• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Yeah we have a nice infusion of paypal this morning :hfive:.

For the new fans of RDG in recent months, I like to advertise that this is 100% a hobby for me. I don't rely on the money RDG makes so all of the money just gets thrown back into the business to continue to expand :)

#growthereptile

I find it amusing this new (Sobek) release. It is the same as the Original Honey mold by Essential Discs. I am a power thrower and have never turned over this (Honey) even after beating it to hell and back. It for sure though isnt a true midrange, it is a disc that fits between a putter and a Midrange. Slightly faster than the Zone but less glide. I use them for shots up to 270 feet. for myself they hold a line 250 flat and finish about 15 feet left of release. The one I have beat to hell, Ill post a picture later turns slightly for me and finishes close to 300 feet in front of release point. They have replaced my overstable mids and putters. They also are sweet for short overhand shots. On my local course I would say I throw the Honey about 70-75% of all my shots.

Also, Not sure if you heard and not trying to Hijack Thread, but Essential Discs is offering a $200 Ace Bounty for an Ace with A Honey during Am Worlds or Ledgestone Open. Perhaps Jamie can convince them to extend that offer to Sobeks as well since they are the same mold.

I find it amusing this new (Sobek) release. It is the same as the Original Honey mold by Essential Discs. I am a power thrower and have never turned over this (Honey) even after beating it to hell and back. It for sure though isnt a true midrange, it is a disc that fits between a putter and a Midrange. Slightly faster than the Zone but less glide. I use them for shots up to 270 feet. for myself they hold a line 250 flat and finish about 15 feet left of release. The one I have beat to hell, Ill post a picture later turns slightly for me and finishes close to 300 feet in front of release point. They have replaced my overstable mids and putters. They also are sweet for short overhand shots. On my local course I would say I throw the Honey about 70-75% of all my shots.

Also, Not sure if you heard and not trying to Hijack Thread, but Essential Discs is offering a $200 Ace Bounty for an Ace with A Honey during Am Worlds or Ledgestone Open. Perhaps Jamie can convince them to extend that offer to Sobeks as well since they are the same mold.

What do you find amusing?

Two small DG companies working together to bring a mold to different crowds?
Larry and I have been working together on a deal that will allow the Honey to be released as the Sobek. The Sobek was never billed as a whole new mold. It is a variant of the Honey which features a micro-bead and flies much more OS than Larry wanted the mold to fly like.

way to take the high road.

still waiting on sobek release. :popcorn:

i'm actually holding off on buying the dx gators because of these; sounds awesome.

Any hints to when this might happen??????

Just trying to keep this near the top!

:):):)

Unfortunately I don't have any idea :(

I'll have some reloaded by the weekend that is for certain.
I wish I would have just grabbed three times as many discs while I was at the shop...

Unfortunately I don't have any idea :(

I'll have some reloaded by the weekend that is for certain.
I wish I would have just grabbed three times as many discs while I was at the shop...

Just out of curiosity.........how many and how fast did this last batch sell?

Glad to see them move so well.......

but really hope I am online for the next release....

Officially restocked on Fossil & Fossil Fuel Wizards.

I also threw up a case of blank yellow Sobeks for those that want to demo them out.

Awesome! Is there a difference between the Sobek proto plastics other than the color?

Latest posts