• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

way to take the high road.

still waiting on sobek release. :popcorn:

i'm actually holding off on buying the dx gators because of these; sounds awesome.

Dx gator is very different then a honey. The honey is closer to a premium plastic gator. Dx as usual has more glide for the gator but the dx/pro/ premium honey have like no glide at all. Premium honey is a bit more over stable. The dx honey warps pretty easily but doesn't seem to change flight for a long long time, more like picking up a bit of glide. Dx gator seemed to gain more glide and pick up a tad of turn and lose a bit of fade as it breaks in.

I'm hoping the local pro will get a variation of the honey/ sobek

Also cassidy do you know who molds essential discs?

Score... that was lucky. Just happened to check out the status at the right time. Looks like they're going fast.

Dx gator is very different then a honey. The honey is closer to a premium plastic gator. Dx as usual has more glide for the gator but the dx/pro/ premium honey have like no glide at all. Premium honey is a bit more over stable. The dx honey warps pretty easily but doesn't seem to change flight for a long long time, more like picking up a bit of glide. Dx gator seemed to gain more glide and pick up a tad of turn and lose a bit of fade as it breaks in.

I'm hoping the local pro will get a variation of the honey/ sobek

Also cassidy do you know who molds essential discs?

Yeah the Honey take abuse early but the flight is very slow to change. The Sobek has an even slower progression of flight bc it is slightly more OS than the Honey. The main reason Larry was interested in working with us is bc Dave found a way to run the Honey even more OS which Larry wasn't a fan of... but I was :D

Just wanted to give RDG a shout out for your shipping. I'm on the NC coast and the discs I ordered Tuesday are already out for delivery today!!! This was my second time ordering and the first was just as rapid and prompt, and all for a paltry $3 shipping charge for two discs that are at a fantastic price point themselves. These are the things that make me want to put more and more of your discs in my bag.
;););)Fossil Sobeks:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I'm actually a little mad at myself for jumping on all these blanks. Because we all know James is going to put some killer stamps on all this sweet plastic, and then I'll have to buy more.

I'm actually a little mad at myself for jumping on all these blanks. Because we all know James is going to put some killer stamps on all this sweet plastic, and then I'll have to buy more.

Yeah, I want color Sobeks but gonna wait for the stamp...

Last edited:

Yep, exactly! I limited myself to 1 Sobek now because I want to see what plastic/stamps come out on these later. :)

Part of the reason I only grabbed a pair of Sobeks. The other part being I wanted to make sure people who take their job more seriously (aka not taking unscheduled breaks to feed their hobby addiction) than I do have a chance to grab some of these. I wanted to get 6+ :p

Ptero and raptor. What kind of discs are we looking at here? And plastics.

So pretty soon the rdg lineup will have:

Overstable putter scale
Mega overstable mid sobek
Mega overstable driver raptor.

RDG, the choice of torque monkeys everywhere!

I hear ya! I only picked up one proto Sobek because I figure I will be buying a lot more of them once it is released in the full RDG plastic lineup rather than the proto stuff.

Daredevil discs, Sabertooth and Timberwolf retools it seems.
Check the first page of this thread.

Correct.

It'll be a new plastic flavor. DAREDEVIL are masters of using the plastic to alter shape and flight characteristics so that is what we are looking at.

The Raptor isn't Mega OS. It is pretty workable actually for an IS control driver.

So pretty soon the rdg lineup will have:

Overstable putter scale
Mega overstable mid sobek
Mega overstable driver raptor.

RDG, the choice of torque monkeys everywhere!

It is the brand that DGCR built!

So glad to be able to grab some of these Wizards. Pick me some winners, Jamie! :thmbup:

It is the brand that DGCR built!

So glad to be able to grab some of these Wizards. Pick me some winners, Jamie! :thmbup:

They all felt soooooo nice.

I know a few folks will be upset that these aren't brick hard like the previous runs but the shape, complexion and overall feel of these things are other worldly.

Saber tooth 9/4/0/5. Timberwolf 9/6-1/0.

The raptor is the saber? So it's a sabertooth L.

And the ptero is a timber wolf x?

Latest posts