• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do for diet when you are playing a tourney out of town? Do you bring food or just eat whatever/fast food you can find?

Paul, you mentioned earlier about the other pros you like. Climo and others.

My question is have you ever met and/or played a round of golf with Steve Wisecup?

Back when he was on top he was known as the consummate pro. His play, style and attitude was always top notch.

I know steve very well. I'm unsure if ive ever played with him but I know he is a great guy.

Paul ... I remember watching you after the BHMO last year practicing some really short, super high upshots around the practice basket and I remember thinking, the tournament is over, he's not in the finals, and he's still hucking discs around - I guess I was wondering what that was all about - were you just messing around, killing time or were you working on a shot you encountered during the round?

I guess part II of my question is do you normally practice trouble shots?

No real reason for the shots but I did just practice putt from where they landed

As an HB guy, were you an Oiler? Also, if you frequent the beach, do you prefer the North or South side breaks at the Pier (I'm south side myself). Thanks for your patience and time!

Yes I am. I used to go 17th street straight out from the DG course

Have you ever tried throwing the dominator in champion plastic? if so what is your opinion on the disc?

(just seeing if the disc will increase in value in the future because it has been discontinued in that plastic)

I have no clue I just know its fast. Haven't thrown it

Awesome you're doing this Paul. I'm the dude that filmed the infamous Jim Oats falling putt if you remember. I thought you handled that really well btw, especially with his comment on the next tee pad.

Question: Do you like watching vids of yourself play? If you do, here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJo5ah2TJzg

Yea I do... I'm a huge nerd on going ovef video to critique myself

Asked MJ this as well, but what in your opinion are the types of discs/shots that are a must have for the average round of disc golf. I know it can vary some with what course and player ability, but just for a sort of standard.

Backhand hyzer,anhyzer and straight shot thats about the basics... Is that what your asking?

What do you do for diet when you are playing a tourney out of town? Do you bring food or just eat whatever/fast food you can find?

Its pretty much whatevers.in the area... When I get the chance (have a fridge, stove and oven) I normally get groceries and make my own food

Thanks for the tip about practicing while at the course.
You said that you toss maybe five discs for every throw.
Did that today and it seemed to help learn my discs and explore different ways/lines to throw.
Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the tip about practicing while at the course.
You said that you toss maybe five discs for every throw.
Did that today and it seemed to help learn my discs and explore different ways/lines to throw.
Thanks for the tip.

No problem. Hour it works

Hawii, alaska, washington, montana, wyoming, arkansas, louisiana and most of the norteaten states beside new york and massachusetts. So ive played in about 31 states

Well we have some stellar courses in Washington, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't play Seatac and Shelton at least once. Northern Idaho has some killer disc golf as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.