• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

The Timberwolf is a really nice fairway driver...somewhere between a Teebird and TL, stability-wise. It would have been cool to see you guys do a Wolverine clone, too.

I'm hoping you guys can work on their trimming processes, though...Daredevil tends to have an almost razor sharp trim line on the rim, which I'm not a huge fan of.

The Timberwolf is a really nice fairway driver...somewhere between a Teebird and TL, stability-wise. It would have been cool to see you guys do a Wolverine clone, too.

I'm hoping you guys can work on their trimming processes, though...Daredevil tends to have an almost razor sharp trim line on the rim, which I'm not a huge fan of.

We actually have the world's greatest plastic trimmer on staff/sponsored by RDG :thmbup:
Justin Bunnell, aka Kid, from Gateway is a good friend of mine and I'm sure I can coax him to trim up the runs we do. You'll never notice a it was there.

The biggest reason that we chose to work with Daredevil is that their plastic is fantastic.
They know what they are doing when it comes to producing their discs.
Their biggest struggle seems to be marketing the golf side of their lineup. I know I will certainly be bagging some of their stuff to help increase exposure. So far they have been fantastic to work with and I'm sure that only good things can come of this partnership.

It will be a little bit but I'll keep everyone posted throughout the journey. I have no interest in rushing out discs bc we all know there are plenty to go around.
I will be testing these protos, devoping our final plastic selection & determining if any mold tweaks are required. Either way I'm excited add a little more range in my RDG only bag lol

Fair enough, I figured it would be a while. But if you had to hazard a guess? 1 month, 3 months, 12 years...?

Fair enough, I figured it would be a while. But if you had to hazard a guess? 1 month, 3 months, 12 years...?

Hahaha. I'd speculate 2 months to be safe. I love to scheme and develop plans as rapidly as I can but ultimately I am slow and steady when it comes to producing products.

Hahaha. I'd speculate 2 months to be safe. I love to scheme and develop plans as rapidly as I can but ultimately I am slow and steady when it comes to producing products.

I respect and appreciate the methodical approach to releasing a quality product. That being said, I'm still chomping at the bit to get some new releases from RDG... Two months wait is going to be hard :p

Just got a text from DaveMac.
He said that he might be able to get the Fossil batch thrown in this evening or tomorrow.....

Let us hope this means we are in full production.

My favorite discs are the 8-9 speed type control distance driver. So, TL Teebird, Valkyrie, Thunderbird, Firebird....those type discs are so important. Higher Speed / rim width does not equal better or "farther" All those discs are nice. or a little slower would be the Prodigy F series, which is also nice. So Happy to see RDG, well done!
I still need more serps and scales ;) let me know if you ever run them in 'premium' style plastics. That would be $

Just got a text from DaveMac.
He said that he might be able to get the Fossil batch thrown in this evening or tomorrow.....

Let us hope this means we are in full production.

Good news. Been checking the site 3 or 4 times a day. I have a problem.

Got another one of these rainbow Gandalfs in the mail today.
Good timing. Thanks RDG!

Timberwolf is a good choice. Its a disc that hardcore disc golfers (i.e. people on DGCR) have heard of, but very few have tried. It's a really good fairway driver. Feels like a TL but has just a little more overall stability, yet not quite the stability of a Teebird. It's clearly modeled after the Teebird though. I think once people try it, they will enjoy it; it's very good for all skill levels.

Will the RDG plastic be as gummy? I personally hope not. I really liked a couple of their discs but they get too floppy in this Tejas heat

Will the RDG plastic be as gummy? I personally hope not. I really liked a couple of their discs but they get too floppy in this Tejas heat

They currently offer their Performance (Champion) and Flex Performance (Gummmy Champ) as you know. I prefer the surface complexion of their Flex Perf. but I 100% want to firm it up.
I'd say our full production will be right in between the two.

I disagree. I like the softer blend "champ" better. Feels great and should be super durable and take tree hits great without big kicks.

That's Texas for ya.....

I loved the feel, grip and durability of the Timberwolf I had but that was our "winter" months. Then summer came ant my Twolf became like a champ blowfly unfortunately.

Somewhere in between their two plastics would be suhwheeet!

If a stamp is sold out will you run them again??

I missed out on the gandalf glow wizards! How about a gandalf glow or gandalf fossil plastic?

And I love Jurassic park, can we get a Robert Muldoon stamp?!

Latest posts