• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does your typical off-season practice look like?

Normally I play more in the offseason then I do on tour. It consists of lots of putting and driving and prepping for future events. Also working out in the offseason is a big thing.

First off, 'Gratz on your world title!

Before you were throwing big D, did you ever have an "aha" moment...where you saw a noticeable increase in your distance, if so, what was it? Also, what advice do you have for players trying to get more distance out of their game?

Thanks

I noticed more on the course when I was teaching holes I've never reached, but I can't say I had one certain moment.

How do you work on your form? Are there specific drills you go through? Do you take a video then watch?

Thanks for all the feedback and have a Happy Christmas!

p.s. I would have done architecture once I realized chemistry wasn't my thing. My school didn't offer it so I went Math.

I assume DGLO will be a stop on the tour this year? Hopefully I will get a chance to play on your card for a round. I'm very happy they added Toboggan to the courses played, makes it a must play now, that and its a NT.

Obviously David Wiggins has the world record but give me several names of guys who might not get it done out in the distance competitions that have shocking "Golf distance" when out on the course.

How did you feel about the rule changes for the usdgc this year? Do you think it improved or took away from the prestige of the event.

Last edited:
What's the coolest thing you've purchased with your payout following a big win?

What do you view as the strongest and weakest part of your game?

Is there an Innova disc you haven't been able to master? Always wanted to throw but couldn't get the hang of it?

If you were going to assemble a "Frankenstein" disc golfer using various abilities of pros who would you choose for:

Putting <40:
Putting 40+:
Up shots:
Midrange:
Flicks:
Distance:
Getting out of trouble:
Throwing form:
Way with the ladies:

Last edited:
How do you work on your form? Are there specific drills you go through? Do you take a video then watch?

Thanks for all the feedback and have a Happy Christmas!

p.s. I would have done architecture once I realized chemistry wasn't my thing. My school didn't offer it so I went Math.

Growing up I watch the top pros from my area and mixed all their forms into on and thats how my style was created (robert mcintee,kyle crabtree, amd steve gailey) were my main influence. To fix my form I go back and watch old film.

I assume DGLO will be a stop on the tour this year? Hopefully I will get a chance to play on your card for a round. I'm very happy they added Toboggan to the courses played, makes it a must play now, that and its a NT.

Yes DGLO is in my future and im glad they inserted that course also.

Obviously David Wiggins has the world record but give me several names of guys who might not get it done out in the distance competitions that have shocking "Golf distance" when out on the course.

Ricky Wysocki,Dave Feldberg, Nate Doss and Paul Ulibarri

How did you feel about the rule changes for the usdgc this year? Do you think it improved or took away from the prestige of the event.

I think it took away. I would rather have regular OB or stroke and distance. The new rule never really punished you

What's the coolest thing you've purchased with your payout following a big win?

What do you view as the strongest and weakest part of your game?

Is there an Innova disc you haven't been able to master? Always wanted to throw but couldn't get the hang of it?

I bought a brand new 2012 jeep patriot a couple weeks after winning worlds that was much needed.

My strongest I would say is distance with accuracy others might say putting. My weakness would have to be up putter.upshots.

I'm yet to learn how to throw a leopard. Ive been throwing one everytime ive played so far this winter.... Im determined to get one in my bag.

Just a quick tip to help you out if you hit the "+ button next to the quote button on every post you want to reply to it will quote all the posts in one so you can just answer in between the quotes of various people instead of making a new post for each one.

If you were going to assemble a "Frankenstein" disc golfer using various abilities of pros who would you choose for:

Putting <40:Ulibarri
Putting 40+:Wysocki
Up shots:Feldberg
Midrange:Locastro
Flicks:Koling
Distance:Wiggins
Getting out of trouble:Doss
Throwing form:Champ
Way with the ladies:Leviska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts