• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul -

Baseball is full of slumps and hot streaks. Have you found your DG career to be similar?

Also, superstitions were always fun in baseball as I played through high school (not stepping on foul lines before the game or mentioning a pitcher's no hitter, etc). Once I went on a hitting streak wearing a pair of cleats that were missing a couple spikes so when I got a new pair, I took the same spikes off to keep consistent ha. Of course it was more about confidence and joking with teammates than anything.

I've found I have a few quirky habits in DG as well (holding every disc at the 2 o'clock position, among others). Would you say you have any superstitions or even any routines that are more about luck/confidence? Thanks.

You have slumps in every sport, bad drives,putting,ect...

I can't say I have any superstitions in disc golf but if you have a good round its habit to do the same thing you did that morning.

Which car company do you think would be willing to make a car that would be great for Disc Golfers at heart, and what features would you want in said car?

I'm looking at a ford "flex" right now flex fits dg :thmbup: but I think rooms and gas milage are the biggest factors in dg. Also comfy seats with a great sound system.

What Roc's do you throw?

Also, is there a distance that you change your putting style? Can you use your "normal" putting style at 40?

I carry a DX,KC,Champion and star roc.

I have 4 putting styles
1) regular spin putt
2) jump putt 33
3) super spin putt
4) pitch putt

All are situational putts for under/over around all kinds of stuff so distance can be used for all of them... Turbo if needed

I'm looking at a ford "flex" right now flex fits dg :thmbup: but I think rooms and gas milage are the biggest factors in dg. Also comfy seats with a great sound system.

I think that one cool feature would be custom storage for extra discs in the trunk and to make the speakers look like golf discs

I am Excited to be talking to a Pro and to get to ask my questions.
I try to get out and practice all the time... I throw around 320 to 335 ft with my beast and valkyries. I do have two bosses but i use them for sidearm and get the same distance.
now what Im asking is would there be any other disc out there that would give me more distance?
And is there anything I could do to get the routine of throwing the disc???

Paul you need to come back to Des Moines iowa agian next year!! Was good see some top named pros here's not many come around these part we have some amazing courses around here! What did you think about them!!! Good luck next year back to back worlds!

Last edited:
Hey Paul, You had mentioned that you were approached by these other start up companies (prodigy and DD I assume). Did you get to try throwing any of their stuff? If so are you allowed to comment on what you thought. I know you are happy with your Innova stuff, just wondering if you got to throw anything and what you thought of it. If you can't say exactly what you threw I understand.

I am Excited to be talking to a Pro and to get to ask my questions.
I try to get out and practice all the time... I throw around 320 to 335 ft with my beast and valkyries. I do have two bosses but i use them for sidearm and get the same distance.
now what Im asking is would there be any other disc out there that would give me more distance?
And is there anything I could do to get the routine of throwing the disc???

I started out throwing the beast also I moves from the beast to the Orc then wraith and finally to the destroyer so hopefully that helps

Paul you need to come back to Des Moines iowa agian next year!! Was good see some top named pros here's not many come around these part we have some amazing courses around here! What did you think about them!!! Good luck next year back to back worlds!

Des Moines has the best set up for courses! those 4 we play are top of the line when will they be making that an NT?

Hey Paul, You had mentioned that you were approached by these other start up companies (prodigy and DD I assume). Did you get to try throwing any of their stuff? If so are you allowed to comment on what you thought. I know you are happy with your Innova stuff, just wondering if you got to throw anything and what you thought of it. If you can't say exactly what you threw I understand.

I never knew DD waa coming out with any discs till they publicized it. I still haven't thrown or felt one.

The other company I have thrown'em thats about all I can say.

Paul, Have watched much disc golf on Dvd and Youtube. Never really had a favorite player. Liked all players equally. After reading this thread, I think many others will agree, you are the guy I will be supporting from now on. Good luck in 2013

Des Moines has the best set up for courses! those 4 we play are top of the line when will they be making that an NT?

Probably never! It will probably always stay a a tier event! They defiantly need to make it to get more too name pros out there! They are all hard and challenging courses and they all are different and have a mix variety of shot!! I would low to see if become a nt or at least make another tournament that's us a nt. is it up to a TD to change it to a nt or make a tournament for it??

Last edited:
Paul, Have watched much disc golf on Dvd and Youtube. Never really had a favorite player. Liked all players equally. After reading this thread, I think many others will agree, you are the guy I will be supporting from now on. Good luck in 2013

No doubt both MJ, and Paul will have many more fans after hanging out with us here. :thmbup:

Thank you thats awesome to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.