 'finds' a box or two of oop rare discs (like 11x firebirds a little ago)!

interesting that you drive a patriot - sounds like it would be a cool name for a new legacy disc! ;)

yep, jon jones is a force of nature! i've been a martial artist all my life and i am just amazed at his speed and instinct - he's like anderson silva with even more raw tenacity and yet still even more 'finishing power'.

in a couple of years he has stated he would probably move up to heavyweight. as talented as he is i can't see him beating alistair overeem. at 6' 5' and 255 lbs the 'reem' is born again hard - punches like mike tyson, outstanding jiu jitsu skills and knees that are pretty much unstoppable.

a couple of pics!

Jon Jones has to get through Chael Sonnen first! :)

a couple of pics!

Playing with the champ was fun because I realy didn't know who he was.i was just a 17 year old kid playing a game. Since then I've come to learn howe lucky I truly am to even have that opportunity.

Yes I have been to the Innova factory, honestly they don't have CE or oop disc laying around. Its actually workers who own the old stashes of discs.

I was at a event with the Rico and I was talking to steve in my new car an he asked what it was and said "patriot" that sounds like a great name for a discs. Thats how that happened.

I see jones taking out Overeem, I dont think overeem has the stamina to hang with Jones. I have 2 younger brothers who do mma at HB Punishment with Tito Ortiz. i've seen people like tito,tank abbot, chiek kongo, rampage and even Kimo Leopoldo who I actually met at the disc golf course. These guys are Beasts of humans but seeing these guys and thrn knowing jon jones is even bigger(except kongo) I dont know how he can lose

Byop Doubles tournament with a $1,000,000 purse. Who are you picking as your partner and why?

Ulibarri because we have a similar mental game and we can mesh well together on the course and putt up a great score.

McCabe is also another great choice because his Buzz shots and never miss putts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts