• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Paul,
I was trying to fish a lost disc out of the pond at Hampton Park after the Charleston Classic and found a couple others. One was a discmania fever by the fountain at hole 17, and the only identification on it is the name "Paul" written on the top side of the disc. I'm trying to get the other discs I found to their rightful owners. Is this your disc and if so, would you like it back?

Hey Paul,

You mentioned that you carry 4-5 Rocs. What do you look for in a Roc? Flat or domey? 11x or 12x? And why the reason (if any) for the preference?

Once you get your own signature disc do you get a percentage of that discs sales? Heard this a number of times but never from someone with first hand knowledge.

Hi Paul,
I was trying to fish a lost disc out of the pond at Hampton Park after the Charleston Classic and found a couple others. One was a discmania fever by the fountain at hole 17, and the only identification on it is the name "Paul" written on the top side of the disc. I'm trying to get the other discs I found to their rightful owners. Is this your disc and if so, would you like it back?

Thats not mine but thanks though... I dont think I threw any in at that event

Hey Paul,

You mentioned that you carry 4-5 Rocs. What do you look for in a Roc? Flat or domey? 11x or 12x? And why the reason (if any) for the preference?

Straight to over stable so I can work them in to that stage I need them at.

Paul, you mentioned earlier about the other pros you like. Climo and others.

My question is have you ever met and/or played a round of golf with Steve Wisecup?

Back when he was on top he was known as the consummate pro. His play, style and attitude was always top notch.

Paul ... I remember watching you after the BHMO last year practicing some really short, super high upshots around the practice basket and I remember thinking, the tournament is over, he's not in the finals, and he's still hucking discs around - I guess I was wondering what that was all about - were you just messing around, killing time or were you working on a shot you encountered during the round?

I guess part II of my question is do you normally practice trouble shots?

As an HB guy, were you an Oiler? Also, if you frequent the beach, do you prefer the North or South side breaks at the Pier (I'm south side myself). Thanks for your patience and time!

Have you ever tried throwing the dominator in champion plastic? if so what is your opinion on the disc?

(just seeing if the disc will increase in value in the future because it has been discontinued in that plastic)

Once you get your own signature disc do you get a percentage of that discs sales? Heard this a number of times but never from someone with first hand knowledge.

I was thinking it was something along the lines of a set $ amount/disc sold. Say like 25-50 cents a disc. I don't really remember the numbers on that or if that is how they work it with every pro that has a signature disc but I think that is how it is done for some of them. That is not first hand knowledge...innova has yet to offer me a signature disc :) Also, I don't mean to be answering questions for Paul. If he is uncertain then I am sure what I have heard is questionable as he would know more about this than I would.

I was thinking it was something along the lines of a set $ amount/disc sold. Say like 25-50 cents a disc. I don't really remember the numbers on that or if that is how they work it with every pro that has a signature disc but I think that is how it is done for some of them. That is not first hand knowledge...innova has yet to offer me a signature disc :) Also, I don't mean to be answering questions for Paul. If he is uncertain then I am sure what I have heard is questionable as he would know more about this than I would.

I believe Climo was quoted as saying he used to receive 25 cents per disc back in the day. And that every month he would receive checks from Innova for hundreds of dollars (or maybe it was thousands). I don't know if Innova still pays their signature pros this way, but it would be interesting to find out.

I believe Climo was quoted as saying he used to receive 25 cents per disc back in the day. And that every month he would receive checks from Innova for hundreds of dollars (or maybe it was thousands). I don't know if Innova still pays their signature pros this way, but it would be interesting to find out.

I would bet that Climo's deal is/was different than other pros. He's 'The Champ' after all. If he receives a percentage of sales or a fixed rate per disc, you can bet it's higher than most pros w/ sig discs.

In this article here, he references his salary saying:

"Under the terms of the deal, Climo gets a quarter per disc sold in addition to a monthly paycheck. "It started out at a little less than $1,000 a month, maybe a little over $1,000 in the summertime when sales are good," Climo said. "Now I'll get checks for around $4,000 a month in the summertime."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=mccluskey/090819

Asked MJ this as well, but what in your opinion are the types of discs/shots that are a must have for the average round of disc golf. I know it can vary some with what course and player ability, but just for a sort of standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts